• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sequence |OT| Rhythm, Role-Playing, and Ronald Jenkees

Feep

Banned
You must have turned it off in the options menu. = (
jett said:
When I try to launch the game Steam tells me it's currently unavailable...zuh!?
I just submitted an update. This happens sometimes when Valve does weird stuff...give it a little bit, and then restart Steam/your computer.

jett

D-Member
Feep said:

I just submitted an update. This happens sometimes when Valve does weird stuff...give it a little bit, and then restart Steam/your computer.

aight thanks

Rufus

See above.

Feep said:
...I totally did. I don't... When... Must have accidentally done it the very first time I was in the settings. I never even notice that there's a setting for it.

orz

Card Boy

Banned
Just got this

Sequence Updated
Product Update - Valve
- Anti-mashing algorithm will no longer interfere with higher-end Hard/Spasmodic play
- Slight decrease in combo/accuracy requirements for learning spells
- Players will be able to reunlock the ability to change difficulty level after defeating the secret boss
- The achievement "Iris" can be more easily obtained on any hardware configuration
- Fixed a bug where using the mouse scroll wheel under certain circumstances would crash the game
- Fixed a bug that would cause a player's difficulty to revert to easy under certain circumstances
- The achievement "Meant For Each Other" will now unlock properly
- Crashes will now cause a "errorlog.txt" file to appear in the same directory as the .exe, allowing much easier debugging of player crashes
- Slightly decreased the volume of the "spell is now ready" sound effect

Feep

Banned
AwShucks said:
Well it's a shame "fixed drop rates of required items" isn't on that list. I feel like I've done this battle more than 15 times trying to get a red apple.
Try it again.

Card Boy

Banned
Feep that 5th Boss Eddie is his dialogue inspired by Rucks from Bastion? I see your a Phoenix Wright fan aswell (Dick Gumshoe)

Madrugador said:
Sequence is currently 15th on the Steam top sellers list. Nice to see the game selling so well.

This is awesome news. I was checking all of yesterday and today to see if it would make the Top Sellers list. Congrats Feep.

Droplet

Sadness the game just crashed and I just did one of those ridiculous combo things for a spell. I'm also having trouble launching the game as it seems to take forever. They're probably just problems with the computer though. Ugh I should get a new one.

Jintor

Feep said:
I should start trolling GAF members. I can check the SteamID in the code; I can make hilarious messages appear if it matches certain names...

DO IT. And troll some reddit users for maximum lolz (and a knock-on effect)

Reuenthal

Banned
I am getting that Sequence is now unavailable message when I now try to run it. I also am not getting an uptade screen of Sequence being updated. What to do?

Feep

Banned
Reuenthal said:
I am getting that Sequence is now unavailable message when I now try to run it. I also am not getting an uptade screen of Sequence being updated. What to do?
Dammit, Valve.

Restart Steam, and if that fails, restart your computer. This is entirely out of my hands, and this actually seems to have been happening with annoying frequency after patches. = P
Droplet said:
Sadness the game just crashed and I just did one of those ridiculous combo things for a spell. I'm also having trouble launching the game as it seems to take forever. They're probably just problems with the computer though. Ugh I should get a new one.
Please send me the errorlog.txt file that has appeared at steam/steamapps/common/Sequence. That will help me debug it!

Reuenthal

Banned
Feep said:
Dammit, Valve.

Restart Steam, and if that fails, restart your computer. This is entirely out of my hands, and this actually seems to have been happening with annoying frequency after patches. = P

Please send me the errorlog.txt file that has appeared at steam/steamapps/common/Sequence. That will help me debug it!

It worked. I did nothing at all. I just got a "Sequence download has finished message" while I never got an update screen and Sequence was designated as ready to play all the time even though it was unavailable. This is strange since with some other games I got an update screen if it was downloading something. I dunno what happened but now it works.

Broseybrose

I just finished a Sequence session and had to return to this thread to thank Feep again, and give major props to all of Iridium because this game totally rocks my body. I want to play it all the time!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Hey Feep! It's pretty awesome to see this game be so successful after seeing it from it's Kickstarter roots just a year ago. Major congrats man, and good luck with your future projects!

chixdiggit

Just donated $5 based on how hard working Feep is. I wish all developers had this much passion. And yea the game is pretty awesome as well.

Played it for the first time today. It's super trippy and I lost the first battle. But I highly enjoy the combat mechanics. The voice acting is quite good, too. The writing, not so much. Everything just happens to be thrown at you all at once.

likeGdid

Just beat it yesterday, and I can definitely say I enjoyed it.

Is there a sequel in mind? I haven't gotten all of the achievements or beaten it on Spasmodic to know for sure

Feep

Banned
likeGdid said:
Just beat it yesterday, and I can definitely say I enjoyed it.

Is there a sequel in mind? I haven't gotten all of the achievements or beaten it on Spasmodic to know for sure
Maybe.

Card Boy

Banned
AcciDante said:
Really like the concept of the game, but I'm far too clumsy playing with the keyboard. Buying it on 360 now!

