• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

klonere

Banned
aEh0x2Y.gif

klonere

Banned
It took a few shows for me to warm up to them, but I really like their reviews. Definitely will give their new show a listen.

I'm happy they get to move on from TNA. Only so much material can be made from a constant shitshow with zero positives.

God that was great. As has been noted, Paul has had decent use of the mic and does well improvising here (him picking Vince up and moving him aside was hilarious).

and man, we're never going to have anyone who can cut a promo like Rock anytime soon are we? Jesus. So flipping good.

No, I doubt they are going to have a future Hollywood number 1 walk into the Performance Center anytime soon.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I can't be the only one who finds Jolly Kane hilarious.

They should have had him being a dick to Seth Rollins in the Jolly Kane persona (setting up shitty matches and such) a little longer before he went full evil.
KuGsj.gif

Cagey

Banned
I can't be the only one who finds Jolly Kane hilarious.

They should have had him being a dick to Seth Rollins in the Jolly Kane persona (setting up shitty matches and such) a little longer before he went full evil.
KuGsj.gif

Jolly Kane is the best. He has me rolling whenever he's on screen in that character. He's just... delightful.

Dollar Store Demon Cane is not the best. The gear looks worse than ever.

We can set our standards higher than someone with the Rock's mic skills. Are we ever going to get another Jake Roberts? A new Arn? A new Harley Race? A new Mick Foley? A new Billy Graham? A new Jesse Ventura? A new Dusty? A new Austin in his prime?

Answer: no, because the mentality and the environment necessary to breed such mic skills is dead and buried.

bjork

Big Show was SO awful on the mic back then. That's one place he's grown one-hundred fold.

He (along with Mark Henry) took over ten years to learn to deliver a promo.

He should've learned 3 or 4 things to repeat over and over like Rock did. People seem to eat that boring shit up.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I can't bring it in myself to care about a Wyatt family match no matter what it is. 2 years of seeing Wyatt randomly be in six-man tag matches 'n shit on Raw has kind of made that ship sail for me.

We can set our standards higher than someone with the Rock's mic skills. Are we ever going to get another Jake Roberts? A new Arn? Anew Harley Race? A new Mick Foley? A new Billy Graham? A new Jesse Ventura? A new Dusty? A new Austin in his prime?

Answer: no, because the mentality and the environment necessary to breed such mic skills is dead and buried.

I know you mean a wrestler, but...

paul-heyman-promo.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Data, what the hell is the slam button in THPS5?

So it's the same thing as the grind button but if you're in the air and there's nothing to grind right below you, it drops you to the ground instantly ending your combo.
c0yNM0J.gif

I uploaded it in action as it ruins my combo. It does htis ALL the time because the rail magnetization is shitty and they wisely put the combo ending button on the SAME BUTTON AS THE GRIND BUTTON

Anth0ny

Reminder Review an impact is over after this week.

Brian and nate have a new podcast called keeping it 100 next week. It's still on the LAW feed

they said on the law that this new show is going to tackle "themes", and the first theme will be "debuts".

sounds pretty interesting, I'll definitely check it out. I've heard only good things about brian and nate. never listened to a review an impact as I've never watch an impact, though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
they said on the law that this new show is going to tackle "themes", and the first theme will be "debuts".

sounds pretty interesting, I'll definitely check it out. I've heard only good things about brian and nate. never listened to a review an impact as I've never watch an impact, though.

I probably only watch Impact once or twice a month lately, and that's only because it's on its deathwatch. The last two years I watched maybe one or two Impacts TOTAL, but I never miss Review-An-IMPACT.

imBask

Banned
So it's the same thing as the grind button but if you're in the air and there's nothing to grind right below you, it drops you to the ground instantly ending your combo.
c0yNM0J.gif

I uploaded it in action as it ruins my combo. It does htis ALL the time because the rail magnetization is shitty and they wisely put the combo ending button on the SAME BUTTON AS THE GRIND BUTTON

please stop, I died a little inside reading your post

why do they have to do this to THPS

bjork

c0yNM0J.gif

holy shit

I can usually let things go in a game but that's ridiculous.

Hahaha Im glad I am not the only one that thought last night was one of the worst RAW's in maybe 6 months.

This morning I would hold a meeting with every writer the WWE has, and I would tear them a new one, and name a new head writer.

Recall

Let's find someone new and fresh, fuck the obsession with reliving the past. Fuck Russo too.

3 minute matches with a run in and a swerve every match isn't an improvement.

Has there been some rule (lol WWE and their "rules") change that allows someone to come out in the middle of a tag match and replace someone who has walked off? Oh and Charlotte with the crowd pandering... What a bunch of bleh. Also I want Paige to start just going around claiming things like "this is my horse" and "this is my hearse".

That pedigree spot was whatever that was supposed to be. Someday Kevin Dunn might learn to turn mics down and maybe certain workers will get better at not communicating so loudly. Bray/Roman is going to be in the "everybody talks" portion of Botchamania.

Maybe it's time to back carny speak, without Kizarny.

Raw need a reboot and WWE needs to clean house.

klonere

Banned
Let's find someone new and fresh, fuck the obsession with reliving the past. Fuck Russo too.

3 minute matches with a run in and a swerve every match isn't an improvement.

Weren't their light Russo chants during the Kane/Rollins long segment?

Good shit.

Fire all the writers.

Recall

The champ is a new guy and people here hate him

I think Owens, Rollins, Rusev, New Day and Cesaro are all incredible.

The writing and "storyline" ideas are terrible and have been for almost 10 years. Hell I remember during the peak period of WWE people still complained all the time too so as a community we are forever destined to just be a bunch of whining fools.

klonere

Banned
The champ is a new guy and people here hate him

As a Rollins fan, I don't blame anybody for not liking him. He's hilariously overexposed, is a shit, not compelling character, only incidentally has the title (Ambrose beat him clean on Smackdown last week) and is in a feud with Kane. That besides the whole girlfriend thing.

He's been given the shortest of the short straws.

c0yNM0J.gif

...WTF. That is ridiculous. What is the point to it?

RIP, THPS franchise. At least we still have the older games.

Anth0ny

it's not seth's fault that he's boring/weak/overexposed, it's the writers fault.

you can bet your ass that if brock wasn't part time, creative would fuck him up too.

if the nxt crew was booking raw right now everything would be awesome. it's really as simple as that. the system they have right now for the main roster shows is fucking insanity and the ratings show it.

bjork

if the nxt crew was booking raw right now everything would be awesome. it's really as simple as that.

I would like to see a couple weeks of this to see if it could actually be true. The problem now is, how do you undo all the things that have been done with these characters?

Top Bottom