• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter - $100k; already in dev, mid-2015 release, PC only

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiyoaki

New update with, among other things, a piece of concept art for the sculpted matrix systems:
b64e3d190bbb6a1964f3501f594da6de_large.jpg

Plus some terrible Valentine's day cards:
d51a6c85c6f32ac0f672339c13576462_large.jpg

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/webeharebrained/shadowrun-hong-kong/posts

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Funding is really starting to ramp up 3 days out. We will probably reach 1 million before the final day.

Almighty

I personally would be downright shocked if this doesn't hit a million. I am putting my money on it raising 1.1 to 1.2 million myself when all is said and done.

Terra_Ex

That mini-campaign is all but confirmed now, which is great because I need it. The matrix concept art looks pretty damn nice too.

More than 60k during the past two days. We should reach 1mio. within the next 24 hours.

I'm really impressed by how professionally they've managed the entire campaign. I hope they don't spoil it by announcing a last minute stretch goal when we reach 1mio. :)

kiyoaki

More than 60k during the past two days. We should reach 1mio. within the next 24 hours.

I'm really impressed by how professionally they've managed the entire campaign. I hope they don't spoil it by announcing a last minute stretch goal when we reach 1mio. :)
They said in one of the interviews they've already made plans for one more stretch goal just in case the campaign went well beyond 1 million. But with just two days to go, It probably wouldn't make much sense.

~Kinggi~

Banned
They said in one of the interviews they've already made plans for one more stretch goal just in case the campaign went well beyond 1 million. But with just two days to go, It probably wouldn't make much sense.

The final push should generate them an extra 100k i think. 1.1 millions maybe. Maybe more. I dont know.

The evolution from Dead Man's Switch to this has been really visible and impressive. And considering the DRM questions that came up during the initial development, I'm really impressed that this and the Dragonfall remake are both up on GOG (especially given Microsoft was involved).

Almighty

That mini campaign is going to be sweet. Now I wonder if they will attempt one more stretch goal or just call it a night.

pmj

Has it been said if the commentary will be a kickstarter exclusive or if non-backers will also be able to get their hands on it?

I'm not keen on spending $35 on a game right now.

kiyoaki

So they did make 1 mio. easily, and the reminder mails for the last 48 hours haven't even been sent out yet.

I hope they'll put the additional money they make to general polish. Maybe make one more side mission, or something.

This Kickstarter has given me pretty much exactly what I wanted. I can't wait until August.

Meia

Update #24

I think it's good that they're not adding anything at this point to try and up the amount of money they'll generate, honestly. I know they've said as much over the campaign, but good to see it out there. :)

Was interesting to see this push happen when it did, and curious to see what happens now with it. :p

GavinUK86

At this point, it's not about getting the highest total. It's about inviting more people to join our community. And we hope that they'll consider joining us because they want to support a bunch of (fiercely) independent developers who genuinely care about serving their audience.

Thanks again for everything. The Shadowrun Community is supportive, welcoming, helpful, generous, understanding, and appreciative and it's an absolute pleasure to make games for you. You are the very best thing about coming back to Kickstarter.

Cheers!!!

-- HBS

This warms my heart and makes me very happy. Seeing game creators genuinely enjoying what they do and giving the best game they can to their fans.

Update #24

I think it's good that they're not adding anything at this point to try and up the amount of money they'll generate, honestly. I know they've said as much over the campaign, but good to see it out there. :)

Was interesting to see this push happen when it did, and curious to see what happens now with it. :p

Ditto. It's good budgeting practices; if every kickstarter had a "shit happens" fund built in, I suspect you'd see a lot fewer failed projects :p

I just want more awakened animals to fight. There is never enough fantasy creatures to fight in Shadowrun. Shadowrun is usually more focused on humanoids.

I was hoping for like a 1.2m 'misc', adding little features or missions to help flesh things out. A nice money cushion is probably a good idea though. Very happy we got the epilogue/expansion thing.

Yeah I did yesterday. The first Shadowrun was great but still had some huge mistakes. I'm currently playing Dragonfall and it's amazing, clearly they have learnt from their previous mistakes so I can't wait for this one.

infi

I thought this might just reach one million when it was done but it looks like its done it comfortably. Hopefully with them using the extra money wisely it will manage to be an even better game than Dragonfall is.

Finally backed it myself. Dragonfall was a complete surprise and proved that these guys know what they are doing. An improved engine on PC would pretty much be perfect, so I'm excited.

pa22word

Anyone else get the feel that the post million update is a direct response to the shit that went down with Molyneux in that RPS post?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom