• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sherlock Series 3 |OT| - THE Source for Fiction’s Cheekbone Fetish

RedShift

So apparently not only was Watson's fiance Martin Freeman's real gf, Sherlock's parents were BC's real parents as well.

ibrfnFBdqM1pqI.gif

wow​
granuiad​
such baker​
very nurse
doge > cat​
nick clegg is bad​
likes to lie?​

So apparently not only was Watson's fiance Martin Freeman's real gf, Sherlock's parents were BC's real parents as well.

Yep.

Moffat & Gatiss had Amanda in mind when creating Mary, so it's no coincidence. As for BC's parents, there was something about his mom at least being there for filming but no one knew what for.

Another little detail I liked: Sherlock upgraded to an iPhone 5/5s this season. I like how regardless of everything else going on with him, he's got time to upgrade his phone.

Another little detail I liked: Sherlock upgraded to an iPhone 5/5s this season. I like how regardless of everything else going on with him, he's got time to upgrade his phone.

It's a 5 (they were filming before the 5s came out) and yep, they did that in S2 when he was rocking a 4.

I laughed when they showed his text during the Anderson explanation. After being used to iOS 7, I laughed at the look of iOS 6.

Well, he did throw away his phone during the rooftop scene, so might as well get the new version.

I wonder if he was thinking to himself while talking to John: "Hmm, fake my death and I'll probably be able to upgrade my phone after I clean up Moriarty's shit. Done." *tosses phone*

Another reason why Sherlock's explanation of the fall to Anderson was the real deal- it was the only one with the correct score over the top. The other two used different cues, but Sherlock's had the authentic Prepared To Do Anything from The Reichenbach Fall.

Nope.

After he leaves Anderson realizes that he was lying.

"How would you know John would stand in that exact spot? And even if it were true, I'd be the last person in the world you'd tell it to." Or something to that effect.

Isn't it possible that the taxi driver was in on it too? He might have just stopped where Sherlock told him to.

Another reason why Sherlock's explanation of the fall to Anderson was the real deal- it was the only one with the correct score over the top. The other two used different cues, but Sherlock's had the authentic Prepared To Do Anything from The Reichenbach Fall.

Really good point. Why the hell did they have him say he didn't expect Moriarty to kill himself, dammit. I just can't get past that.

You're just insane

tumblr_mytiofFRZa1sr4v44o4_500.gif

He was referring to the taxi John commandeered once he realized Mrs Hudson wasn't shot. He had to shoo away a potential passenger by claiming he was police.

Gotcha. Serves me right in forgetting about that. Actually never got around to my rewatch of the previous seasons prior to S3 so last time I bothered watching Reichenbach was maybe... Four or five months ago?

Still, considering how much of London both Holmes seem to have their personal "spies" in, I wouldn't be surprised if over half the city could be mobilized in some shape or form with a simple text.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I just marathoned the entire series to catch up. So totally worth it. 10+ hours of goodness.

Cannot wait for sunday. And then next sunday. And then the sund-- aww... now I made myself sad.

Altazor

I wonder if Sherlock complained about the lack of a physical QWERTY keyboard after upgrading his phone.

yeah, stupid question :p

I meant back at Baker Street when John yelled "POLICE!" and got the other dude away from the cab, but I suppose either way it's conceivably possible.

I actually replied to this earlier but short version: I forgot about it because I haven't seen RF in like 4-5 months.

In any case, given Sherlock & Mycroft's networks, they could feasibly mobilize a number of people with a text or something.

Linkhero1

Best thing about the episode were the fan fiction scenarios. I lost it at the Moriarty and Sherlock fan fiction. Can someone explain why Watson was kept out of the loop of Sherlock's death? I think they mentioned it in the ep but I missed it.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Best thing about the episode were the fan fiction scenarios. I lost it at the Moriarty and Sherlock fan fiction. Can someone explain why Watson was kept out of the loop of Sherlock's death? I think they mentioned it in the ep but I missed it.
He didn't trust Watson to keep the secret. You know, being a blogger and all. Plausible deniability.

Top Bottom