• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

imBask

Banned
seriously, if Brock doesn't have 2 matches a week against Taker for a month before the PPV, how am I supposed to understand the storyline?

Caderfix

Funnily enough, I'm not viewing it as CM Punk vs anyone, I'm viewing it as Dana White vs Expectations. He has to carefully toe the line where Punk doesn't get beat, but the fight doesn't look like a gimme.

However there's always a dipshit out there, see people betting on Correia over Rousey

I don't think anyone that got a contract with UFC due to their abilities and MMA background would lose to Punk, unless the fight is bought. I might be proved wrong though, who knows.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think anyone that got a contract with UFC due to their abilities and MMA background would lose to Punk, unless the fight is bought. I might be proved wrong though, who knows.

And there's always that possibility...

Verendus

Banned
seriously, if Brock doesn't have 2 matches a week against Taker for a month before the PPV, how am I supposed to understand the storyline?
Shut up imbask!

I want more Heyman exposing Undertaker promos while Barack stands by his side. Don't try to deny me what I deserve.

imBask

Banned
Punk is gonna win his first fight guys

i'm serious, i'll bet anyone here a $10 game on steam

Shut up imbask!

I want more Heyman exposing Undertaker promos while Barack stands by his side. Don't try to deny me what I deserve.

sorry pal, no time to fit Heyman in that tight schedule!

I just googled Raw and apparently no Barack on Raw this week. When is the HellCell program starting? I think it's about time.

This Saturday, from Madison Square Garden in New York City, live only on the WWE Network: Undertaker will make Brock suffer the greatest humiliation - losing to Big Show.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Don't make the bet Sunny.

You know UFC is going to throw their equivalent to Glass Joe against Punk.

I know, but I also know Punk isn't any better than Von Kaiser. So it could be two of them.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wonder how them other young UFC guys feel about t his part timer getting to take all the time he needs before his match and still doing getting paid to do press and interviews for the company

Don't make the bet Sunny.

You know UFC is going to throw their equivalent to Glass Joe against Punk.

They'll have him fight the guy who kicked Dave Batista's ass.

1.gif

Caderfix

Wonder how them other young UFC guys feel about t his part timer getting to take all the time he needs before his match and still doing getting paid to do press and interviews for the company

I think I have an idea after Nate Diaz interview about Punk in UFC. Nate Diaz doesn't sound credible and I'm not a fan of his at all, but the way he sees this situation is actually spot on imo

Menome

So...that was the ending to RAW this week, huh?

After a great start to the night, it all just ended up limping worse than Kane.

somedevil

Here is Preliminary Summerslam buyrate:

150-200,000 bought Summerslam and 76,000 bought Battleground.

So it seems Brock is a draw for people to bye the pay per views for Normal Price and not 9.99.

Plus as for the Ratings:

8pm: 3.476
9pm: 3.326
10pm: 3.188

Avg: 3.33

Ouch at the 3rd hour.

Sephzilla

So it seems Brock is a draw for people to bye the pay per views for Normal Price and not 9.99.

Plus as for the Ratings:

Ouch at the 3rd hour.

more popular and more advertised PPV outdraws smaller PPV nobody gives a shit about

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Plus as for the Ratings:

Ouch at the 3rd hour.

I mean, they're not selling anything interesting happening in the third hour...what do you think they expect?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Batista won that one though. But, yeah, seeing a brick house like Batista being beaten the whole time and winning in a... not convincing way (I'm being generous), was weird

Wait'll you see a skinny fatass like Punk, who actually lost almost all his muscle mass, stand up to a worthless cunt fighter.

somedevil

more popular and more advertised PPV outdraws smaller PPV nobody gives a shit about

I meant that Brock was on Battleground and it drew the highest buys for a B show. So when he wrestles on pay per views people are interested in his matches.

I wonder if Sting will have that affect.

Verendus

Banned
I remember Summerslam because I've been counting how many times Undertaker has kicked Barack in the dick.

Dick Kick 1 was at Battleground.
Dick Kick 2 was at Summerslam.
Dick Kick 3 will likely be at HellCell.

The trilogy will be complete.

I meant that Brock was on Battleground and it drew the highest buys for a B show. So when he wrestles on pay per views people are interested in his matches.

I wonder if Sting will have that affect.

Probably not, he didn't spike the ratings, sad truth is this was all 15 years too late.

Top Bottom