• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sherlock Series 3 |OT| - THE Source for Fiction’s Cheekbone Fetish

I honestly think Sherlock is trolling Lestrade at this point by 'forgetting' his name, since he knew Andersons. (And finally so do we, Phillip!)

Also, I wanted to express how freakin' adorable the entire Operation/Deduction scene with Sherlock and Mycroft was. You can tell how much they missed each other in their own ways (and damn at that character growth for Sherlock, trying to get Mycroft to realize he doesn't have to be alone, my heart)

Didn't want to post right after the episode, but I was kind of disappointed. Not much Sherlock detecting or an actual mystery driving the episode, it was more a series of scenes about people interacting with Sherlock. Kind of interesting but not what I expected. The Watson-in-danger part went on too long and had no payoff (I guess it's setting up a larger arc, but still Watson seemed remarkably calm the next day for someone who had been kidnapped and almost murdered for no apparent reason.) I don't like the new techno score they've done, as opposed to the orchestral-mixed-with-some-electronics that previous seasons had. And yes, the "clever" camera moves and editing are finally beginning to seem overdone to me.

Really liked the Molly and Lestrade moments, and of course Sherlock and Watson are still amazing together. The devolving restaurants, parents, Mycroft vs. Sherlock, and alternating theories about the fall were all great fun. Also liked Anderson poking holes in Sherlock's explanation as a pre-emptive ribbing of viewers who will do the same.

I honestly think Sherlock is trolling Lestrade at this point by 'forgetting' his name, since he knew Andersons. (And finally so do we, Phillip!)

Also, I wanted to express how freakin' adorable the entire Operation/Deduction scene with Sherlock and Mycroft was. You can tell how much they missed each other in their own ways (and damn at that character growth for Sherlock, trying to get Mycroft to realize he doesn't have to be alone, my heart)

Sherlock's relationships with both of them revolve around snark-filled affection. It's grand

The actor who plays Lestrade is so hot.

Rupert Graves is a cool dude and after seeing his early films till now, he's really grown into his face I think. He's looks like a teen in A Room With a View and was a straight-up pretty boy in Maurice but started looking like a grown up once he hit his 40s.

hayejin

Like most people here I enjoyed the return of Sherlock but wasn't too impressed with the episode. Scandal in Belgravia still tops as the best season opener and best episode for me.
After I saw the episode I scoured ebay and bought myself a Holmes bookened.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sherlock-Holmes-w-Smoking-Pipe-Stainless-Steel-BookEnd-New-Sealed-/121245601899?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c3acd106b

A bit pricey no doubt but had some ebay bucks to spend and really needed something to satisfy the Holmes high. Also bought some pastiches from Amazon as well.

Q: Will there be a new season after this one?

I am LOATHE to link to Buzzfeed but man, some of these Tumblr reactions have me dying at work.

enhanced-buzz-32306-1388680945-19.jpg

enhanced-buzz-3272-1388670564-12.jpg

enhanced-buzz-19640-1388674746-25.jpg

Tumblr Reacts To The "Sherlock" Season 3 Premiere

Feran

Best part ever. Also, I've already seen multiple gifs from the Sign of Three trailer with text. If anything, tumblr is always at the ready to gif anything.

Haha yes! Or perhaps it's just out of habit from having no new material for so long that you end up giffing everything out of desperation.

so where can i see this tumblr reactions first hand ?

I have an account and follow some Sherlock blogs. Stuff gets reblogged in a blink.

For a non-user, you can just google tumblr sherlock and search for anything tagged Sherlock to see stuff. (See Fiction's link)

K_B

Tumblr's reactions were hilarious. I thought it was a pretty good episode, but that may have just been me being excited about the fact that the show was back at all. It had a ton of fun and funny moments (Mycroft and Sherlock playing Operation!) , but I would have liked to see more of the classic Sherlock detective work. However, now that Sherlock has returned from his fake death, hopefully the next episode will be more like the Sherlock of the past.

AkuMifune

Banned
Just watched the episode. I was feeling meh at first, but by the end I was in love with everything and everyone about it again, quirks and all.

Mario007

So are we taking what Sherlock told Anderson as the way it happened or are we still expecting the reveal of how Sherlock faked his death in the later episodes?

So are we taking what Sherlock told Anderson as the way it happened or are we still expecting the reveal of how Sherlock faked his death in the later episodes?

Every theory presented in the ep, including that one, is for you to decide what/how much is plausible. :p

I think the consensus in this thread is Anderson's explanation was the real one. It is for me at least. I look at it as Gatiss and Moffat telling the fan base what exactly happened, and the fans just not buying it as too simple.

Mario007

I think the consensus in this thread is Anderson's explanation was the real one. It is for me at least. I look at it as Gatiss and Moffat telling the fan base what exactly happened, and the fans just not buying it as too simple.
I'm kinda buying the whole "we were fooling Moriarty all the time" bit but the jumping off bit was just a bit too ridiculous for my tastes. I always assumed he jumped into that truck with trash and then put a different body down there. Ah well.

