• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Lol Paul E. Not that there was a thing that could be said that would actually hype Big Show v. Anyone.

Sometimes I wonder if JBL is actually present or they just have 40 prerecorded sound bytes that Vince presses as necessary.

6YVgwhP.jpg
Kane has his 36-inch dick inside.

Recall

I don't care about how a game looks, it doesn't define whether or not a game is good or fun to play.

THPS5 could have looked incredible and it wouldn't have made it any better to play.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The screenshots are fun to laugh at and all that, but the most important part is how a Tony Hawk Pro Skater game plays and feels.

It feels terrible. It feels like it's fighting against you. The slam button feels like the police button, stopping you from having too much fun and having too many combos. I always wondered what it would feel like to play the dollar store knockoff brand version of a game. One that's clearly ripping off another. This is it. Despite having the Tony Hawk license, this is the cheapo budget no-name company's knockoff of the popular Tony Hawk games. It just came out 15 years late.

Did I mention it's online only and will kick you out of single player sessions if you lose connection? In a single player session? because I feel I should mention that.

The screenshots are fun to laugh at and all that, but the most important part is how a Tony Hawk Pro Skater game plays and feels.

It feels terrible. It feels like it's fighting against you. The slam button feels like the police button, stopping you from having too much fun and having too many combos. I always wondered what it would feel like to play the dollar store knockoff brand version of a game. One that's clearly ripping off another. This is it. Despite having the Tony Hawk license, this is the cheapo budget no-name company's knockoff of the popular Tony Hawk games. It just came out 15 years late.

Did I mention it's online only and will kick you out of single player sessions if you lose connection? In a single player session? because I feel I should mention that.

It is a shame, I remember how much fun 3 was where you could do those insane combos that lasted like 3-4 minutes in places like Canada and LA. Going from 1080s to grinding to doing manuals and on and on.

Oh god, what the fuck am I reading

Aiii

So not worth it
Watching this NXT Panel on the Network and it seems they updated the video player, YOU CAN ACTUALLY SKIP TO A CERTAIN TIME POINT ON THE TIMELINE WITHOUT IT SKIPPING TO A RANDOM POINT BEFORE OR AFTER IT!!!

#Gamechanger

Finally!

Aiii

So not worth it
This NXT Panel man.

Give Triple H the reigns of WWE Creative already. Lock Vince in his office in Stamford or something, buy out Kevin Dunn and let this guy run the show, because whenever he talks about how he runs things in NXT its exactly the opposite of how main WWE is run. He's definitely a lot more connected to what audiences want then Vince is these days.

Fox318

I would love to know the current thought process in the WWE creative room.

"Ratings are low and ticket sales are dropping.... Lets double down on everything we are currently doing and not change anything. Heck lets retread a few old bad ideas and put Kane in the title picture for some reason "

I dont get it.

I only caught a few minutes of RAW around the hour marks though. Seems to be the only time something ever happens anymore so thats when I try tune in.
when Vince gets nervous he goes back to the big guys

bjork

I just watched a clip of Kane and Rollins from the end of Raw. Are they doing this right now because it's Halloween time and so they want some kind of a monster story?

Also, jealous of the dude in the crowd with the Owen 3:16 shirt. I always wanted that.

Aiii

So not worth it
Is this Saturday's show/ppv/WWE network exclusive a test? It feels weird.

No, they're running MSG and it's a traditional big house show, it never made sense to me they didn't record stuff like that for the Network. They did it for the big Japan show, too, and it was amazing.

So, Go Shiozaki says he wants to compete against his "good friend" Hiroshi Tanahashi, seems fairly obvious what he's angling for after leaving AJPW. Apparently what prompted him to leave was losing the Triple Crown and being told that Miyahara's the ace Akiyama wants to build around, not Shiozaki.

Bizazedo

http://wnep.com/2015/09/28/former-pro-wrestler-arrested-in-carbon-county/

News said:
CARBON COUNTY — A former professional wrestler with WWE was arrested late last week for failing to appear in Carbon County court for a driving under the influence charge.

According to court documents, Tamara Sytch, known as “Sunny”, received three DUI’s between May and June of this year.

Well, at least she already has a method for us to donate for her bail / legal defense. :(. Poor Sunny, was actually pulling for her.

Recall

So, Go Shiozaki says he wants to compete against his "good friend" Hiroshi Tanahashi, seems fairly obvious what he's angling for after leaving AJPW. Apparently what prompted him to leave was losing the Triple Crown and being told that Miyahara's the ace Akiyama wants to build around, not Shiozaki.

Which promotion is considered number 2 in Japan behind NJPW these days?

I remember AJPW being crippled with the NOAH exodus and NOAH taking strong hold of that number 2 spot where AJPW sank really low with Toryumon/Dragon Gate cementing a solid third place.

