• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Gonzalez

Banned
Introduce American to PROGRESS, 1st question:

"Can you explain the "geeze" thing to me? Is it British slang for something?"

FxGoXNH.gif
I think he might have been a Fire Pro Club regular.

I will have to catch up. is she getting better week to week, or is it too early to tell.

well, she forgot to kick out of a pin this week, lmao. I guess technically she's getting better, but she's still really stiff and robotic in the ring. She probably will improve more, but we'll have to see when the next shows from the more recent tapings come out.

I will have to catch up. is she getting better week to week, or is it too early to tell.

She's clearly much better than she was before she was in NXT. It's very evident that she's put in a ton of work, and is in the best place in the world for her to learn to get better. Which is why the Full Sail crowds are such pieces of shit for ragging on her. NXT is a place to learn and get better. She's there to learn and get better. LET her learn and get better. They treat her like she should be a 15 year vet or some shit.

RBH

I think he might have been a Fire Pro Club regular.

You need to ask a mod to change the title of your Jimmy Snuka thread. It's not getting enough attention from the lapsed fan section of GAF, to show them how carny this business is! :(

jmdajr

She's clearly much better than she was before she was in NXT. It's very evident that she's put in a ton of work, and is in the best place in the world for her to learn to get better. Which is why the Full Sail crowds are such pieces of shit for ragging on her. NXT is a place to learn and get better. She's there to learn and get better. LET her learn and get better. They treat her like she should be a 15 year vet or some shit.
If she can handle the heat there she'll be fine.

That tough love.

If she can handle the heat there she'll be fine.

That tough love.

It's tough hate and holding her to a standard they didn't hold the other women to, because she's a "fake reality bitch" or isn't deserving enough or whatever dumb shit reason they come up to be mad because hatred for her became an internet meme like it did with Batista and Roman.

klonere

Banned

All I'm hearing is a heel getting boo'd and negative chants.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
anyone remember which match this is? Thats some amazing overselling by Rocky

KAFAOSQ.gif

I heard they are giving insane amounts of heat. I hope she doesn't take it personally, and just works hard.

I will watch the matches tonight. I just know shes emotional, and I hope she doesn't get down on herself.

Didn't know WWE had so many illiterates signed on the roster, guess I shouldn't have been surprised.

it's jif you troglodytes

The funny part about your Dean comment is that it's probably not far from the truth. The guy has a twitter with like one retweet on it, and it's his official twitter too. He doesn't seem to touch any social media. Which probably explains why WWE doesn't bother with his shit.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Eva Marie: Ultra-violent Icon should be a thing. Have her talk about how you can't have revolution without a little bloodshed and give her a brawling style. Introduce light tube and thumbtack spots to the Full Sail Zone.

Let her and Kana throw bombs at each other then team up to break every other women's face open

#allredeverything
It wouldn't work because she hasn't paid her dues doing high spots in highschool gyms in front of crowds of 20.

The funny part about your Dean comment is that it's probably not far from the truth. The guy has a twitter with like one retweet on it, and it's his official twitter too. He doesn't seem to touch any social media. Which probably explains why WWE doesn't bother with his shit.

Probably because he grew up super poor and dropped out of highschool

Prompto

Banned
He used to tweet a bunch but then deleted all of his tweets after that whole Mick Foley feud/match didnt happen.

somedevil

He used to tweet a bunch but then deleted all of his tweets after that whole Mick Foley feud/match didnt happen.

I believe all the tweets were for the upcoming feud that didn't happen because Mick did not clear the medical exam.

This is what he said in a interview about Social Media:

I try not to, there’s a whole world of weirdos out there — and lots of great fans, too.

“But I try to keep myself pretty closed off from the world because there’s some weird stuff out there, man. Some (weird) stuff. And I was doing some weird stuff before all that (social media) became weird stuff.”

