• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SF BayGaf

you can find restaurants for all the major kinds of food out there in addition to all the chain restaurant food options that all suburbans have.

pleasanton is one of the warmest areas of the bay since it's so inland. temp drops a little bit during the winter months but if you have a long sleeve and a hoodie you'll be good. save the snow jacket for the tahoe trips.

The food all over the bay is incredible, and even if you want something different than what;s next door, you're a BART ride away from a ton of great food and things to do.

Nice, is there some good authentic Mexican food there? What's the population makeup look like? Are there a lot of outdoors this to do like hiking?

Nice, is there some good authentic Mexican food there? What's the population makeup look like? Are there a lot of outdoors this to do like hiking?

I don't know the east bay that well, but there are tons of awesome Mexican places all over the South Bay and Peninsula (not to mention that SF is mission burrito mecca) so I would imagine so. There are places all over the bay to hike and enjoy nature too. The coastline is obviously gorgeous, you have awesome forests north of SF, trails and stuff all over north SF and the South Bay, so there's variety, but all of it is pretty great.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleasanton,_California
http://www.weather.com/weather/today/USCA0882:1

Those and Craigslist were most of the research I did just to understand where I was moving and what housing was like and that kind of thing when I moved out to the bay area. You can use walkscore.com to kind of judge what's nearby places that you're looking at and get an idea of what kind of food and stuff is around. Yelp too. I don't know if you can find a better mixture of food, scenery, and shit to do anywhere else in the country.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I don't know the east bay that well, but there are tons of awesome Mexican places all over the South Bay and Peninsula (not to mention that SF is mission burrito mecca) so I would imagine so. There are places all over the bay to hike and enjoy nature too. The coastline is obviously gorgeous, you have awesome forests north of SF, trails and stuff all over north SF and the South Bay, so there's variety, but all of it is pretty great.

Those and Craigslist were most of the research I did just to understand where I was moving and what housing was like and that kind of thing when I moved out to the bay area. You can use walkscore.com to kind of judge what's nearby places that you're looking at and get an idea of what kind of food and stuff is around. Yelp too. I don't know if you can find a better mixture of food, scenery, and shit to do anywhere else in the country.
Now you're making me miss home even more. I live in Castro Valley but I'm currently in Florida for 5 months. I miss the bay and California every day.

Anyone have any more comments on Pleasanton?

I live in Dublin (but Pleasanton is just over the overpass for me), it's generally warm during the day but cool/colder at night due to being inland, but it's fairly dry so it's nice. During the summer, it just ranges from hot to still kinda hot.

Pleasanton's Farmers Market is on Saturdays and is year-round while the downtown itself is cool (though if I'm honest with myself, I like Danville's more since there are more shops and places to eat). There are lots of places to eat, both chain and local so you do have a variety.

It's a pretty a-typical suburb though there are lots of places to walk and bike I find.

What is a mission burrito? Well it definitely sounds awesome!

I live in Dublin (but Pleasanton is just over the overpass for me), it's generally warm during the day but cool/colder at night due to being inland, but it's fairly dry so it's nice. During the summer, it just ranges from hot to still kinda hot.

Pleasanton's Farmers Market is on Saturdays and is year-round while the downtown itself is cool (though if I'm honest with myself, I like Danville's more since there are more shops and places to eat). There are lots of places to eat, both chain and local so you do have a variety.

It's a pretty a-typical suburb though there are lots of places to walk and bike I find.

Nice, the farmer's market is something I've heard is really good there. Honestly for food I love doing local family owned places. I'm not a fan of big chains.

What is a mission burrito? Well it definitely sounds awesome!

Burritos from the Mission District in San Francisco. Legend says that the burritos you're used to eating at taquerias originated from the Mission District.

3711741258_88941590b1_z.jpg

except I prefer mine with no lettuce.

Rainy

Banned
Even Year Dynasty though. Crazy stuff as always in SF! Someone was even screaming on the street here in a little suburban neighborhood in Fremont.

Burritos from the Mission District in San Francisco. Legend says that the burritos you're used to eating at taquerias originated from the Mission District.

