• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sherlock Series 3 |OT| - THE Source for Fiction’s Cheekbone Fetish

Ninety minutes of pure showmanship. Elementary has filled the gap, but there's nothing like having Sherlock back. I loved the poke at the fans, too. I was laughing in fan (and scholarly) glee at many instances. Such a thorough modern interpretation.

I like how they show that Mycroft is smarter than Sherlock but just too damn lazy to put it to field work use

That's canon about Mycroft according to Doyle but I liked finally seeing it in "action" or is that inaction on his part? The sibling rivalry between the two was one of the highlights of the episode.

What 'horrors' is Mycroft talking about near the end of the episode? Something to do with socializing or something similar? I couldn't quite catch what he said over the phone.

I'm glad someone else caught that, it made the whole thing even funnier than it already was.

My friend gave me S1-3 of Cabin Pressure while my GAF SS gave me S4 so I've been listening. Loved hearing that accent as it made a comical scene even more so with it.

I wasn't the only one!

I was going "WTF?! Sounds like straight up Mega Man right now!" during that sequence. Loved it.

Shiv47

What 'horrors' is Mycroft talking about near the end of the episode? Something to do with socializing or something similar? I couldn't quite catch what he said over the phone.

Because he's taken their parents to Les Miserables, and the banality of the show is torturing him. You can hear a famous number from the show as he's talking.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Where's Fiction? Haven't seen any posts from her about the new episode. Or did I just miss them?

There's a chance she might have passed out. EDIT: Nevermind. Now I'm more relaxed for her well-being.

Ripclawe

Banned

He is in a world surrounded by goldfish and in this case having to take his parents to les mis which I totally understand

LordCanti

She's currently turbo'ing.

e1mrYEp.jpg

I miss that thread already.

Where's Fiction? Haven't seen any posts from her about the new episode. Or did I just miss them?

Well, he is the writer of the show after all. Wouldnt you make the character that way too?

Shes busy with her shower head currently.

She's currently turbo'ing.

I miss that thread already.

I have very slow internet. Ahem.

I JUST FINISHED IT OMG OMG

It was amazing, everything was perfect, I can't stop grinning.

l8Vh6nK.gif

I was so excited I hit post too soon.

I kept making random noises the whole episode it was glorious. And Moran! Not what I expected at all. Could that be
The elder Moran?{/spoiler]

I CALLED THE BALL THING YES.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, after a couple of seasons of Elementary, I think I prefer that version of the character now. Of course, it's not fair since having thirty-something episodes allows them to make Sherlock more of a human being than the small touches we get in a movie that is meant to fill in a two year absence, but that's really not my problem.

I just hope the second episode isn't as pointless and terrible as the middle episodes have historically been.

Darth Sonik

we need more FPS games
OK, that episode was pure fun, they were justly reveling in their long awaited return.

I do hope though, that this means that episodes 2 & 3 are more serious in tone.

I couldn't stop giggling omg.

(Yes, Real Pic Jan pressured me into changing my avatar, but I was clever and know an amazing photoshop artist)

I was laughing for 5 minutes straight during that portion.

Still this moment was like: now you look like a proper copper.

(I could participate in RPJ with my Lestrade haircut but nah. Keeping the Rupert avatar instead.)

Gila

I like how they show that Mycroft is smarter than Sherlock but just too damn lazy to put it to field work use

This. Now it has me thinking there is so much more to Mycroft than what we've seen.

Is Mycroft from the books as well? And does it tell way more about him?

This. Now it has me thinking there is so much more to Mycroft than what we've seen.

Yes he's in the books and sorta. I think he's honestly more fleshed out in this series than in the books.

I was all
Awww he started smoking again FEEEEELLLLSSS

I'm more amused by how fast that was reblogged on tumblr (aside from the other gif I linked.
The bro-hug though... Those two are more brotherly than Mycroft & Sherlock are. FEELS...

I have very slow internet. Ahem.

I JUST FINISHED IT OMG OMG

It was amazing, everything was perfect, I can't stop grinning.

l8Vh6nK.gif

I was so excited I hit post too soon.

I kept making random noises the whole episode it was glorious. And Moran! Not what I expected at all. Could that be
The elder Moran?

I CALLED THE BALL THING YES.

Yep, Moran really threw me for a loop. Surprised at his em...lack of connection to certain other villains. Also didn't realize he was in Game of Shadows too.

Regarding your spoiler, do you mean the guy at the very end? I can tell you who that's gonna be, but I'm sure you know already.

Yep, Moran really threw me for a loop. Surprised at his em...lack of connection to certain other villains. Also didn't realize he was in Game of Shadows too.

Regarding your spoiler, do you mean the guy at the very end? I can tell you who that's gonna be, but I'm sure you know already.

No, the guy that got nabbed and was doing the button pushing. I know who the older guy is :p

Ripclawe

Banned

Its canon in the books but I haven't read the original stories in a long time to remember if there is concrete segments that show it other than Sherlock saying it

Man that was great.

His parents were a huge surprise lmao

Sherlock and Watson are cemented as one of the best tv pair ups of all time most definitely

By CumberGaf I assume you mean Benedict Cumberbatch?
RPJ? wut

Real Pic January. It's a thing here. Users change their avatars to pics of themselves for the month.

And by Cumbergaf I mean all the fans of Cumberbatch who post on Gaf, I am sorta the running joke of obsessive fan girl.

No, the guy that got nabbed and was doing the button pushing. I know who the older guy is :p

And apparently he (the older guy) is mentioned in one of the crawls during the news report announcing Sherlock's return on the TV in Anderson's apartment.
Magnussen summoned before Parliament
!

Flandy

Real Pic January. It's a thing here. Users change their avatars to pics of themselves for the month.

And by Cumbergaf I mean all the fans of Cumberbatch who post on Gaf, I am sorta the running joke of obsessive fan girl.

Are you marrying going to prom with Sherlock? :p

I know the last bit already :)

Something else that really made me curious/nervous for the next few episodes was Sherlock's deductions around Mary, with the words "shortsighted" and "liar" being among them. I hope those are just character flaws and not something much deeper or darker.

Top Bottom