• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Heroman

Banned
¡HarlequinPanic!;179823850 said:
no way they're doing mania with only two main roster divas after the 'revolution' this year. divas will have a title match and then a tag match
There is no way they get 2 matches at manina , they don't even get 2 matches on a b tier ppv.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Brock vs Rock did they see what happened to Sting and Taker?

Rock is a fair bit younger and probably in much better shape. Also - Rock would bring in a lot of mainstream media attention

why on earth would taker go for the us title

Cena issues the ultimate US Title Challenge - to beat Undertaker at Wrestlemania. After 6+ months of doing the challenge and not losing, having Taker be the final challenger makes some sort of sense - but honestly it's "shoehorn the story in because Taker/Cena hasn't been done before at WM". If Taker had beaten Lesnar, this match would be far bigger admittedly.

¡HarlequinPanic!;179823850 said:
no way they're doing mania with only two main roster divas after the 'revolution' this year. divas will have a title match and then a tag match

I figure there will be some pre-show Tag Title stuff and Divas match, as well as the Andre Battle Royal.

EDIT: They could also do a NXT special prior to WM on Saturday, which would move the NXT matches off of the WM card. I just really want to see the Balor entrance on a WM scale. :D

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Vince wants to put Cena over as the greatest of all time.

Plus he probably regrets not giving the streak win to Cena.

I think he regrets not having a babyface ready to take Cena's spot for that moment. Cena turning heel and cheating to end the Streak would probably have been this generation's "Hogan / NWO" moment. If Reigns had been ready or Lesnar had signed on for a full-time schedule, it probably would have happened.

Today in loltna

– Next week will be the final episode of Impact that the promotion has taped. Following Bound for Glory, the promotion will put together makeshift shows from the matches taped during the last set of tapings. The promotion has not officially announced a new set of TV tapings.

– The promotion has started to inform some talent of the rumored India tour. The dates for the rumored tour are November 29th through December 5th. The goal is to tape TV for December and into January. It was reported in late August that TNA was looking to tape in India, “built around Mahabili Sheera as the conquering hero.”

So you want to tape the 2 months of TV that you're going to use to try land a TV deal, to Cena push a guy who hasn't debuted on your show?

MC Safety

What I am guessing for WM assuming no Sting, Daniel Bryan, or Batista

Cena vs Taker (US Title)
Brock vs Rock (WWE WHC) (Rock still has a title shot owed to him)
EDIT: Brock wins the title back at RR from Rollins, and then enters the RR and wins the RR as well.
HHH vs Rollins (face turn)
Reigns (heel turn at RR) vs Ambrose
Usos vs New Day (Tag Team Titles)
Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn (IC Title)
Finn Balor vs Samoa Joe (NXT Title)
Charlotte vs Sasha Banks (Women's Title)
Bayley vs Asuka (NXT Women's Title)

A few criticisms, probably already covered by others:

1) They won't have two women's titles matches.
2) Cena vs. Undertaker is lame
3) No one wants to see the Usos at Wrestlemania, unless it's during the pre-show
4) They'll need to fit in the Wyatts, and at least one of the following: Big Show, Kane, Randy Boreton, Ryback, Rusev, and Caesaro.

Most likely the NXT matches will be featured on a separate, complementary NXT pay-per-view.

Oh, and I don't imagine Rock or Brock will ever hold the WWE title again.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Daniel Bryan may be done, but what about Bryan Danielson? I need to see MiSu vs Bryan (especially as the first one never made tape).

I have no doubt he'll try to wrassle again once his WWE contract is up.

Shitty Indy poster Thursday?

IWL-10-03-15-flyer.jpg

This poster is actually pretty good, but wait the special guests are who?

Raw64life

Rock would get hurt because he's way too bulky, not because he's old. He was a full time pro wrestler for all of 8 years. He doesn't have nearly the wear and tear that most wrestlers do.

