• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sequence |OT| Rhythm, Role-Playing, and Ronald Jenkees

tm24

I will donate later this week solely because it answered the long-running question i had about the song used as the intro to the BS report but was always too lazy to look up.

narcosis219 said:
Probably on easy mode.

C0MMMZNMZBGJMFPXG97EP870SF.png

Ryaaan14

Banned
My god what an addicting game...ugh. Game would be perfect if I could execute simultaneous commands on wasd and toggle panels using left and right arrows. :_(

Either way, gonna be playing this all night. Thanks again to Feep for the code.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Princess Skittles said:
This is hurting my brain. Without spoiling the achievement, can somebody explain this?
Could be a slight hint about the achievement, don't read if you want to figure it all out on your own.

People are playing the game with a bunch of different input options - controllers, dance pads, guitar controllers, kb/m, etc.

Ryaaan14 said:
My god what an addicting game...ugh. Game would be perfect if I could execute simultaneous commands on wasd and toggle panels using left and right arrows. :_(
You know you can remap the key bindings in options, right? :p

Feep

Banned
Ryaaan14 said:
Yeah, I guess this game is perfect ^^

Ryaaan14

Banned
I can't remap the "alternate" commands to the same key. If I get a simultaneous < and >, I can't hit A and D at the same time, it must be A and > or D and <

Unless I'm missing something else entirely.

Ryaaan14 said:
I can't remap the "alternate" commands to the same key. If I get a simultaneous < and >, I can't hit A and D at the same time, it must be A and > or D and <

Binding WASD, then switch panel left to < and switch panel > doesn't work? Once you map < and > they will be replaced with q and e by default. Now Q will be < and E will be >.

Ryaaan14

Banned
narcosis219 said:
Binding WASD, then switch panel left to < and switch panel > doesn't work? Once you map < and > they will be replaced with q and e by default. Now Q will be < and E will be >.
But I want to eliminate Q and E, and have < and > be my panel toggles, and ALL directional commands in battle to be used with WASD. It's completely understandable that this was put in place because you can't use < and > at the same time on a joystick, but on WASD I don't see why they can't be used.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Ryaaan14 said:

No, hitting A+D or <+> works, I played through the entire game using only the arrow keys for clearing gems and never touching WASD. The tutorial voice over mentioning that you needed to hit simultaneous directions using WASD/arrow keys separately was just held over from the 360 version, but it's not true.

Ryaaan14

Banned
ExMachina said:
No, hitting A+D or <+> works, I played through the entire game using only the arrow keys for clearing gems and never touching WASD. The tutorial voice over mentioning that you needed to hit simultaneous directions using WASD/arrow keys separately was just held over from the 360 version, but it's not true.
Oh...lol...well this is awkward...

Shaneus

nicerdicer said:
Congrats, I've heard nothing but good things about this game.
Wrong thread.

Hey Feep, what would the chances be of bringing something like this to iOS? I could see it working quite well, especially with the following scheme that I envisaged last night/this morning (though I can't remember if this covers all the in-game controls or not, I'm at work ATM):
.________________
|LT....................RT|
|...........................|
|MS...................MS|
|...........................|
|dpad.............dpad|

LT/RT to switch between the three fields (though swipe could be good), MS to scroll the magic (though again, scroll could work) and lower left-right corners could be virtual d-pads. Might not work, but I think it definitely could. It'd be well suited for iOS if you could get the controls right, I think!

Shaneus

Feep said:
So I think this is the first time since launch that there are no major bugs present.

Can I sleep now?
Right now, I can't play it anywhere except on my home computer. This is a problem, because I can't play it at work or on the train or anything. Major bug.

Fix it.

Inkwell

Banned
Finished the game today and loved it. I've done pretty much everything except getting some achievements. I might play through it again at the highest difficulty. That being said, I actually think my favorite part of the game was reading the item descriptions. I always tried to guess what the descriptions would be, but could never seem to guess any correctly.

Feep

Banned
Hawkian said:
Ah man, I'm definitely on easy. What a humbling recognition.
Are you past Floor 3? You can send me the savefile, and I can change the difficulty for you, if you want.

Holy fuck at 7th floor effect.
All the other ones were just minor inconveniences but the flipping of controls completely fucks my shit up when I try to cast complicated spells.

balddemon

Banned
Whenever I start the game, it freezes right after the Iridium Studios screen. The little popup that says the STeam Community is available freezes where it's at too. The only way I can close the program is by going into task manager and killing it from there. Solutions?

Feep

Banned
Sounds like you need to install the latest version of Windows Media Player on your machine, though a recent patch should have caught that error and told you about it...is your copy up to date?

Edit: Also, post the contents of errorlog.txt found at steam/steamapps/common/Sequence.

Inkwell said:
Finished the game today and loved it. I've done pretty much everything except getting some achievements. I might play through it again at the highest difficulty. That being said, I actually think my favorite part of the game was reading the item descriptions. I always tried to guess what the descriptions would be, but could never seem to guess any correctly.
I was pretty close when I got the "Straw Man" accessory

balddemon

Banned
Feep said:
Sounds like you need to install the latest version of Windows Media Player on your machine, though a recent patch should have caught that error and told you about it...is your copy up to date?

Edit: Also, post the contents of errorlog.txt found at steam/steamapps/common/Sequence.

I decided to restart my computer and the game decided to work. There wasn't an errorlog.txt btw. But it works now. Thanks.

Feep

Banned
Hey guys, I'm going live for an interview with RadioFreeGamer in, like, ten minutes. You can ask questions in the chat room here, and I'll answer them!