When Misawa passed away the vanguard seemed to change again with the promotions though I never kept up with the changing landscape.

I remember AJPW being crippled with the NOAH exodus and NOAH taking strong hold of that number 2 spot where AJPW sank really low with Toryumon/Dragon Gate cementing a solid third place.

When Misawa passed away the vanguard seemed to change again with the promotions though I never kept up with the changing landscape.

Dragon Gate, which no one ever seems to think about.

klonere

Banned

Makes a lot of sense. I know Akebono is somewhat famous and a "special attraction" but honestly I could never get into any of his matches. He genuinely looks like he's gonna die and is of course super super slow. And Miyahara is the biggest tryhard I've seen. None of his fireup spots look....good. Or real. And his look sucks. That's just me though.

I do hope we get to see Shiozaki somewhere big though, really really like the guy.

Browny

Banned
Seriously, why are there impromptu 6 man tags almost every week?

This show just started and I'm already tired of it.

Don't hate the playa...

DXiaB.gif

uYYYz.gif

(I completely agree - more than anything else, it's a waste of a match that they could do on a following show, which would be showing planning, continuity and a storyline...)

Great, another guy to plug into NJPW's main event scene instead of my fave three.

Most would likely consider it to be Dragon Gate, they have a distinct enough style from NJPW to remain relevant, and have been continuing to pull in steady to sellout crowds for their shows at Kobe World Hall and Korakuen. I know they also run Sumo Hall occasionally (or at least in the past) but Boots would have to tell me how well they do there.

AJPW got a boost when the got purchased by Speed Partners, but when they booted Mutoh it caused the second exodus when he took half the roster to form Wrestle-1. AJPW has slight potential going forward with some decent talent, the problem is most are freelancers, and losing a main eventer in Shiozaki is a huge blow. As for Wrestle-1, it's a Mutoh vanity project, but man, I love me some Jun Kasai.

NOAH is essentially a subsidiary of NJPW at this point. Super Crazy confirmed in an interview that money is coming in from them and Jado has taken over the booking, not to mention Suzuki-gun is over there and Nagata and Nakanishi regularly compete over there, so while money is coming in indirectly from Bushiroad and they don't own it, they still, well, basically own it.

And back in the early 2000's, NOAH didn't just become #2, they became #1, but that's because Choshu took over the booking of NJPW and did some horrible things at Inoki's behest, like bringing in a bunch of MMA guys who were big in Japan but had no idea how to work a wrestling match like Josh Barnett and Bob Sapp, all because of STRONG STYLE SPIRIT or some shit. Much like it seems Vince McMahon would rather be a boxing promoter, Inoki would rather be an MMA promoter...and he is with IGF, which has the biggest identity crisis of any promotion I've ever seen. Also Inoki was apparently good friends with Saddam Hussein and Kim Jong Il before their deaths and recently did another show in North Korea for Kim Jong Un. Oh yeah, and during an IGF show, he once beat up a guy who had a poster of the NJPW/AJPW/NOAH "All Together" event held in 2011 with all proceeds going to charity for survivors of the recent earthquake in Japan. Yes, he got pissy over his company, which I remind you, is barely a wrestling company at this point, being left out of a show for CHARITY. Oh yeah, and he ran a competing show at the same time, for profit, at Sumo Hall. All Together was a huge success, and Inoki's event bombed. In short, Inoki is a piece of shit, is completely insane, and the world will be a better place when IGF folds and he finally retires.

Meanwhile, NOAH had all the good AJPW talent so they had guys who may have been past their prime but they could still draw (Himself, Kobashi, Taue, Takayama), guys just coming into their prime (Akiyama, Rikioh, I hate to say it but Ogawa), and guys who were ready to become stars (Morishima, Sugiura, KENTA, Marufuji). The problem again came to booking. Misawa couldn't trust anybody else other than the established stars to run things, so whenever attendance went down, he quickly got the belt off of them and put it on one of his guys, or worse, himself. He was arguably working so hard of a schedule that it led to his eventual death.

klonere

Banned
Yeah I'm done. I barely got through the New Day segment. I skipped everything else. Even Heyman. Who cares? Rollins is fighting fucking Kane.

I'll always have this at least.

Rollins-Spin.gif

The NXT All-Star panel was more depressing than anything. Dusty sounded so important and everyone on the main roster is getting absolute garbage from creative. I don't understand how you can fuck up such talented, hard-working people.

Fire all the writers.

bjork

imBask

Banned
New Day! ++
Miz TV -
Divas Cringelution segment --
Big Show vs Mark Henry ------
Kane on the screen - closed it

how do you expect people to stay tuned with such a shitty lineup?

Top Bottom