• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

:((((((_

Akira Hokuto, 48, a Hall of Fame woman star who is considered one of the greatest female in-ring performers of all-time, disclosed on 9/23 that she was suffering from breast cancer.

Hokuto announced on her web site about her condition and that she would be undergoing surgery on 9/24 on her right breast.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
5402554a708d9.jpg

Someone has to read his bedtime stories to him.

What amazes me about that is I think it'd actually be more difficult to find a patch in the Megadeth font but with Megadeth spelled wrong than it would be to find a regular Megadeth patch.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I mean they can't have it be the real Megadeth!

But they don't think ol' Rob Halford will have an issue with Judas Priest?

Remember when Megadeth did a song for Gears of War

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1P3mhaNt4k

I thought Super Collider was okay but yes, Rust in Peace is their only great album.

RIP is so good but Peace Sells is also fucking incredible.

As "commercial" as their sound changed for Countdown and Youthanasia, they were still good. Just different.

Can we just dress Ziggler as Sting so we can end the Rusev/Ziggler story and give Rollins the rematch without using a fragile 50 years old man as the opponent?

NoRéN

What amazes me about that is I think it'd actually be more difficult to find a patch in the Megadeth font but with Megadeth spelled wrong than it would be to find a regular Megadeth patch.
Depends where you. In downtown L.A, pre gentrification, I would see Megadeath patches often. They were in the same shop as the large pack of tube socks and Nike sneakers with check marks.

Megadeth would be the greatest trash metal band of all time if only Dave Mustaine could sing for shit, he's so bad
I fondly remember pissing off people by pointing out that Dave mustaine sucked as a vocalist.

imBask

Banned
NoRéN;179835689 said:
Depends where you. In downtown L.A, pre gentrification, I would see Megadeath patches often. They were in the same shop as the large pack of tube socks and Nike sneakers with check marks.

I fondly remember pissing off people by pointing out that Dave mustaine sucked as a vocalist.

he's terrible, good guitarist, but he can't sing

Some notes on Lucha Underground 2 from this week's Observer:

-- The budget is supposed to be lower than the $40K per episode from S1 but it shouldn't be noticeable on screen.

-- S2 is expected to be less than 39 episodes.

-- There may be some conflicts with Ricochet's schedule. He's supposed to tour New Japan more and even work Tokyo Dome but his contract doesn't allow him to be on TV or PPV in North America. LU may let him keep the dates since he'll be working as Ricochet and not Prince Puma but that isn't final.

-- In addition to Rey, Marty the Moth and Jeff Cobb, who worked some dark matches in S1, are expected to have substantial roles.

-- WWE was looking at signing Rey or Alberto since they haven't been able to establish a Hispanic star but that's out for now.

Ithil

Some notes on Lucha Underground 2 from this week's Observer:

-- The budget is supposed to be lower than the $40K per episode from S1 but it shouldn't be noticeable on screen.

-- S2 is expected to be less than 39 episodes.

-- There may be some conflicts with Ricochet's schedule. He's supposed to tour New Japan more and even work Tokyo Dome but his contract doesn't allow him to be on TV or PPV in North America. LU may let him keep the dates since he'll be working as Ricochet and not Prince Puma but that isn't final.

-- In addition to Rey, Marty the Moth and Jeff Cobb, who worked some dark matches in S1, are expected to have substantial roles.

-- WWE was looking at signing Rey or Alberto since they haven't been able to establish a Hispanic star but that's out for now.

400k*

Fox318

If I was Hispanic I wouldn't sign with WWE unless I had no other options. Only thing they care about is height. They probably had no idea how Eddie and Rey got over. Plus after the shit they pulled with Alberto...

This is the company that told their supposed top star he had to wear blue eye contacts.

Here's an idea...have they actually TRIED to do anything with Kalisto beyond "have him tag with that other masked Mexican guy, y'know...whatshisname"? Like, has he had a story? Or really been introduced to the fans in any greater manner than "it's a guy with a mask...he does flips n stuff!". Have they tried having him cut a promo?

somedevil

Star ratings for Night of Champions:

Ryback vs. Kevin Owens - **1/2
Dolph Ziggler vs. Rusev - ***
The New Day vs. The Dudley Boyz - **3/4
Nikki Bella vs. Charlotte - ***1/4
Chris Jericho, Dean Ambrose & Roman Reigns vs. The Wyatt Family - ****
Seth Rollins vs. John Cena - ****
Seth Rollins vs. Sting - ***

Highest rated single divas match since Aj vs Natalya on Main Event last year. The last two pay per views have had two 3 stars or greater women matches in a row.

Also, since his match with Bryan at Fastlane Reigns has not had a match lower than 3.5 stars.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
If WWE wants to have a Latino star, why don't they give Kalisto a singles push? I would love if they signed Pentagon Jr and gave him a Kevin Owens type of heel role though.

bjork

I've not caught any Mexican wrestling in probably 15 years, but is there an equivalent of a Vader or a Brock from down there? Some huge stiff-working bastard that you want to see clobber fools? Thinking back, they always try to push Mexican dudes as either high-flyers or they're Eddie.

Here's an idea...have they actually TRIED to do anything with Kalisto beyond "have him tag with that other masked Mexican guy, y'know...whatshisname"? Like, has he had a story? Or really been introduced to the fans in any greater manner than "it's a guy with a mask...he does flips n stuff!". Have they tried having him cut a promo?

Need wrestler to appeal to Latin audience
Squander Kalisto
?
No buys

What a bunch of dumb fucks.

But Kalisto got to cut a promo with Sin Cara on a recent NXT.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
I've not caught any Mexican wrestling in probably 15 years, but is there an equivalent of a Vader or a Brock from down there? Some huge stiff-working bastard that you want to see clobber fools? Thinking back, they always try to push Mexican dudes as either high-flyers or they're Eddie.

Lucha Underground is selling Mil Muertes as that. He is doing damn well in that role.

Fox318

"But he's short. There is no way that he can get over like Big Show or Big Daddy Cool"

"I mean Diesel really knew how to draw"

bjork

You assholes stop picking on Diesel :(

It's not his fault they gave him shit like Mabel to fight, and battle of the powerbombs with Sid. :(

Top Bottom