I mean, you can ask me questions in the thread, but you'll get to HEAR me answer them. Ky will answer your questions!

Edit: Over

Has anyone had trouble getting the game to launch? I love it so much, I think it is the best arcade type game this gen, but the last 2 days when ever I click on the game it pops up a window saying that steam is configuring the game and it never starts. I let it go for an hour yesterday, and I even tried clicking play from inside of steam but no luck.

Feep

Banned
.NET is certainly a long install process, but it shouldn't be THAT long.

I'd recommend uninstalling/reinstalling the game.

Hi Feep couple of quick questions.

I totally completed the game, including battling cyber Ky (which was awesome). However my Iris and Lies Within Lies achievments havent unlocked. Are they just glitched or do I still have something to do? I still have no clue what the description for Iris even means but I really dont see what else I can do.

Feep

Banned
yankeehater said:
Thanks for the idea, will I lose my save if I uninstall the game?
Nope!
bobs99 ... said:
Hi Feep couple of quick questions.

I totally completed the game, including battling cyber Ky (which was awesome). However my Iris and Lies Within Lies achievments havent unlocked. Are they just glitched or do I still have something to do? I still have no clue what the description for Iris even means but I really dont see what else I can do.
I'm pretty sure you need to
see the hidden ending scene after the credits
for Lies Within Lies. And for Iris...well, you haven't done enough for that, yet. I suggest searching the Steam forums for hints. = D

Feep said:
Nope!

I'm pretty sure you need to
see the hidden ending scene after the credits
for Lies Within Lies. And for Iris...well, you haven't done enough for that, yet. I suggest searching the Steam forums for hints. = D

Hmm, I have already seen the credits, but there was no secret scene afterwards. I even did the extra boss battle with cyber Ky afterwards which I thought was the hidden ending scene?

If its not considering I have already beaten the game how would I go back and view what im looking for? I did backup my savefile before the final battle. Should I go back and re-watch the credits? Did I somehow skip the achievment? Or is there something I need to do? Im not sure if it glitched on me or if I did something wrong.

As for Iris, thanks for the hint. That Steam thread really helped I would never have got it without that! Really cool achievement. :p

jett

D-Member
sheeeeit some of the requirements for unlocking spells are harder than boss battles. the slash spell is kicking my ass.

This game is really fun on hard mode, glad I changed the difficulty before beating floor 3.

coopolon

jett said:
sheeeeit some of the requirements for unlocking spells are harder than boss battles. the slash spell is kicking my ass.

This game is really fun on hard mode, glad I changed the difficulty before beating floor 3.

I'm on floor 2 collecting components and I'm starting to think I should change the difficulty too. I guess I can change it, then change it back if it's too hard.

Just completed the game 100% good work Feep I loved it. The Lies within Lies achievment and Iris achievment were puzzles in themselves lol.

Feep

Banned
bobs99 ... said:
Just completed the game 100% good work Feep I loved it. The Lies within Lies achievment and Iris achievment were puzzles in themselves lol.
I feel that achievements can be really fun, if they lead the gamer to places they might not have gone otherwise. Achievements for the sake of achievements are stupid.

Starting to think I should have done the hardest difficulty. I'm on floor... 5? 6? I think 5 right now and haven't lost a life or really gotten too close to dying even on Hard. I generally don't even bother defending my health very much, unless it's a glowing arrow, because I can out damage whoever I'm fighting enough I can hold them off, especially with a siphon spell. Very awesome game though.

Feep

Banned
New patch should be live now!

Patch notes:

- Gem speed modifiers (1x, 1.5x, 2x, 3x, 4x) have now been added to the options menu.
- Freeplay mode has now been implemented: go to any battle song in Bonus mode and hit the 1 key or Y button to play!
- An option to turn off spell particle effects has been added.
- Fixed an issue with Trigger Boost modifiers stacking incorrectly.
- Pressing cancel now works the same as pause on the "Learn Spells" screen.
- Fixed a rare rounding error when learning scrolls that would cause a player to fail a spell despite the display saying otherwise.
- The item "Radiance" can no longer be desynthed.
- Fixed a bug where hitting two spell hotkeys in the same frame would cause one of them to fail to activate.
- The achievement "Manafont" will now unlock correctly on Easy and Medium difficulties.
- The game will no longer respond to keyboard or mouse input if the window does not have focus.

Coming Monday:
- Save Slots! Wheeeeee!

TheExodu5

Banned
That's an awesome patch. Gem speed modifier. <3

Hey, just read you're a Computer Engineer! High-five! And your name is Jason! Double high-five!

Belfast

Feep said:
New patch should be live now!

Patch notes:

- Gem speed modifiers (1x, 1.5x, 2x, 3x, 4x) have now been added to the options menu.
- Freeplay mode has now been implemented: go to any battle song in Bonus mode and hit the 1 key or Y button to play!
- An option to turn off spell particle effects has been added.
- Fixed an issue with Trigger Boost modifiers stacking incorrectly.
- Pressing cancel now works the same as pause on the "Learn Spells" screen.
- Fixed a rare rounding error when learning scrolls that would cause a player to fail a spell despite the display saying otherwise.
- The item "Radiance" can no longer be desynthed.
- Fixed a bug where hitting two spell hotkeys in the same frame would cause one of them to fail to activate.
- The achievement "Manafont" will now unlock correctly on Easy and Medium difficulties.
- The game will no longer respond to keyboard or mouse input if the window does not have focus.

Coming Monday:
- Save Slots! Wheeeeee!

Oh goodness! Speed mods! I guess in theory that could make some things "easier" but I just prefer reading it that way.

Feep said:

c0Ftq.gif

Top Bottom