• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Sephzilla

Avatar and Avengers 2 already proved that.

I've honestly seen people to this day defend Avatar

in 2015

Avatar is a legitimately well put together movie. The only issues it really has are telling a story we've all seen told a million times already & Sam Worthington. I find it boring because of its predictability, but I wouldn't call it trash.

Jurassic World, however, was one of the dumbest movies I've seen in a while.

imBask

Banned
Batman vs Superman is going to be a box office success, while simultaneously proving even the stupidest trashiest worst movies of all time can sucker in millions of people

no, that's every Adam Sandler movie ever

481267138-actor-adam-sandler-attends-the-pixels-new-gettyimages.jpg

klonere

Banned
So why isn't BOLA a digital download again? The chances of me buying a DVD online are slim to none.

It's not like there isn't digital "copies" of it out there already.

Sephzilla

I don't even know if Avengers 2 is a movie.

It's just a giant expensive toy commercial

Avengers 2 is Avengers 1 jammed with extra Joss Whedon salt because Whedon couldn't grasp why Marvel wouldn't give him complete creative control over MCU Movie #10 and pretend continuity didn't exist. Whedon basically
handwaving away Shield's collapse in Winter Soldier and going LOL HELLICARRIER SEE WE STILL HAVE SHIELD
was some eye-rolling typical Whedon bullshit.

World...Jurassic World. Park is GOAT alongside Ghostbusters.

Quickly, change it now.

FUCK

Fixed

Sephzilla

¡HarlequinPanic!;180282806 said:
ITT: wrasslin' fans having difficulty grasping that tentpole action movies can be kinda braindead.

It's hard to look at stuff like Avengers 2, Man of Steel, and Jurassic World and not view them as brain dead when compared to the glory that was Mad Max Fury Road or basically anything James Cameron made in the 80s and 90s

Sephzilla

My only memory, and this is coming from a huge Avengers 1 fan, about the second Avengers movie was when Quicksilver got shot dead. This was also the moment at which I laughed in the theatre. The juxtaposition of one Quicksilver redirecting bullets in one movie and the other being killed by them was hilarious to me.

Days of Future Past Quicksilver is overrated as fuck though because he's comically OP for the sake of having one flashy scene. Quicksilver sits there and watches all of that Magneto shit on TV when he could run down to DC and save everyone in the blink of an eye.

Sephzilla

Guardians of the Galaxy honestly has some pacing issues but it's still fun. The top three for Marvel are Iron Man 1, Winter Soldier, and Ant Man

jmdajr

I think The Waterboy is the only movie I ever saw drunk.

Still funny sober! Real star? Kathy Bates. Really put the movie over on her back.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Can we talk about wrestling?

How did you feel about Tatanka when he was around? Did you like him, or hate him? Did his weird heel run seem completely WRONG to you as well? It sure did to me.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Tatanka was worse than Lex Luger.

That says it all.

Assuming you're referring to Lex during his Narcissist phase (the best gimmick he ever had imho) - which sure. Sure. I'm on board with that.

As a lame early 90s character though I think he was a good fit. I don't think he's ever had an excellent match, now that I think about it.

jmdajr

absolutely!

In short, Bryan is a mark. Always has been.

That shouldn’t surprise anyone. Bryan is from an era where the smart people buy tickets, and the marks are in the ring.

But the smart people aren’t so smart. Mostly, they just ruin shows.

guess the wrestling columnist!

OctoMan

Banned
Reminder that bitch ass cm punk still hasn't scheduled a ufc match. I remember initial reports last year had it pegged for July but his slow ass is way, way behind schedule to even fight the biggest of cans.

Heel

How did you feel about Tatanka when he was around? Did you like him, or hate him? Did his weird heel run seem completely WRONG to you as well? It sure did to me.

For some reason my biggest memory of Tatanka is when he got his hair clipped. Funny, because now doing a Google search, it doesn't seem to be a very big plot point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkzb2o33GKA

I want to say he lost some of his power on some Samson shit, but I can't say for sure.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
For some reason my biggest memory of Tatanka is when he got his hair clipped. Funny, because now doing a Google search, it doesn't seem to be a very big plot point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkzb2o33GKA

I want to say he lost some of his power on some Samson shit, but I can't say for sure.

Weirdly he had an undefeated streak for a while, yet somehow I didn't remember it at ALL.

I can't think of his hair being other than what it was, too.

Do you all remember hearing the story in like 2002 when he was going to come back and he had ideas for his character and he showed up with a

3.5 INCH DISK

WITH WORDPERFECT FILES ON IT

Caderfix

Reminder that bitch ass cm punk still hasn't scheduled a ufc match. I remember initial reports last year had it pegged for July but his slow ass is way, way behind schedule to even fight the biggest of cans.

I honestely cringe at the idea of seeing punk start his UFC carreer at the age of 36 without even having a solid competitive fighting background. He'll job to UFC's lowest ranked guy.

no doubt dealing with an emotionally distressed wife now that her record has been broken

they're rushing into some vanity horror movie production as a reaction to Nikki's dominance and now his UFC career will pay the price

Sephzilla

Weirdly he had an undefeated streak for a while, yet somehow I didn't remember it at ALL.

I can't think of his hair being other than what it was, too.

Do you all remember hearing the story in like 2002 when he was going to come back and he had ideas for his character and he showed up with a

3.5 INCH DISK

WITH WORDPERFECT FILES ON IT

TJj1DVs.gif

His pitch ended the movie with Superman acting like Superman. That's already a massive upgrade to the Snyderverse.

Also, Batman vs Superman looks like ass

It ended with him acting like Superman, but the majority of it is him acting like a tool

Literally, he's a fucking tool for Luthor. And don't even get me started on the "I'm quitting the Daily Planet/Lois/my life to live like a sad hermit because I'm broken" shit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I honestely cringe at the idea of seeing punk start his UFC carreer at the age of 36 without even having a solid competitive fighting background. He'll job to UFC's lowest ranked guy.

Funnily enough, I'm not viewing it as CM Punk vs anyone, I'm viewing it as Dana White vs Expectations. He has to carefully toe the line where Punk doesn't get beat, but the fight doesn't look like a gimme.

However there's always a dipshit out there, see people betting on Correia over Rousey

Sephzilla

I still think the collective salt that will come from WrassleGAF if Punk wins his first match is going to be amazing

It ended with him acting like Superman, but the majority of it is him acting like a tool

Literally, he's a fucking tool for Luthor. And don't even get me started on the "I'm quitting the Daily Planet/Lois/my life to live like a sad hermit because I'm broken" shit.

The hermit shit was dumb, yeah. But Superman being a tool for Luthor is totally a thing that's happened before and it's a legitimately good way to bring in Luthor
. Also I'd rather have Superman acting like a tool than making out with Lois Lane on the grave of hundreds of thousands of Metropolis citizens

Max Landis's story ideas, ladies and gentlemen.

OH SHIT I accidentally proved one of my earlier points again

Top Bottom