• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shenmue Community Thread | Still lookin' for sailors

i'm waiting to someone put that 11 images/chapters screencap online. the plot is kinda there

This one?:

ZZfEp3b.jpg

Eggbok

When asked about releasing the prototype did he say no?
But to Shenmue III, "..." looking in Cerny's direction.
futurama-fry-not-sure-if-meme-cartoon.png

The fact that we got no Shenmue I and II HD and hearing the reply to when Shenmue III will be released has deflated me.

We should not still be getting those replies regarding Shenmue III this late. For crying out loud just give us a solid answer!

ajim

Amazing talk. But goddamnit! GOD-FUCKING-DAMNIT!

ZZfEp3b.jpg

This plus that other slide with the timeline pretty much = the Shenmue story + conclusion for the most part guys.

Ryo gets revenge on Lan Di. Loses purpose afterwards on what he was doing, and then starts a new beginning with Shen Hua!

stn

Is he holding another talk for Shenmue 2? Or is this it? Ugh, man, why can't he just come out and say that Shenmue 3 will never be released? Even getting a "..." is driving me nuts.

NekoFever

Going by the fourth piece of art on that slide, can we assume that the masters who Ryo has to defeat in Kowloon were originally Virtua Fighter characters?

Empty

poor yu. he just tries to give a talk to provide insights about the design of an interesting game and a bizarre development and everyone gets frustrated based on something outside his control.

Amazing talk. But goddamnit! GOD-FUCKING-DAMNIT!

ZZfEp3b.jpg

This plus that other slide with the timeline pretty much = the Shenmue story + conclusion for the most part guys.

Ryo gets revenge on Lan Di. Loses purpose afterwards on what he was doing, and then starts a new beginning with Shen Hua!

this was from when it was Akira's story. Although much remains (Shenhua, Ren) I imagine it would have been a bit different in Ryo's end.

ajim

Wait a second does this mean we just got the story of Shenmue III and the ending?

I think so.

I think that was a subtle way of doing it.

We got the timeline of introduction, development, fight and conclusion. Combine that with the slide above and you can fill in the blanks and change characters with Shenmue ones.

It's done guys.

is was from when it was Akira's story. Although much remains (Shenhua, Ren) I imagine it would have been a bit different in Ryo's end.
Yeah I know, but I feel like there wouldn't be a whole lot different to that timeline. Shenmue was based on it, they changed character names, models and game title, but the foundation remainded I guess?

Mr. RPG

When it says "start a new beginning with Shen Hua" does that mean Ryo never goes back to Japan and lives with Shen Hua..?

spuit*11

Banned
The translation to the Shenmue 3 question was inaccurate.

He said he really wanted to do it. Don't know why the lady translated it to dot dot dot, it kind of sounded like she was in a hurry to get to mic or something. Everything else she did was spot on, really good translator.

Synth

I think so.

I think that was a subtle way of doing it.

We got the timeline of introduction, development, fight and conclusion. Combine that with the slide above and you can fill in the blanks and change characters with Shenmue ones.

It's done guys.

After this amount of time we shouldn't be getting subtle ways of doing it. Just tell us it's over, and give us those damn novels you just told us existed!!! :(

Hag

all that can say after seeing the slides is that after shenmue 2 shit gets real

and come on, he's clearly showing that for us to get the overall idea of the shenmue plot. I've been waiting to see this kinda of stuff for years

Yoda

The game would be so much cheaper to develop for today it is insane no one will take him up on it.

Top Bottom