• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sherlock Series 3 |OT| - THE Source for Fiction’s Cheekbone Fetish

Sherlock jumping through the window and kissing Molly was baller as fuck. I really hope Anderson actually included that detail while telling Lestrade the story.

I think it was implied, hence Lestrade yelling, "BOLLOCKS!" once Anderson finished.

Moriarty and Sherlock sitting together still has me cracking up.

I was dying during this moment, literally cracking up uncontrollably. It was fantastic. But really, they were like these preteen girls during a sleepover and I whole-heartedly accepted that.

Rewatched the episode earlier and just a couple of comments-

-The mystery aspect was weak and disjointed.
-The character aspect was absolutely perfect.

It was fun and for the first time had a welcoming atmosphere.

Pretty much how I felt after I watched the episode. Loved a lot of character stuff, but the actual story of the episode was pretty mediocre.
"A train car has gone missing! Where did it go?" Well obviously it's down there somewhere and it's not very exciting to see people look over old maps to find the obvious one.
And apparently he knew "whodunit" pretty early on (just some random government dude) so that wasn't really an exciting mystery either.

John's kidnapping was a good twist, but apparently didn't have anything to do with this episode and they kinda killed all the tension by the super slow motorcycle race. Not one fruit cart was knocked over nor pane of glass driven through!

I actually liked the different theories they had for how he faked his death though. It got way too forced with the allusions to real life with the "fan club," but I really couldn't care less about HOW he did it so it's fun for me to see them mess with people who did. :)

Joni

I thought the show jumped the shark at that start, but in the end that was the perfect start. The rest of the episode was a bit off and it is disappointing they never went into his actual way of death. You can't say we can't guess and than not actually show how he did it.

I thought the show jumped the shark at that start, but in the end that was the perfect start. The rest of the episode was a bit off and it is disappointing they never went into his actual way of death. You can't say we can't guess and than not actually show how he did it.

The way he told Anderson was the real way

Erigu

All part of Moriarty's plan to destroy Sherlock. If he didn't fake his death, the three people he cared about (John, Mrs. Hudson & Lestrade) were going to die.
The main problem I had with Sherlock's fake death was that it had to convince whoever was in charge of canceling the hits as soon as Sherlock was dead, rather than John himself. And if it was convenient enough already that John happened to show up at the right place for the trick to work, add our mystery guy (John's killer? although he would just have followed John there...) to the equation, and the whole thing becomes unmanageable.

The show's solution? Well, Mycroft just had his men physically stop the guy! Of course!
Say, if it's that simple, why not do that for the other killers as well? I mean, I would imagine they would have been even easier to locate than the one who had super quickly shadowed John there...

I know, show, "everyone's a critic", but hey.

The main problem I had with Sherlock's fake death was that it had to convince whoever was in charge of canceling the hits as soon as Sherlock was dead, rather than John himself. And if it was convenient enough already that John happened to show up at the right place for the trick to work, add our mystery guy (John's killer? although he would just have followed John there...) to the equation, and the whole thing becomes unmanageable.

The show's solution? Well, Mycroft just had his men physically stop the guy! Of course!
Say, if it's that simple, why not do that for the other killers as well? I mean, I would imagine they would have been even easier to locate than the one who had super quickly shadowed John there...

I know, show, "everyone's a critic", but hey.

...Who's to say Mycroft's men didn't do that for Mrs. Hudson and Lestrade? For those two, the one killer for Mrs. Hudson was having tea with her while Lestrade's was at NSY.

The dude at the very end of the episode.

Dude has creepy eyes.

Isn't he
Hannibal's brother?

Yes. It's CAM, or Charles Augustus Magnussen, who will be Sherlock's next adversary. And yes, he's played by Hannibal's big bro.

Prompto

Banned
Damn I missed this show. So entertaining.

And please tell me there exists a gif of dat Anderson meltdown.
WkXcDzl.gif

Best I could find.

I didn't care much for the episode. But poking fun at the conspiracy theorists was cute.

If the rest of it is going to be as silly as that I don't think I'll bother watching.
The actor who plays Lestrade is so hot.
Felt like they dumbed him down a shade compared to previous episodes.
that homeless network
I do wonder if homeless charities are going to make a statement about that particular device.

Just watched episode one of season one. Seems to be a great show. Excellent pacing and very engaging. Great chemistry between holmes and watson. Theme song sucks though. Will finish the rest of the netflix episodes tonight.

I figured out the cabbie thing from an episode of luther haha.

Just watched episode one of season one. Seems to be a great show. Excellent pacing and very engaging. Great chemistry between holmes and watson. Theme song sucks though. Will finish the rest of the netflix episodes tonight.

I figured out the cabbie thing from an episode of luther haha.

Never thought I'd hear someone complain about the theme song...

Outside of the actual explanation of how he did it
was surprised to know just how far back he'd planned the Moriarty confrontation. And to quote Moriarty, a teensy bit... disappointed. Means Moriarty was basically a suicidal moron. Ah well.

Feran

Ahh ok. I need to browse the fandom more but... it scares me sometimes. |:

But that means Molly and Greg can still be a thing... ;__;

Tugatrix

I'm pretty sure that was just him being somewhat surprised by the similarity.

why would Sherlock act so surprised? we knew Molly had a crush on him, why would he be surprise by her choosing a surrogate that look like Sherlock...

there is something else going on, i believe he saw something else.

Really funny episode. I'm not disappointed by the explanation as it seems people had their expectations that Sherlock had figured out how to escape at that moment instead of there being a careful plan from the beginning. I do think the explanation cheapens the last episode though as it was all going according to plan. The actual mystery part of the episode was lame though, but I realize they were working with limited time and didn't have the whole episode to really set up the case.

dLMN8R

Can someone remind me how the train guy and his hat got into the picture in the first place? I'd be disappointed if it was a big coincidence that Sherlock happened to get in contact with the person who had video proof of the conspiracy.

Can someone remind me how the train guy and his hat got into the picture in the first place? I'd be disappointed if it was a big coincidence that Sherlock happened to get in contact with the person who had video proof of the conspiracy.

He was a big fan of Sherlock, so he went to Sherlock with a case because of the weird footage. He left his hat at Sherlock's place while he was telling him about it. Later, on Molly's Day Out, Sherlock stops in to see the footage.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Such a meh opener. Too much fan service and none of the bouncy dialogue or psychological adventure that this show had in abundance. For a series that does movie length episodes and only gets extremely short seasons, that's not a great start to their latest season.

Sherlock and moriarty going in for a kiss was perhaps the biggest teeth grinding moment of our new year. Jump the shark so to speak.

Top Bottom