Fox318

I think he regrets not having a babyface ready to take Cena's spot for that moment. Cena turning heel and cheating to end the Streak would probably have been this generation's "Hogan / NWO" moment. If Reigns had been ready or Lesnar had signed on for a full-time schedule, it probably would have happened.

Thing is Reigns was ready at after Summerslam.

It wasn't until Vince had those scripted interviews and promos did things start to go down.

Modern american wrestling doesnt have stories, it has just spots and rest holds.

Where are my suplexes, backbreakers, knee lifts and stomping without it being treated like a fucking highspot? Instead lets super kick everything all the time.

Oh and where is the selling?

Watch this Evolve match:

Gulak vs TJ Perkins

If you like it you should check Evolve, the grappling/strong style they have going is my favorite type of wrestling at the moment.

Aiii

So not worth it
This Table for 3 is incredible. No way Vince has anything to do with this.

Considering how the three women buried the entire Divas division, the title, the treatment of women in WWE and the sexist match stipulations... Yeah, I doubt he saw a second of it.

Mahonay

Banned
Catching up on RAW and I'm watching the brawl between the Wyatt's and Reigns/Ambrose. There was a moment where all 5 were fighting out in front of commentary. The Kevin Dunn zooming in & out with shaky cam got so severe that it actually made me feel dizzy and sick. So fucking horrible. I literally yelled "fuck off!" at the screen.

Dang, Fat Frank (the promoter of Jersey All-Pro Wrestling) has passed away. JAPW's not always had the best reputation, but Frank gave early opportunities to a TON of up-and-coming wrestlers over the years, as well as doing stuff like weekly internet shows way before most had cottoned on to the idea. Anywho, in his honour, let's watch some poor jobbers get thrown into The Wall;

0fY56TY.gif

That's the wall, brother

Recall

Recall's Wrestlemania Card that will put 120,000 people into a 100,000 stadium

1) Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn (I.C Title Match)
2) Sasha Banks vs Charlotte (Diva's Title Match)
3) The New Day vs The Hardy Boys (Tag Team Title Match)
4) Finn Balor vs Neville (Ladder Match for US Title)
5) Kane, Big Show, Sheamus & The Miz vs Dolph Ziggler, Ryback, Randy Orton & Rusev
6) HHH vs The Rock
7) Brock Lesnar vs The Undertaker (3 Stages of Hell Match, see No Way Out 2001 if you have no idea what this is)
8) John Cena vs Roman Reigns vs Seth Rollins vs Some guy who has suddenly been pushed to the moon (World Title Match)

Smell that buyrate, baby! SMELL IT!

The preshow will have both a male and a female battle royal.

I really do expect something as middling as this.

LOL SHEAMUS

A funny thing happened after that, which was quite awkward. Kane left. Sheamus got up, since it makes no sense to sell one choke slam for very long. Rollins stayed down, because he took a tombstone. Fans were screaming at Sheamus to cash it in, not realizing that the show was over and thus, you couldn’t cash in. So Sheamus saw Rollins laying there motionless, grabbed his briefcase, and left the ring.

WM★ Card:
1) WWEWHC Match: Seth Rollins(c) vs Roman Reigns
2) Career vs Career: Undertaker vs Kane
3) Mixed Tag Match: Triple H and Stephanie McMahon vs The Rock and Rhonda Rousey
4) One More Time Because YOU Demanded It: John Cena vs Randy Orton
5) Handicap Match: Brock Lesnar vs The Big Show and Mark Henry
6) IC Title Match: Kevin Owens(c) vs Baron Corbin
7) Man in the Mirror Match: Stardust vs Cody Rhodes
8) Dean Ambrose vs Chris Jericho
9) 10 Woman Divas Tag Clusterfuck

Preshow:
10) Fatal Four Way Tag Team Title Match: The New Day vs Los Matadores vs Prime Time Players vs Wyatt Family(c)
11) Paycheck Battle Royal

Top Bottom