• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Aiii

So not worth it
What's this all about?

wohlogorotor.jpg

klonere

Banned
There is a 100% chance of Austin being at WM32 and a 0% chance beyond hitting a stunner to be doing anything in the ring and that is just fine.

jmdajr

After Sin Cara I have a lot more respect for Rey. He made it work in the ring with WWE style.

Mic wise. Yeah. Always kinda sucked.

And that's part of the issue. Not too many Eddie's around.

At least not in WWE country.

Sephzilla

Honestly the only person I'd want to see Austin wrestle, if he wanted to wrestle again, would be HHH. Hunter's moveset is pretty save on Austin's neck and HHH would take pretty good care of him (see: HHH did a decent job of keeping HBK safe when he came back). Plus there's the natural Austin vs Authority Character angle built in there.

Brock's moveset would fucking ruin Austin.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly the only person I'd want to see Austin wrestle, if he wanted to wrestle again, would be HHH. Hunter's moveset is pretty save on Austin's neck and HHH would take pretty good care of him (see: HHH did a decent job of keeping HBK safe when he came back). Plus there's the natural Austin vs Authority Character angle built in there.

Brock's moveset would fucking ruin Austin.

Austin will never wrestle again let it go let it go

Likely establishing a full women's division now

I wonder who they'll get. I only know of Veda/Mandy/Taeler that's there so far

Isn't ODB still around? Still not a huge roster though, but there's a good deal of talent out there for them to use. I just hope they make a proper go at it, rather than treating the "Women of Honor" as a bullet point.

Heel

-- WWE was looking at signing Rey or Alberto since they haven't been able to establish a Hispanic star but that's out for now.

WWE have been trying to establish a Hispanic star since they fired Alberto? Since when?

They tried to sign Henry Cejudo as "the next Rey Mysterio" last year.

bjork

How would you even bring Austin into a storyline? He's so pissed that he's going to come out of retirement to beat someone's ass. Why and who? Someone jumps him on his podcast?

These are good people though...

Need more than 3.

I'm assuming Amber Gallows gets booked for this, if she's not in Japan.
ODB probably.

That'd make sense. Maybe Maria?

Isn't ODB still around? Still not a huge roster though, but there's a good deal of talent out there for them to use. I just hope they make a proper go at it, rather than treating the "Women of Honor" as a bullet point.

I think they're going to make a real go of it. They've been testing it for a while. They should get more obscure talent.

Sephzilla

I would rather Austin not come back if he's only to be paired with his old classmates. There are enough videos to go back to for that.

It pretty much needs to be against one of his old classmates though. You know if he comes back to face Brock or someone younger people would complain that he's coming back to "steal someone elses spot" and "not put anyone over" (because Austin coming back just to lose would be stupid as fuck anyway)

Austin will never wrestle again let it go let it go

I'm just talking hypothetically

imBask

Banned
How would you even bring Austin into a storyline? He's so pissed that he's going to come out of retirement to beat someone's ass. Why and who? Someone jumps him on his podcast?

He can interrupt someone, hit him with a stunner and it would already be a better storyline than Ziggler vs Rusev

Anth0ny

they need to fill a 120k seat stadium

bringing back austin helps with that

as does pairing him with an opponent from the attitude era. or brock. there's more money in that than putting him with some midget from the current era.

austin has a bad neck but even he knows he has to pay those gimmicks they send in the mail called bills

Whatever happened to Shimmer? Did that dissolve once Sara Del Ray went to WWE?

Still going, but their taping/release schedule leaves a LOT to be desired (although it's the only way they can afford to fly-in so much talent). They're still only up to 2014 footage, last time I checked.

They could probably raid from that hot 100 list from a few pages back; it's not like Queens of Combat is so big that it could fend off an ROH talent raid.

Still going, but their taping/release schedule leaves a LOT to be desired (although it's the only way they can afford to fly-in so much talent). They're still only up to 2014 footage, last time I checked.

I think they know they can take their time with that. And editing on those takes a while.

They could probably raid from that hot 100 list from a few pages back; it's not like Queens of Combat is so big that it could fend off an ROH talent raid.

Just grab everybody from 100-60 since they're all mostly indy girls anyway. Nab some WSU girls, too, there's lots of talent out there.

Nothing about Austin/Lesnar makes me think dream match, but I'd be hyped for it and when Austin's name among the rest of those it easily is the one I'd take.

