• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

jmdajr

How is eva in Nxt cause that gif makes it seems that she is really bad.

She forgot to kick out of the pinfall. Ref had to stop.

This is HHH in the back.

kid.gif

NoRéN

Grandia series, they even made a dungeon crawler focused on battle for the PS2 (Xtreme) and I fuckin' loved it. Fuck, let's Fave Five it.

5. Final Fantasy X - simple yet elegant. No surprises. I liked it.
4. Front Mission 4 - Loved the hell out of it
3. The World Ends With You - Innovative as fuck. Two HUGE layers. So good.
2. Resonance of Fate - If you figure it out, you fall in love. Complicated and stupidly rewarding.
1. Grandia series - the GOAT
Lists!!!

5. Final Fantasy VII - my introduction to final fantasy
4. Final Fantasy X - grid system was fun
3. Final Fantasy Tactics - job system was great and also had a great story.
2. Final Fantasy VIII - music, story, GFs, and Triple Triad!!!
1. Chrono Cross - music, story, everything! Loved everything about it. Also, the music!

Aiii

So not worth it
¡HarlequinPanic!;177477095 said:
Aiii's Eva Marie defense was just gimmick posting all along? shame!!! :[

NO! Ref botch, totally.

She forgot to kick out of the pinfall. Ref had to stop.

This is HHH in the back.

kid.gif

Ref had to make the count, legit. It's WWE policy for the ref to count the pinfall if a wrestler doesn't kick out when he's supposed to. That's why the Becky Lynch botch looks less bad, because the ref counted and called the match. Might suck for the person that was supposed to get the win, but for the show, it's the better option. Stupid NXT ref.

Gonzalez

Banned
Hey, anybody else want to join in on a Cuban wrestling school scam when things get even better between the U.S., and Cuba? You don't even need a Pro Wrestling background. We'll just have to spend hours watching "Exposed! Pro Wrestling's Greatest Secrets", until we got everything covered.

Valentus

I like your list, Sunny. I respect all of those choices. I'll fav five mine!

5- Super Mario RPG (It's really simple but still manages to be fun)
4- Final Fantasy X
3- Resonance of Fate (for the same reasons as Sunny)
2- Final Fantasy 7
1- Chrono Trigger

The sphere grid is the one thing about FFX's gamplay system that really sucks.

Koko B Ware is in the HOF before the Steiner Bros. Wrestling has already lost.

Great list. After all this years of playing jrpgs. My top 6 are:

6.- lufia & FOD : i know all like lufia 2 most, but man that intro... you star the game with the last battle.. my mind was blown as a child.

5.- persona 4 : battle system is really weak but this game has argubly the best cast in entire jrpg history. My favorite because superior waifu naoto.

4.- valkyrie profile: tri ace finest. Still waiting for hrist.

3.- final fantasy 12: not much to say about this one. Everybodies top 3 pick.

2.- dragon quest 8

1.- final fantasy 6 : still the king

Fox318

Ref had to make the count, legit. It's WWE policy for the ref to count the pinfall if a wrestler doesn't kick out when he's supposed to. That's why the Becky Lynch botch looks less bad, because the ref counted and called the match. Might suck for the person that was supposed to get the win, but for the show, it's the better option. Stupid NXT ref.

Crazy thing about the streak match was that the Ref didn't know the finish and he almost botched up the call.

Can you imagine being the ref that counted 3 for taker if the streak wasn't supposed to end?

jmdajr

Crazy thing about the streak match was that the Ref didn't know the finish and he almost botched up the call.

Can you imagine being the ref that counted 3 for taker if the streak wasn't supposed to end?

I think Taker would simply go...

"My bad."

Savitar

It's kind of unbelievable that some people complain and whine about Bret even longer than he ever complained and whined about the screw job.

Fox318

Yeah, the ref honestly should have just counted the 3. He ended up making both himself and Eva look worse.

Problem is they are feeding jobbers to Eva. If this was anyone else they would have built a program but they fuckin lover her.

That NXT show she was booed so loudly it's not even funny.

Great list. After all this years of playing jrpgs. My top 6 are:

6.- lufia & FOD : i know all like lufia 2 most, but man that intro... you star the game with the last battle.. my mind was blown as a child.

5.- persona 4 : battle system is really weak but this game has argubly the best cast in entire jrpg history. My favorite because superior waifu naoto.

4.- valkyrie profile: tri ace finest. Still waiting for hrist.

3.- final fantasy 12: not much to say about this one. Everybodies top 3 pick.

2.- dragon quest 8

1.- final fantasy 6 : still the king

I spit in the face of people who want FF6 to be cool.

Sephzilla

I don't think the ref would get heat for that. It would fall on the wrestlers for not kicking out.

I spit in the face of people who want FF6 to be cool.

As a die hard FF7 fanboy, FF6 is the pinnacle of the franchise

Zabka

NO! Ref botch, totally.