3711741258_88941590b1_z.jpg

except I prefer mine with no lettuce.

I miss those burritos.

I can get good ones down here in the South bay too though.

Congrats on the SF Giants.
But I don't care. Go Sharks.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Rainy

Banned
how do you like fremont?

I've lived my whole life on the side near Union City/Hayward (except the 4 years I spent in SoCal for college) and it's good. Not too far from anything, quiet, and just plain chill. (I wasn't sure if you wanted to know something specifically, so feel free to ask if you do.)

Edit: and oh I saw that Taylor Swift thing! I hope she releases another October album in 2 years as well. (1989 is actually a pretty great album tbh.)

Fjordson

Short day at work tomorrow thanks to the Giants. Woo!

Stay safe SF-gaf. I'm in San Jose now so only heard a few fireworks, but I'm sure it's crazy in the city. Or at least was.

Latest news says two ppl got shot and one stabbed in the Mission tonight.

Not great but hey, I gotta believe it's better than what happens down in LA when the Lakers win.

Fjordson

Going to the Tycho/Com Truise show at Fox Theater tonight. Should be awesome, the tour's finale.
Should be a dope show.

All the concerts is something I miss about living in the city. Not always easy to make it up there for shows these days and lots of bands I like don't play in San Jose (though I did manage to catch Tennis last week, great show).

AcridMeat

Banned
Should be a dope show.

All the concerts is something I miss about living in the city. Not always easy to make it up there for shows these days and lots of bands I like don't play in San Jose (though I did manage to catch Tennis last week, great show).
Yeah I find a few shows a month I would like to go to but just don't feel up to it most of the time. Driving into SF/finding parking is enough of a pain to deter me. Especially if I can't find someone who wants to go with me.

That said when it's something like two of my most listened to artists in the last 5 years on the same night, I'll make an exception.

Pretty annoyed because I got sick yesterday and am not feeling amazing today either, but I'm hoping drowning myself in medicine before going will be enough. Been waiting for tonight for a few months now haha.

I saw people setting up and grabbing spots for the parade at about 6:45am this morning when I was driving to work. It's still raining up here in the city.

I walk from my home to work, and crossing market today was a PITA.

Definitively a busy day with the parade, the rain and people in costumes running around.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Critical Mass is tonight, too. The evening commute is going to be a clusterfuck.

we were just talking about that. Going out tonight with The Castro/Church St in party mode, Critical Mass and the Giants Parade.

screw that man. I'm staying in and watching horror movies all night.

Fjordson

Finally rain, is anyone at the parade today?
I am! Parade was rainy and took a while to get going, but me and my wife posted up here for the presentation and speeches at the Civic Center which has been good. Definitely cold and wet today, but worth it.

Fjordson

Hunter Pence is gonna be a hell of a broadcaster / motivational speaker after he's done playing.

Now time to get some dope food while I'm in the city. Was planning on driving back to San Jose immediately, but eff that.

Rainy

Banned
lmao I just randomly went through some pages in this thread and remembered losing the super bowl. Thought I wiped that from my memory.

Now only if the Niners can get a parade like this!

harbaugh pls

If they have a parade, I'm definitely going.

Also, it must-have been a muggy ass day in SF. I was actually going to head out to the parade, but my classes, as always, interfere with my plans.

Fjordson

I wish it would get colder in Morgan Hill. I work over here and am ready for some actual fall weather. It's like 81 right now.

yeah I know, rest of the country is about to be freezing their asses off in a few weeks

I've lived here for a long time and have never seen a movie in IMAX. Should I visit the Tech museum or Dublin's Regal theater for Interstellar? Slightly concerned about yelp reviews for the former stating people have to bend their necks upwards to watch movies on the dome screen.

beat

I've lived here for a long time and have never seen a movie in IMAX. Should I visit the Tech museum or Dublin's Regal theater for Interstellar? Slightly concerned about yelp reviews for the former stating people have to bend their necks upwards to watch movies on the dome screen.
There's also the Metreon in SF, which is a "real" IMAX and not a mini IMAX.

Top Bottom