• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Should have been a PSA to not get drunk and show your dick to hotel staff

bigshowmug1.jpg

Not sure it was posted (Bootaay probably did) but NJPW held the official press conference for DESTRUCTION's main events, Nakamura vs. Goto and Ibushi vs. Makabe.

Interestingly enough, both Nakamura and Goto said that after they win the title, they both want a shot at Okada to unify the IWGP title with the IC title, since both beat him in the G1. Not shocking from Goto, but surprising from Nakamura since he and Okada are bros. Of course, they will both have to wait until 2016 for their shots, after AJ gets his at KOPW and Tanahashi gets his at WK10.

Meanwhile, Makabe said he had nothing against Ibushi, but he wants to overcome his G1 losses. Interestingly enough, Shibata ALSO beat Makabe...I've been saying that a NEVER title run would be perfect for Shibata, as it would bring back the original purpose of the title as being for younger talent and freelancers (despite Ibushi only being a semi-freelancer). Plus, Ibushi vs. Shibata at WK10? HNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG....

Yasssss, Okada/Nakamura at WK possibility not dead yet

Rusev/Zigger is the new Miz / Mizdow

The second they end that storyline both guys will go back to the undercard for a few months.

Lana though has it made. Could see them somehow making her a GM figure or something like that next time Triple H decides he wants to not appear on TV for a while.

Rusev/Zigger is the new Miz / Mizdow

The second they end that storyline both guys will go back to the undercard for a few months.

Lana though has it made. Could see them somehow making her a GM figure or something like that next time Triple H decides he wants to not appear on TV for a while.

Lana is the new Stacy. Once she finds a better option, she's outta here. Gone. Never looking back. Rusev will be cuck'd in real life because of Hollywood.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Being able to sell toys to people for a movie that isn't even out yet.

That is the kind of fanaticism that all would aspire to be able to profit from.

This all tells me that NJPW has the stalest booking in the world. How many times can they get away with running the same 3-5 matches?

As someone who pays only the slightest of attention to NJPW, even I have to agree. It seems like NJPW is in a precarious place where they are making money off of a few individual big stars, not off of the actual strength of their business. It's the same position WWE has been in with John Cena for quite a while, and it's toxic to interesting booking to have so much money tied up in one or a few people.

LycanXIII

If its bad for a wrestler getting a jobber entrance in RAW or SD!, what you should think when you get a jobber entrance in NXT? Packing up and go home?

Nah, those are the talents that they recently signed and aren't ready for weekly/biweekly televised matches.

Kevin Owens mentioning other superstars and fans making fun of his "body type" on Smackdown. Can't we just let the guy be an ass kicker without bringing his shape into this?

Even the much vaunted Arn Anderson cut promos on the reg about being able to knock your dick in the dirt despite not looking like Lex or Sting. Having KO knock the shit out of Cesaro so often despite their body differences and not mentioning it is crazy.

Damn, Gable has a lot going for him.

Shame he's so small. I personally don't care, as I always totally bought Bryan being able to beat the shit out of guys with pure skill, for example, but the reality is the top guys at WWE do and will care.

Jason Jordan has potential to be a real star, though. Great look, good wrestler.

Hkzt4fb.png

What's going on with that leg?

It looks like Torrie's anorexia issues have cropped back up. I hope she's just really into working out right now instead. That'd be really sad if she was able to be on TV for years as a healthy, athletic woman and then her eating issues popped back up years after she was out of the public eye.

Aiii

So not worth it
Being able to sell toys to people for a movie that isn't even out yet.

That is the kind of fanaticism that all would aspire to be able to profit from.

I'd agree, but there's a Millenium Falcon Quadcopter now.

And it's a fucking Millenium Falcon that actually flies and it's the best thing ever and I must have it.

Saw some Guy wearing a Rome shirt today working as security. Looked at him and SMH. If it was a Lucha shirt I would of brofist him.

Top Bottom