• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

-- WWE was looking at signing Rey or Alberto since they haven't been able to establish a Hispanic star but that's out for now.

WWE have been trying to establish a Hispanic star since they fired Alberto? Since when?

Fox318

-- WWE was looking at signing Rey or Alberto since they haven't been able to establish a Hispanic star but that's out for now.

WWE have been trying to establish a Hispanic star since they fired Alberto? Since when?

hZ05MJnl.jpg

Caderfix

I saw a video at metal injection where they were covering the WWE 2k16 press event, and they asked the superstars about their taste in metal, eventually the interviewer asked Ziggler what's his favorite Iron Maiden album (since he was using a Maiden shirt and all that) and he clearly couldn't remember the name of any album and said something like "Well, I go to greatest hits" or something and said the name of one song "the Number of the Beast" followed by "666".

I'm not an Iron Maiden fan, and I'm not one of those people that know every bit of history behind a band, but even I could answer that question or, at least, be more convincing than Ziggler.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

What's the timestamp on this newz?

Agreed, but I've got little doubt that with WWE's creative team behind him he'd be more Judas Mesias than Mil Muertes. They'd find some way to ruin it, they always do.

Well they would take off his mask, and instead of a suit he would wear a shirt, and Catrina would be paired with Ziggler eventually.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Clearly beans are the key to his longevity. I have baked beans for breakfast most mornings, hope I look as unchanged as Jimmy does at 70!

Gross.

Also Jimmy looks like hell when the shades come off.

Anth0ny

Recall's Wrestlemania Card that will put 120,000 people into a 100,000 stadium

1) Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn (I.C Title Match)
2) Sasha Banks vs Charlotte (Diva's Title Match)
3) The New Day vs The Hardy Boys (Tag Team Title Match)
4) Finn Balor vs Neville (Ladder Match for US Title)
5) Kane, Big Show, Sheamus & The Miz vs Dolph Ziggler, Ryback, Randy Orton & Rusev
6) HHH vs The Rock
7) Brock Lesnar vs The Undertaker (3 Stages of Hell Match, see No Way Out 2001 if you have no idea what this is)
8) John Cena vs Roman Reigns vs Seth Rollins vs Some guy who has suddenly been pushed to the moon (World Title Match)

Smell that buyrate, baby! SMELL IT!

The preshow will have both a male and a female battle royal.

I really do expect something as middling as this.

The REAL money making card:

HHH vs. The Rock (respect handshake at the end)
Lesnar vs. Stone Cold
Sting vs. Bryan
Undertaker vs. John Cena
Reigns vs. Rollins vs. Ambrose for the title. Reigns wins. 5 star match, all three men embrace, shield reunion is happening, crowd goes wild. Rock and HHH come out to congratulate them on a great match... Reigns smashes Ambrose over the head with the title. Then Rollins. AND THEN THE ROCK.

HHH PEDIGREES ROCK

THE CORPORATION 2.0

klonere

Banned
The Eva Marie storyline in NXT is like something that fell out of WCW 2000, she's bad at fake wrestling but the ref might be on her side and its clear someone up high likes her as well.

MC Safety

I take it back: Eva Marie shouting an opponent's catch phrase is a terrible affectation, especially when she does it 20 times in the course of a four-minute match.

"How you doon?"

"How you doon?"

"How you doon?"

imBask

Banned
I take it back: Eva Marie shouting an opponent's catch phrase is a terrible affectation, especially when she does it 20 times in the course of a four-minute match.

"How you doon?"

"How you doon?"

"How you doon?"

Eva Marie and Sheamus should be together

HOW YOU DOON?
ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?
HOW YOU DOON?
ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?
HOW YOU DOON?
ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?
HOW YOU DOON?
ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?
HOW YOU DOON?
ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

Eva Marie and Sheamus should be together

HOW YOU DOON?
ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?
HOW YOU DOON?
ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?
HOW YOU DOON?
ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?
HOW YOU DOON?
ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?
HOW YOU DOON?
ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

We need DENTAL PLAN to come into this thread to contribute to this.

Recall

So who actually watched WCW growing up? Here in the UK I never saw any WCW until 2000 where it was Booker T vs Jeff Jarrett at the top of the card as it was on one of our standard TV channels. Going back now and watching bits and pieces and full PPVs from the later eras like 1996-1998 I really wish it was more prominent over here as I grew up. Sure the main events are terrible and Hulk Hogan just wouldn't go away but my god the undercard stuff is just great and is a great contrast compared to WWF at the time.

I'm old now and in between married life and raising kids it still genuinely fun to watch American wrestling from the late 80's until '01. Everything after just isn't the same regardless of my age, there just seems to be less focus on giving me a reason to care and I miss those young naive days when it comes to being entertained.

Actually I feel l stopped being able to care once the whole Benoit thing took place, I was betrayed by my hero.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So who actually watched WCW growing up? Here in the UK I never saw any WCW until 2000 where it was Booker T vs Jeff Jarrett at the top of the card as it was on one of our standard TV channels. Going back now and watching bits and pieces and full PPVs from the later eras like 1996-1998 I really wish it was more prominent over here as I grew up. Sure the main events are terrible and Hulk Hogan just wouldn't go away but my god the undercard stuff is just great and is a great contrast compared to WWF at the time.

I'm old now and in between married life and raising kids it still genuinely fun to watch American wrestling from the late 80's until '01. Everything after just isn't the same regardless of my age, there just seems to be less focus on giving me a reason to care and I miss those young naive days when it comes to being entertained.

Actually I feel l stopped being able to care once the whole Benoit thing took place, I was betrayed by my hero.

I did, and it's still really fun to watch. WCW is the best nostalgia for me, even moreso than WWF Golden Age stuff.

bjork

I did, from about 93 until it closed. Some good, some bad, and it was just nice to have another roster of dudes to watch. Up until then, I had only come across WWF and some episodes of AWA or something randomly. But every Monday night during the boom, I was usually there, switching back and forth between channels (until I started working overnight, then it was taping Raw and missing Nitro)

Alucard

Banned
Name WWE faces that WEREN'T portrayed as dicks on a semi-regular basis.

Hulk Hogan?
Rey Mysterio?
Bruno Sammartino?
Randy Savage?
Bret Hart?

Drawing twenty perverts is, WOH
Them homies taking creep shots is, WOH
Daizee Haze is scary skinny is, WOH
Remember when we had Sara Del Rey is, WOH

Uggh now I just remember WSU shows with like 130 people, lots of em pervin

And that Shimmer afterparty dance video is far too much cringe for me. And I say that as a super awkward fellow in groups!

The less creepin' the better

Sephzilla

Name WWE faces that WEREN'T portrayed as dicks on a semi-regular basis.

Hulk Hogan?
Rey Mysterio?
Bruno Sammartino?
Randy Savage?
Bret Hart?

Hogan wasn't a massive dick as a face?

#MachoWasRight

So apparently the list of potential opponents for Brock at Mania is:
-Rollins
-Reigns
-Rock
-Austin

yawn

only Austin is hype

Austin under no conditions should fight Brock. Brock's moveset would be way too rough on Steve.

Top Bottom