• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sherlock Series 3 |OT| - THE Source for Fiction’s Cheekbone Fetish

Dennis

Banned
Sherlock and moriarty going in for a kiss was perhaps the biggest teeth grinding moment of our new year. Jump the shark so to speak.
That was that fan girls fan fiction.

I saw that as making fun of the shows fans. Found it pretty funny.

Such a meh opener. Too much fan service and none of the bouncy dialogue or psychological adventure that this show had in abundance. For a series that does movie length episodes and only gets extremely short seasons, that's not a great start to their latest season.

Sherlock and moriarty going in for a kiss was perhaps the biggest teeth grinding moment of our new year. Jump the shark so to speak.

I think you missed the point of the Sherlock/Moriarty thing.

And I am so, so glad this is the minority opinion, because it was amazing.

Such a meh opener. Too much fan service and none of the bouncy dialogue or psychological adventure that this show had in abundance. For a series that does movie length episodes and only gets extremely short seasons, that's not a great start to their latest season.

3AQmK.gif

Oh they got you good then.

I don't follow you, sorry... How does it matter, if Mycroft could stop them?

Well one would assume the standing order to kill everyone would still be in effect with Moriarty's and everyone that was set up to do it right then's death. So in order to prevent 'random minon number 56' from sneaking in weeks later to get a kill shot on John, they had to trick everyone.

I assume the sniper on John only missed all the stuff because he was watching John, and thus, the angle means he'd miss most of the action.

I'm straight as fuck, and do not ship anybody (other than Greg/Molly), but is it weird that I wanna see more of Moriarty/Sherlock being best buds with "a little bit more"?

John and Mary have crazy good chemistry. Good idea to cast Freeman's real-life girl.

The reveal wasn't really clever. "Meta-commentary" on it and 4th Wall Breaking, doesn't really make it any better.

Overall the episode was OK. Good character work, but the mystery wasn't up to snuff.

I'm straight as fuck, and do not ship anybody (other than Greg/Molly), but is it weird that I wanna see more of Moriarty/Sherlock being best buds with "a little bit more"?

John and Mary have crazy good chemistry. Good idea to cast Freeman's real-life girl.

The Sheriarty scenes were hilarious. They make for a great bit of fun.

Moffat and Gatiss has Amanda Abbington in mind for Mary from the start so it's no coincidence.

But...I am a diehard Sherlock/Irene & Greg/Molly fan. :p

The Sheriarty scenes were hilarious. They make for a great bit of fun.

Moffat and Gatiss has Amanda Abbington in mind for Mary from the start so it's no coincidence.

But...I am a diehard Sherlock/Irene & Greg/Molly fan. :p

Man, watching a group date with Sherlock/Irene, John/Mary, and Greg/Molly would be amazing.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I think you missed the point of the Sherlock/Moriarty thing.

And I am so, so glad this is the minority opinion, because it was amazing.

I didn't miss the point, I just didn't care at all for the joke they attempted to make. It's one thing to have clever piece of your fandom embedded in the story for your fans to make collages of on tumblr, it's another to incorporate it and make it abundantly clear that you find that level of fandom silly enough to poke at with a stick.

I just didn't appreciate it.

it also didn't really help that I wasn't enjoying the episode at all, so it was directly poking at a sore spot to begin with. It's a lot to invest an hour and a half into a television show. Especially one that I enjoyed for a specific style they delivered on for two seasons, but none of which made a special guest appearance on this latest one.

jett

D-Member
That was kind of a waste of 90 minutes almost entirely fixated on the shittacular cliffhanger from last season. Wish they had gotten it out of the way quickly instead.

The one thing I don't really understand is Anderson's meltdown at the very end. What exactly did he figure out that made him do that?

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I enjoyed some of it, but it felt too much like fan service to me, which I did not like. At least the wait for episode 2 and 3 is very short.

Erigu

Well one would assume the standing order to kill everyone would still be in effect with Moriarty's and everyone that was set up to do it right then's death. So in order to prevent 'random minon number 56' from sneaking in weeks later to get a kill shot on John, they had to trick everyone.
Even assuming there would still be minions to care about all that after Moriarty's death, if Holmes and pals could take of those killers, they didn't necessarily need to do it like that, right there and then though. Seems fairly contrived for the sake of drama...

terrible troll
I enjoyed this episode, personally, but I do think that cliffhanger (well, the previous episode overall, really) was fairly mediocre.

The one thing I don't really understand is Anderson's meltdown at the very end. What exactly did he figure out that made him do that?
That Sherlock was doing the same as the members of the club were doing - giving a fake version of the story? Or if that Anderson were to publish it, nobody would believe him after all the crackpot theories anyway?

I didn't quite get it either.

Top Bottom