JavyOO7

I hope Eva Marie continues to improve. She just has to keep at it for the next 2-3 years and hone her craft. I think she'll be alright, even if Full Sail doesn't go along with it, and you gotta give another raise to the fine people at the performance center for helping her get to where may be in the future.

She played it real safe when I went to NXT at WBP. A few strikes, few head locks here and there, and she let Leena be the imposing figure and wreck Jessie and Cassie.

Not sure it was posted (Bootaay probably did) but NJPW held the official press conference for DESTRUCTION's main events, Nakamura vs. Goto and Ibushi vs. Makabe.

Interestingly enough, both Nakamura and Goto said that after they win the title, they both want a shot at Okada to unify the IWGP title with the IC title, since both beat him in the G1. Not shocking from Goto, but surprising from Nakamura since he and Okada are bros. Of course, they will both have to wait until 2016 for their shots, after AJ gets his at KOPW and Tanahashi gets his at WK10.

Meanwhile, Makabe said he had nothing against Ibushi, but he wants to overcome his G1 losses. Interestingly enough, Shibata ALSO beat Makabe...I've been saying that a NEVER title run would be perfect for Shibata, as it would bring back the original purpose of the title as being for younger talent and freelancers (despite Ibushi only being a semi-freelancer). Plus, Ibushi vs. Shibata at WK10? HNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG....

Not sure it was posted (Bootaay probably did) but NJPW held the official press conference for DESTRUCTION's main events, Nakamura vs. Goto and Ibushi vs. Makabe.

Interestingly enough, both Nakamura and Goto said that after they win the title, they both want a shot at Okada to unify the IWGP title with the IC title, since both beat him in the G1. Not shocking from Goto, but surprising from Nakamura since he and Okada are bros. Of course, they will both have to wait until 2016 for their shots, after AJ gets his at KOPW and Tanahashi gets his at WK10.

Meanwhile, Makabe said he had nothing against Ibushi, but he wants to overcome his G1 losses. Interestingly enough, Shibata ALSO beat Makabe...I've been saying that a NEVER title run would be perfect for Shibata, as it would bring back the original purpose of the title as being for younger talent and freelancers (despite Ibushi only being a semi-freelancer). Plus, Ibushi vs. Shibata at WK10? HNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG....

This all tells me that NJPW has the stalest booking in the world. How many times can they get away with running the same 3-5 matches?

Valentus

If its bad for a wrestler getting a jobber entrance in RAW or SD!, what you should think when you get a jobber entrance in NXT? Packing up and go home?

ghostmind

Not sure if this was mentioned earlier either - Yujiro is out for at least the upcoming tour with a neck injury.

RP912

Banned
I'm sorry but Goto has got to be the most boring wrestler in the world. His theme is meh, his style is ancient, and his matches are little to be desired. Even his Naka match was ok at best. Dude needs the Naito treatment.

Kevin Owens mentioning other superstars and fans making fun of his "body type" on Smackdown. Can't we just let the guy be an ass kicker without bringing his shape into this?

somedevil

So Owens is going to feud with Ryback next.

So the night of Champions card possibility could be:

Sting vs Rollins
Cena vs Rollins
New Day vs Dudley Boyz vs PTP
Lucha Dragons and Neville vs Stardust and Ascension
Ryback vs Owens
Nikki vs Charlotte

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Sting vs Rollins
Cena vs Rollins
Ryback vs Owens
Nikki vs Charlotte

Honestly, good card. Good card.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hahaha well that is true, but I am hoping it wasn't his idea. Although that would be amazing if he went into the writers room and pitched that.

The best way to deal with being a chunk is to own it. Dempsey did it and it was nearly instant how it worked in his favor. Hopefully Owens is as good as Dempsey in that regard, but I don't think he will approach it the same way.

Sting vs Rollins
Cena vs Rollins
Ryback vs Owens
Nikki vs Charlotte

Poor Cesaro..They make him lose to Owens Twice and then hope we forget about him.

Top Bottom