Worst case scenario is Rock.

bjork

Remember how Wrestlemania 12 was "about the wrestlers" because they didn't bring in any celebrities for timekeepers and whatnot? I'd like to see an Attitude Era-free Wrestlemania. Just once.

klonere

Banned

He comes back to fuck John Cena up for Cena ruining the stunner.

Ez pz.

Or he does a run in every time someone doesn't sell a DDT.

Coketruck

So who actually watched WCW growing up? Here in the UK I never saw any WCW until 2000 where it was Booker T vs Jeff Jarrett at the top of the card as it was on one of our standard TV channels. Going back now and watching bits and pieces and full PPVs from the later eras like 1996-1998 I really wish it was more prominent over here as I grew up. Sure the main events are terrible and Hulk Hogan just wouldn't go away but my god the undercard stuff is just great and is a great contrast compared to WWF at the time.

I'm old now and in between married life and raising kids it still genuinely fun to watch American wrestling from the late 80's until '01. Everything after just isn't the same regardless of my age, there just seems to be less focus on giving me a reason to care and I miss those young naive days when it comes to being entertained.

Actually I feel l stopped being able to care once the whole Benoit thing took place, I was betrayed by my hero.

The first wrestling I ever saw was watching WCW Saturday Night with my granddad in the late 80's/early 90's. I started watching WWF as well sometime in 1997 (thus missing the entire New Generation), but I always kept up with WCW. In fact, I went to the final Nitro (my hometown is about an hour away from Panama City Beach, where it was broadcast from). I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for anything WCW.

Sephzilla

Remember how Wrestlemania 12 was "about the wrestlers" because they didn't bring in any celebrities for timekeepers and whatnot? I'd like to see an Attitude Era-free Wrestlemania. Just once.

Honestly, WrestleMania 30 was pretty good about this. Austin, Hogan, and Rock were only there to talk. HHH wrestled, yes, but it wasn't a 'REMEMBER THE ATTITUDE ERA' wank fest like HHH vs Sting was. I don't count Taker as an Attitude Era reminder.

Anth0ny

Pretty sure Vince said the same thing about Mania 2000. they didn't need stars because "their wrestlers were the stars". honestly, in 2000, that was pretty true. wwf was fucking huge.

today, though, they can't sell out those massive stadiums without bringing back past stars, especially the mother fucking AT&T stadium. this number is going to beat the kayfabe mania 3 number, assuming they sell out.

I too would like to see a Mania devoid of part-timer match ups and half hour wank segments. FF's proposed idea would work for everyone, I feel. Book it.

I'm wondering if I should go to Dallas for Mania 32. It'd be fun, and my flight would be free.

But I want to go to Cyprus or some such on another trip too.

WrassleGAF decide!

bjork

Honestly, WrestleMania 30 was pretty good about this. Austin, Hogan, and Rock were only there to talk. HHH wrestled, yes, but it wasn't a 'REMEMBER THE ATTITUDE ERA' wank fest like HHH vs Sting was. I don't count Taker as an Attitude Era reminder.

I still kinda do, even though he predates that era by a bit. I get that it was a big time for wrestling and all that, but they need to let it go. HHH/Sting was a perfect example of why. I'd be okay with an UT match if it's a farewell match like JR has theorized about for awhile now. Then it's time to move on. We have new guys, these are our new guys, and we're going forward from here. Just not with Daniel Bryan because he breaks too easy.

Mania 30, the best Mania of all time, honestly.

VI

Pretty sure Vince said the same thing about Mania 2000. they didn't need stars because "their wrestlers were the stars". honestly, in 2000, that was pretty true. wwf was fucking huge.

today, though, they can't sell out those massive stadiums without bringing back past stars, especially the mother fucking AT&T stadium. this number is going to beat the kayfabe mania 3 number, assuming they sell out.

He had Ice-T at WM2000, with D-Lo or someone rapping with him. Maybe Vince didn't think of Ice-T as a star? :shrug:

Alucard

Banned
I wonder if the ROH fanbase will actually show respect to women's wrestling, or if it'll just be salivating neckbeards with Fight Steen Fight shirts.

Wrestlemania 17 is terrible besides TLC 2 and Austin VS Rock. I don't get why people love it, must be nostalgia.

My favorite is 4 or 31. Kinda partial to 31 because I was there though.

Top Bottom