Simple being a relative term here.

Hahaha. True enough, agreed! "Straightforward" would have been a better term I think.

I'm kinda buying the whole "we were fooling Moriarty all the time" bit but the jumping off bit was just a bit too ridiculous for my tastes. I always assumed he jumped into that truck with trash and then put a different body down there. Ah well.

The one thing that bugs me about S+M playing Moriarty the whole time is, why show Mycroft alone ,shattered and devastated in the Diogenes Club after the apparent suicide?

The most hilarious reactions are coming from people who haven't seen the episode but are seeing gifs.

"WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK SHERLOCK IS KISSING EVERYONE HOLY SHIT SHERIARTY HOW IS THIS REAL LIFE."

/basking in the glow of fandom

I called Mycroft and Sherlock being in on feeding the info to Moriarty (cause I couldn't believe Mycroft would be so stupid), and the rubber ball. I knew the truck was involved SOMEHOW but thought they tossed whatever it was that 'caught' his fall into the truck. Apparently it was just more visual blocking. I couldn't believe the body was anything BUT Sherlock though.

Or at least, the best explanation we're going to get. I think it was more a subtle jab at viewers throughout, like it doesn't really matter how and the explanation wouldn't satisfy everyone anyway.

This was my take. I honestly think that even the story he told Anderson is not 100% true, but more like 90%. Anderson's fanfic and the other member's fanfic - no chance in hell.

The most hilarious reactions are coming from people who haven't seen the episode but are seeing gifs.

"WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK SHERLOCK IS KISSING EVERYONE HOLY SHIT SHERIARTY HOW IS THIS REAL LIFE."

/basking in the glow of fandom

My friend's mom is watching right now. She's currently losing her shit while my friend's laughing. It's great.

vgJames

Banned
? The building between Watson and Holmes was never hidden.

I stand corrected, just went back and watched The Reichenbach Fall and the building is indeed there. Sherlock made a point to tell Watson to walk back a little bit and we see the building in shot in that second.

Also, the newspaper in Scandal with 'Renovation of Historic Hospital' or whatever made me think loooootttss of thoughts, but apparently they had put that in and then changed their minds on how to do the fall so they are jerks :(

Dennis

Banned
I am 1 minute into the new episode and what do I see?

Sherlock kissing Molly on the mouth........

.......what is this? So out of character.

I now fear for the rest of the show.

dalin80

Banned
Rewatched the episode earlier and just a couple of comments-

-The mystery aspect was weak and disjointed.
-The character aspect was absolutely perfect.

It was fun and for the first time had a welcoming atmosphere.

Tugatrix

I am 1 minute into the new episode and what do I see?

Sherlock kissing Molly on the mouth........

.......what is this? So out of character.

I now fear for the rest of the show.

You haven't seen nothing yet, it gets better and you will know what we are referring to, just come here after that...

I hope these posts keep happening.

This gif has never been more appropriate:

ONd54.gif

Also, I would like to say one more thing before I have a lie down.

How were they able to so successfully predict fandom's reaction to the mournstache?

I mean, when the trailer first came out, if I could find my post, I literally said like "I really hope one of the first things Sherlock says is 'Are you going to shave that off now or later?' "

No bueno mustacheo.

Rewatched the episode earlier and just a couple of comments-

-The mystery aspect was weak and disjointed.
-The character aspect was absolutely perfect.

It was fun and for the first time had a welcoming atmosphere.

What's funny with the mystery for me is that it's clear that something's being set up - which is obvious - but my biggest thing to happen in this episode was actually all the character stuff. So, the mystery being weaker while the character development being stronger is all I wanted and got.

Also, I would like to say one more thing before I have a lie down.

How were they able to so successfully predict fandom's reaction to the mournstache?

I mean, when the trailer first came out, if I could find my post, I literally said like "I really hope one of the first things Sherlock says is 'Are you going to shave that off now or later?' "

No bueno mustacheo.

Hmm? Setlock (tumblr tag for all bts stuff) pics of the 'stache appeared when they were first filming the ep so they had ample time to predict. :p

What's funny with the mystery for me is that it's clear that something's being set up - which is obvious - but my biggest thing to happen in this episode was actually all the character stuff. So, the mystery being weaker while the character development being stronger is all I wanted and got.

Hmm? Setlock (tumblr tag for all bts stuff) pics of the 'stache appeared when they were first filming the ep so they had ample time to predict. :p

I ignored all the set lock stuff, so that makes more sense :p Still, it's hilarious.

I ignored all the set lock stuff, so that makes more sense :p Still, it's hilarious.

Believe me, the moaning now is still the same as the moaning then. There are things that never change lol.

A lot bitched about Greg's hair being so short. But since he was also filming The White Queen during that time, I think most forgot/ignored it. The consensus though is that they're happier it's longer in the Sign of Three trailer lol.

Sherlock jumping through the window and kissing Molly was baller as fuck. I really hope Anderson actually included that detail while telling Lestrade the story.

Moriarty and Sherlock sitting together still has me cracking up.

Top Bottom