• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SF BayGaf

Muggy here in Sunnyvale. I'm driving down to SD tomorrow so rain god, if you're listening, please contain yourself until the weekend. I normally encounter 2 accidents minimum in the afternoon on the 101S on days I drive down. With rain, I might as well delay the trip until late at night .

Stet

Banned
SF GAF, I'm coming to visit this weekend. My girlfriend has celiac and we're staying near fisherman' wharf -- are there any good gluten free breakfasts or lunches around?

Dany

Banned
Oh it was great. Spent around 6 days all over SF. Had burritos in the mission, walked on fishermans warf, had some italian, waited in line for 30 minute breakfast. walked UP to coit tower. Walked everywhere and by the end my legs were giving out haha. The walt disney museum was neat thought a bit out of the way. My favorite activity was probably the exploratorium. It was at night so they had some drinks for 21+ and no kids. :D

Here are some pictures of some fantastic food you guys have. I would love to visit again. But probably not until I finish grad school. The rent prices, oof.
http://instagram.com/p/r2pWCfiLol/?modal=true
http://instagram.com/p/rvcuf3iLm9/?modal=true

and a three hour tour which was fairly decent thought it got a bit meandering at the end.

http://imgur.com/a/2bLcH

I wish more time was spent in the Castro. D:

IT'S RAINING! HOLY SHIT IT'S ACTUALLY RAINING!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was in heaven this morning.

Every time it rains I talk at work about how awesome and beautiful it is when the skies are gray and everyone looks at me like I'm completely nuts.

beat

Every time it rains I talk at work about how awesome and beautiful it is when the skies are gray and everyone looks at me like I'm completely nuts.
You should live out on the western half of the city. I've been in the Sunset since June and it's wonderfully grey most mornings and evenings.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.

I do the same thing! The sun is absolutely abhorrent and I'll have none of it. Bring on those lovely grey clouds and drops of rain gently hitting my windows.

Man, I kind of wish SF was a somewhat rainy city. Why have those nice clouds without rain? I like where I live because it's a good mix of everything though the summers can be hot.

Nesotenso

so if you guys remember, I had talked about my sister moving to the area. So she and a friend found a place in Emeryville. Bridgewater condo complex and the rent is around 2300 with utilities included. Is this a good deal?

Emeryville location seems ideal for her since it is midway between the main office in Dublin and the trailer site in San Francisco. Her company is willing to provide a fasttrack pass because she has to cross the bay bridge everyday.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
went to Ken Ken Ramen last night with the girlfriend. Amazing food and ambiance. Highly recommended. wait time was about half an hour, but they have a great bar and bar food.

went to Ken Ken Ramen last night with the girlfriend. Amazing food and ambiance. Highly recommended. wait time was about half an hour, but they have a great bar and bar food.

One of my favorite ramen places in SF. I don't know if any new ramen places opened up since last year, but Ken Ken was fucking delicious. Drinks they had were good too.

butzopower

proud of his butz
One of my favorite ramen places in SF. I don't know if any new ramen places opened up since last year, but Ken Ken was fucking delicious. Drinks they had were good too.

I didn't really like Ken Ken the first time I went, but I didn't realize they do different regional styles depending on the day of the week. I've gone back since and had a good bowl of their thin noodles.

I really like Ramen Underground on Kearny. I'm not sure how recent it opened, but Ramen Izakaya Goku on 16th and Dolores has some pretty great ramen and takoyaki. Hapa Ramen also just got a store front (they'd been doing pop ups at Wing Wings in the Lower Haight), always thought their ramen at the ferry building farmers market was tasty.

Has anyone been to Men-oh? I've heard it's great.

Food related, I still can't get over Hot Sauce and Panko in the Richmond. It's two bus rides from where I am now and worth it every time.

Hi SF GAF. Took a 20 hour flight from Singapore for company function in Carlsbad.

I'll be in SF area this Friday night till Sunday night. I'll be staying in Harbor Court in Steuart St.

First time in the States... Recommend me awesome reasonably priced food and places to visit. (non tourist trap stuff)

I can meet up if any GAFfer is up for it. However, I don't booze.

Go!

Hi SF GAF. Took a 20 hour flight from Singapore for company function in Carlsbad.

I'll be in SF area this Friday night till Sunday night. I'll be staying in Harbor Court in Steuart St.

First time in the States... Recommend me awesome reasonably priced food and places to visit. (non tourist trap stuff)
SF Gate's Bargain Bites is a good place to start. You can use the map to find things close to where you're staying. For higher end restaurants, The Chronicle 100 is a decent list.

Does San Jose qualify for this thread? I would imagine so, since us south bay folks have your precious 49ers now :p

Moved here from LA, still getting used to stuff, but VERY happy for the temperature differential.

Potentially might be moving to Pleasanton. Is it a nice place to live. How's crime? What is the average rent? Are there a lot of nice things to do there?

olympia

Does San Jose qualify for this thread? I would imagine so, since us south bay folks have your precious 49ers now :p

Moved here from LA, still getting used to stuff, but VERY happy for the temperature differential.

yes dude, south bay

also ramen seas in sunnyvale is the shit. go there.

wario

Anyone have any more comments on Pleasanton?

for the east bay, it's the fastest growing city region (dublin/pleasanton). tons of development going on, residential and commercial. major tech companies already have offices out there. all the major retail stores you can think of are within a 5 mile driving radius. there's also that new high-end discount shopping mall, paragon outlets, if you're into that. you can check out some of the wineries close by in livermore as well.

it's not bad if you're looking for that suburban lifestyle. if you want to be close to a major city like san jose or san francisco, it's kinda far out though.

Anyone have any more comments on Pleasanton?[/

for the east bay, it's the fastest growing city region (dublin/pleasanton). tons of development going on, residential and commercial. major tech companies already have offices out there. all the major retail stores you can think of are within a 5 mile driving radius. there's also that new high-end discount shopping mall, paragon outlets, if you're into that. you can check out some of the wineries close by in livermore as well.

it's not bad if you're looking for that suburban lifestyle. if you want to be close to a major city like san jose or san francisco, it's kinda far out though.

Ah cool. How's the food? Does weather generally stay warm year round?

wario

Ah cool. How's the food? Does weather generally stay warm year round?

you can find restaurants for all the major kinds of food out there in addition to all the chain restaurant food options that all suburbans have.

pleasanton is one of the warmest areas of the bay since it's so inland. temp drops a little bit during the winter months but if you have a long sleeve and a hoodie you'll be good. save the snow jacket for the tahoe trips.

Top Bottom