Did someone come out and say Becky was supposed to kick out? I was there and it looked like Dana was supposed to run in and break up the pin.

jmdajr

Building up Eva as a sex icon, when it's possible she's not even good at that.
Bah. Probably going to far on that one. Sorry.

She's in great shape so she's obviously competent enough in that departmemtn. It's just..holy shit.

Sarah Lee is probbaly gonna be better than her in 6months.

Barrage

It's 100 percent on that goober ref, yet Eva takes the vast majority of the heat. Disgusting.

Let's put it this way-Blue Pants wrestles in the most comfortable situation possible-the fans expect nothing of her, she never has to control a match, she just gets beat,makes the brief comeback and jobs in a situation in which the fans are perfectly fine with that.

And she sucks.

Eva wrestles in maybe the most difficult situation in the company-VENEMOUS booing,the kind reserved for Cena or Reigns,except that so far those boos-which are supposedly in reaction to a wrestler being booked too strongly-re against someone doing squash matches against jobbers in developmental. Every single spot she does is scrutinized to death and back. I wonder if Sasha or Charlotte's development would have went as smoothly if Fuck Sail was giving them an inquisition every fucking match?

Probably not. And she's STILL improving.

They push her because she's maybe the most beautiful diva they've ever had.If they can get her to Early 2010's Diva-level, she will be money in the bank.

Top 5 Battle Systems:

5. Chrono Trigger
4. Xenosaga Episode1
3. Earthbound
2. Fire Emblem Path Of Radiance
1. Final Fantasy Tactics

There is no place for Eva in today's current state of women's wrestling and where it's supposedly headed. Eva missed the boat, if she were around in 2007/8 she'd be perfect for the state of the women's division. But all or at least most of the women in NXT working their way up, are more than just looks.

Fox318

Building up Eva as a sex icon, when it's possible she's not even good at that.
Bah. Probably going to far on that one. Sorry.

She's in great shape so she's obviously competent enough in that departmemtn. It's just..holy shit.

Sarah Lee is probbaly gonna be better than her in 6months.

Honestly part of their problem is they over expose people and they get a rep.

Its why Reigns still gets booed even when he is nowhere near the title and he is losing.

They should package eva with a mask and change her wrestling name.

jmdajr

It's 100 percent on that goober ref, yet Eva takes the vast majority of the heat. Disgusting.

Let's put it this way-Blue Pants wrestles in the most comfortable situation possible-the fans expect nothing of her, she never has to control a match, she just gets beat,makes the brief comeback and jobs in a situation in which the fans are perfectly fine with that.

And she sucks.

Eva wrestles in maybe the most difficult situation in the company-VENEMOUS booing,the kind reserved for Cena or Reigns,except that so far those boos-which are supposedly in reaction to a wrestler being booked too strongly-re against someone doing squash matches against jobbers in developmental. Every single spot she does is scrutinized to death and back. I wonder if Sasha or Charlotte's development would have went as smoothly if Fuck Sail was giving them an inquisition every fucking match?

They push her because she's maybe the most beautiful diva they've ever had.If they can get her to Early 2010's Diva-level, she will be money in the bank.

Top 5 Battle Systems:

5. Chrono Trigger
4. Xenosaga Episode1
3. Earthbound
1. Final Fantasy Tactics

13_06072005rf_DivaWash_387_2.jpg

Fox318

And she sucks.

Top 5 Battle Systems:

5. Chrono Trigger
4. Xenosaga Episode1
3. Earthbound
1. Final Fantasy Tactics

But you know what if she can get over there she will be able to get over anywhere. All it takes is one good match or angle.

She needs a Austin style mania blade job reaction. Not that she should blade but prior to mania 13 Austin had never bladed so it was different and shocking for him and the era of wrestling they were in.

Sephzilla

But you know what if she can get over there she will be able to get over anywhere. All it takes is one good match or angle.

She needs a Austin style mania blade job reaction. Not that she should blade but prior to mania 13 Austin had never bladed so it was different and shocking for him and the era of wrestling they were in.

When was the last time a diva's match had a blade job?

Man God

Non-Canon Member

And she sucks.

Top 5 Battle Systems:

5. Chrono Trigger
4. Xenosaga Episode1
3. Earthbound
1. Final Fantasy Tactics

Path of What Now?

Fox318

When was the last time a diva's match had a blade job?

not a blade job but something to win over the crowd.

Either she ups the sexy up to Sable levels, somehow discovers a personality, or she works an amazing match or spot.

otherwise its just people booing because they don't like her sliced bread

Eva Marie: Ultra-violent Icon should be a thing. Have her talk about how you can't have revolution without a little bloodshed and give her a brawling style. Introduce light tube and thumbtack spots to the Full Sail Zone.

Let her and Kana throw bombs at each other then team up to break every other women's face open

#allredeverything

If WWE had debuted Eva Marie on NXT in 2013 they wouldn't have a problem, but of course they needed her for their reality show, so she was working on RAW in just her second match. The NXT fans won't ever take to her, no matter how much hard work she puts in, not because she isn't some 'indie darling' but because she isn't THEIRS.

Top Bottom