• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadowrun Returns Kickstarter project by Harebrained Schemes [Ended, $1.8M funded]

Chairhome

I went for more Seattle cause I liked the line about showing the Native American Tribes. It was either that or Denver. I feel like Denver has potential in showing a variety of people/places in one setting.

Miletius

I ended up voting foR Berlin. Denver and Seattle sounded cool to me -- London and HK were on 2nd tier just because it's always London or Hong Kong.

They sent out another email.

Apparently, it's currently a three-city race between Hong Kong, Berlin and more Seattle.

Survey ends on the 15th, and there are still 20,000 votes missing.

gotee12

Received my vote email about an hour ago so they are still trickling out. I'm a gmail user but mine didn't wind up in the spam folder. Though folks should still keep an eye out to make sure it doesn't wind up there.

Also I was really conflicted over which city to pick. They did a great job at making several of the choices feel worthwhile.

Unicorn

Just voted for more Seattle. I want more focus right now. I'm hoping later they'll release expansions, then we can get properly fleshed out areas for each timeframe. I'd hate for them to try and stretch themselves thin trying to get varying areas, styles, and themes going.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I went more Seattle, because a more focused approach on one city seemed like a safe bet for a first game.

After that, Denver appealed to me the most because I like the idea of multiple borders and lots of smuggling action.

I'm pretty okay with London or Berlin, but I think I'm a bit bleh at Hong Kong because it does feel a bit worn for the genre.

Chicago...Giant undead bugs, man.

Durante

I had a hard time deciding between the choices -- I used to play PnP and read the novels, so I had a pretty good idea of most of them and why they're interesting. In the end I went with Berlin, since the east/west split should make for an interesting setting. Still, I'm also fine with all the other choices.

DiscoJer said:
More Seattle just doesn't seem right to me though - they promised a "new" city, not more of the same old city.
I think allowing backers to vote for it is fair. Some asked for it, and if the majority would rather have more Seattle then why not?

Dipswitch

I went more Seattle, because a more focused approach on one city seemed like a safe bet for a first game.

Yeah, that's how I voted as well. Rather have one city done in more details than split it among several smaller cities. That'd be a good experience for follow up games. Wouldn't bother me terribly if that didn't pan out though.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
I voted London, I'm not patriotic but it would be fun to see what British people are like in the future.

You must not be a fan of space sci-fi movies since that has been the stereotypical space faring human for the past 30 years or so. On the other hand we have very few examples of other ethnic groups being represented in the future especially Oriental, Asian (there is a difference), Pacific Islander, Native African and Latin American groups. Chakotay is the only Native American I've ever seen represented in the future as well aside from that one TNG episode. British are one of the last groups to be excluded from futuristic games, movies and books.

I went with Berlin. I'd like to see something European, and I feel Berlin is a bit underrepresented in games in general. I'm not familiar with Shadowrun at all, but Singapore would havd been an interesting location for me.

Went with Seattle.

Would like to see a more developed city featuring distinct districts (like VTM Bloodlines) for this than highlights of two cities. Then hopefully, another city in an expansion pack or sequel

Ledsen

ChartExport.jpg

After that, Denver appealed to me the most because I like the idea of multiple borders and lots of smuggling action.

I'm pretty okay with London or Berlin, but I think I'm a bit bleh at Hong Kong because it does feel a bit worn for the genre.

Chicago...Giant undead bugs, man.

They're not undead. They're spirit creatures that take over and warp a human host. They're more like Xenomorphs (sp?) from Aliens in that aspect.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't voted and don't have a preference, but I'll let someone else use it. First person to quote me with their choice, I'll vote for it.

Lime

I still haven't got any e-mail with the poll link. Do I have to do it via their forums or something? The only e-mails I get are the Project Updates from Kickstarter.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Hong Kong & Denver seem like the most interesting to me by far. I voted Hong Kong because it doesn't look like Denver has a shot. It's too bad they didn't pick a city in Japan.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Voted Berlin both times. I do hope there will be some Asian themed sub areas somewhere though, it's kind of a staple.

Talyn

I also voted for Berlin again because I remain firm in my stance that HK is in too many damn cyberpunk games and I want to see something different for a change.

Larsen B

I hope Berlin wins but the alternative isn't bad. It's just that cyberpunk Asia is more conventional and Berlin will be more interesting.

Europe very rarely gets used in games so it would be nice to see it represented.

And the actual Berlin is a nice place.

zkylon

zkylewd
I might be a little bitter, I wanted to see teched out future skin heads drinking pints is sleazy neon soaked London pubs.
Heh, London would've been nice too. They seem to have the lore for every one of these places so you can't rule out they won't add them in expansions or sequels.

Top Bottom