• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sherlock Series 3 |OT| - THE Source for Fiction’s Cheekbone Fetish

RedShift

I feel like that theory about
the man at the end being Professor James Moriarty, whose son was Jim (Jr) Moriarty
has to be true.

Which depending on how it's done could be a teensy bit... disappointing.

I feel like that theory about
the man at the end being Professor James Moriarty, whose son was Jim (Jr) Moriarty
has to be true.

Which depending on how it's done could be a teensy bit... disappointing.
It isn't. That's Charles Augustus Magnusson, King of All Blackmailers.

Best thing about the episode were the fan fiction scenarios. I lost it at the Moriarty and Sherlock fan fiction. Can someone explain why Watson was kept out of the loop of Sherlock's death? I think they mentioned it in the ep but I missed it.

The fan theory is that John's mourning was what was convincing Moriarty's network that Sherlock was really dead, and thus, stopping the kill order on Lestrade, Mrs. Hudson, and John himself. Sherlock didn't want any chance of the knowledge that he was alive making his 'mourning' less realistic.

May as well tag this.
Shame they couldn't fit the explanation into the episode smoothly. They literally just stop in their tracks at the climax, insert the explanation which is not at all relevant at that moment, and then unpause. So awkward.

Akahige

Watched the latest episode twice, I really hope the next two aren't as disappointing and I really hope the over the top meta fandom crap stops at one episode.

Watched it again.
My new theory of how Sherlock survived:
At the end John asks him how he did it. Sherlock replies that he is indestructible.
Clearly Sherlock is an immortal being! This explains how he can still be alive in modern day London even though it has been well documented that he was alive in the 19th century! Also it explains how he can solve all the cases so easily because he had already solved some variant of it 100 or so years prior.
Flawless!

Back at University, if my housemates make noise whilst I'm watching they may have to go the way of Sherlock, but without the clever escape clause...

So, will this keep up the tradition of being a crappy second episode? The synopsis makes it seems it is another very character oriented episode like the previous one.

EDIT: Ok, the teaser convinced me.

Shit I forgot I need to banish myself from the internet until later. Don't send out search parties unless I am gone until tomorrow, guys.

Tugatrix

50 minutes. I can keep updating this post every minute if you'd like.

How can that be possible when the first episode was awesome...

I love it, but it lack plot and I understand why some people dislike it.

I for myself think it was a necessary episode to make the characters grow and for that i love the first episode.

bengraven

I think the one he gave at the end was it, but then again it felt so rehearsed. Sherlock would have been congratulating himself.

Then again, considering who he's confessing to, I'm sure he was in a way gloating.

I think the one he gave at the end was it, but then again it felt so rehearsed. Sherlock would have been congratulating himself.

Then again, considering who he's confessing to, I'm sure he was in a way gloating.

He could have just been showing off to Anderson how great he was. Just like the good old days!

Yen

Maybe it's because it's been a while since I've last seen Sherlock but this episode so far and the last one have been hilarious.

Alienous

How would Sherlock
know about details like the cyclist, or that Watson took a pulse and on what arm, otherwise?

I think it was it, and the reaction was supposed to be us. "It's too simple".

Top Bottom