The Controller from your 360 will work on the PC you know. Vista and Win 7 is plug and play, Win XP is Plug and play with SP3. The game has on screen Xbox 360 buttons in the menu.

Both Wired and wireless Xbox 360 pads work on PC.

Feep

Banned
Well, someone apparently found out that the script files for this game are very easily editable.

kBqv3.jpg

Red

Feep said:
Well, someone apparently found out that the script files for this game are very easily editable.
This was the first thing I did after downloading it. I'm sure what was there originally was great, but it was too much of an opportunity to pass up.

The game is very fun, but it seems like there's a huge jump in difficulty between hard and spasmodic.

Ugh...game is crashing way too much. 5 crashes just to load it for the first time. Seemed alright from the tutorial while that lasted, I guess.

Feep

Banned
Crazymoogle said:
Ugh...game is crashing way too much. 5 crashes just to load it for the first time. Seemed alright from the tutorial while that lasted, I guess.
steam/steamapps/common/Sequence/Sequence.exe -> Right Click -> Properties -> Compatibility -> Enable compatibility mode for Windows XP3

Trying to get this in a patch tomorrow. It's harder than it seems to click a checkbox for someone. = P

bs000

Is it normal for Wild Eyes on floor 5 to give just 1 xp? I failed the battle the first time when entering the 5th floor and got 1 xp. When I re-tried and won I also got 1xp. Now every time I win a battle against it I get 1 xp.

bs000 said:
Is it normal for Wild Eyes on floor 5 to give just 1 xp? I failed the battle the first time when entering the 5th floor and got 1 xp. When I re-tried and won I also got 1xp. Now every time I win a battle against it I get 1 xp.
the exp gem he can drop gets desynced for like 1k exp.

Mush

Feep my good man, I just want to say cheers for the free code.

I've only put in about 30 min or so, but I'm in love with the concept. Plus the humour is great.

Just a question though, is the game suppose to run in a window rather than full screen?

Feep

Banned
Mush said:
Feep my good man, I just want to say cheers for the free code.

I've only put in about 30 min or so, but I'm in love with the concept. Plus the humour is great.

Just a question though, is the game suppose to run in a window rather than full screen?
You can go to full screen in the settings, though it's a little wonky right now. If you have a 16x9 resolution you should be good. If not...well, I'm workin' on it. = (

DigiMish

Just out of curiosity, did you PM everyone in the giveaway thread manually, or did you have some script gather info and do it?

peakish

Again, thanks for the game! I just beat it on medium and really enjoyed it. The game system is fun, the music good and the all around presentation really nice with the VA and art. At first I thought the dialogue was a bit too sarcastic but it all came together really nicely in the end. The boss characters were great fun.

Some critique: The difficulty was a bit inconsistent, the first fights on a level were suitably hard but by the time I had crafted one or two items (I always got the new spells at least) and gotten enough stuff to craft the boss key, the boss battles were really easy. I think I failed once on two bosses in total.

Also I would have liked a few more battle tracks, since enemies have to be grinded some tracks saw a looot of use (I'd have loved more use of Outer Space though!).

Finally, since I just finished it I have to say that the credit sequence was a nice touch and very fun listening to.

Feep said:

I inadvertently noticed that too while hunting for the "Iris" achievement, and blew the secret ending for myself. Felt bad man.

Also it turned out I was playing on easy while thinking I was on hard, like a lot of people. Guess it's new game for me!

Feep said:
steam/steamapps/common/Sequence/Sequence.exe -> Right Click -> Properties -> Compatibility -> Enable compatibility mode for Windows XP3

Trying to get this in a patch tomorrow. It's harder than it seems to click a checkbox for someone. = P

That's cool but does that fix how it crashes when trying to "install .NET"? It did that to me over and over and finally just started anyway. Didn't really give up until the tutorial crash (she wants you to test out spells and at some point it just freezes.)

Relax.MX said:
Im on six floor and i never craft spells or armor or weapons..with this the difficulty is perfect XO

How are you even winning?

With Arclight as your only offensive spell it seems like it would be impossible to win within the time limit.

Feep

Banned
Okay, I think I've *finally* got this Windowed Mode twitching/crashing/alt-tabbing under control. Before I submit the patch, I'm going to need confirmed success from 1) Windows XP, 2) Windows Vista, and 3) Windows 7. If I get all three, I'm good!

All you have to do to download this fancy new beta patch is open steam in your command line with the line

steam.exe -beta sequence_test

and the new patch should download. Load up the game, minimize, alt-tab, lose focus, come back...if it's all good, report here with your OS! Thanks!

Progress: 0/3

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Feep said:
You mean the one I already added? = D

Highlight the song you want, and hold down '4' and '6', and then press '1'. (These keys will change if you have re-bound your keys. Use the keys for Spell 4, Spell 6, and Spell 1.)

And we're going to add gem speed modifiers hopefully by the end of the week. = D
Ah, should have known you already had that covered! Excellent. Looking forward to the speed modifiers...

Ran the beta patch with Windows 7, works perfectly here. No more twitchiness in windowed mode and alt tabbing/minimizing resulted in no issues. ^^b

Top Bottom