• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sherlock Series 3 |OT| - THE Source for Fiction’s Cheekbone Fetish

Not sure why anyone in the world (or this thread) would seek this out, but according to Amanda Abbington's twitter, the Guardian didn't get a question answered during the post-HLV screening and decided to post a spoiler filled review of the episode. So, ya know. Spoilers are out there now. Sigh.

https://twitter.com/CHIMPSINSOCKS/status/421266528156516352

Yeah, I've been treading cautiously for the most part while on tumblr while most of the people I followed basically refuse to repost.

Still, avoid the Guardian article and be cautious while searching for whatever as usual.

Quick

Banned
Not sure why anyone in the world (or this thread) would seek this out, but according to Amanda Abbington's twitter, the Guardian didn't get a question answered during the post-HLV screening and decided to post a spoiler filled review of the episode. So, ya know. Spoilers are out there now. Sigh.

Spoilers?

ibvRNHbyZlQwkk.gif

Yeah, they are crazy salty because Moffat wouldn't answer one of their questions during the Q&A. So they post spoilers as retribution instead...

I saw some people complain about a question from a jorno of The Guardian. Could you share with us the question and the replay?

It was virtually the 1st question. She identified herself as being from The Guardian and noted that while people liked The Sign of Three how did Steven respond to the fact that The Empty Hearse had been criticised for being self-indulgent and self referential. He refused to answer as he said it was obviously a question geared to allow her to write a “Steven Moffat replies to his critics” piece and that he’d seen both press and on-line reaction which had been generally favourable as she well knew.

So The Guardian have written a “Steven Moffat responds to his critics” piece breaching the BBC embargo and generally trying to do their best to spoil it for people. Nasty.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
No but I liked to think Moriarty had the upper hand for some of that episode is what I meant. I did stay until the end, I'm not a complete moron.

Sorry I didn't mean to be hostile to you. I just think it demonstrates that the show is about the mysteries more than the melodrama.

Risible

How the fuck can it almost be over? :( Seriously, it seems like it started yesterday. I can't take another two year wait, I just can't.

I've enjoyed these episodes but they've felt very lightweight. I hope the last is meaty with no ridiculous cliffhanger.

bengraven

Finally caught up with it.

Best second episode ever. We got tons of character moments (or as some people call it, "fan wank") and yet a very well done murder as well. Fantastic.

Also, I thought the scarred soldier was a red herring. When he was talking about "someone high in rank" and "someone who is hard to reach" and then I remembered that line where Mycroft said he couldn't make the wedding, I thought we were going to find out the killer was actually in Mycroft's home the entire time and he was going to get wacked.

"It wasn't him, it was..." and then Sherlock's face freezes and we see Mycroft on the floor, blood pouring from his mouth.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
I definitely agree that the The Sign of Three was great and The Empty Hearse was self-indulgent and overly self-referential, but that was a dumb question. What kind of answer was she expecting? Moffat obviously wasn't going to argue then and there against hypothetical critics to justify himself. It sounds like she was just trying to broadcast HER opinion in the guise of a question. And her response to his perfectly justified refusal to answer the question is extraordinarily petty.

I definitely agree that the The Sign of Three was great and The Empty Hearse was self-indulgent and overly self-referential, but that was a dumb question. What kind of answer was she expecting? Moffat obviously wasn't going to argue then and there against hypothetical critics to justify himself. It sounds like she was just trying to broadcast HER opinion in the guise of a question. And her response to his perfectly justified refusal to answer the question is extraordinarily petty.

Pretty much! I think Screen Splitter had it right with his reply a little ways up.

Also, glad you came around on The Sign of Three ;)

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty much! I think Screen Splitter had it right with his reply a little ways up.

Also, glad you came around on The Sign of Three ;)
It's hard not to, it was just such a fun, funny, touching episode. And the mystery was great too!

I don't think The Empty Hearse was bad. It was pretty entertaining, was really well paced and had some very funny moments. I was probably thrown because I expect greatness from the season opener after A Study in Pink in S2. Despite all my reservations it was still much better than S2's weakest (The Hounds of Baskerville), so if this last episode is as good as I think it's going to be, I think this will be the best season overall.

Qvoth

ok so i just watched the 1st episode of season 3....
can someone explain how
putting a squash ball under your armpit can stop your pulse?

ganon

Wow, what a childish thing to do. So unprofessional. I'm usually okay with spoilers, but not with season finale, and not with a show like Sherlock.

Alright, for a bit of fun, the folks at the wearsherlock tumblr is giving away the 500ml beakers that were supplied for the stag do.

Of course it's a giveaway but if you'd rather not, you can purchase said beakers as well.

So hey, if you want to recreate some fun clueing for looks, at least you can drink properly.

Alright, for a bit of fun, the folks at the wearsherlock tumblr is giving away the 500ml beakers that were supplied for the stag do.

Of course it's a giveaway but if you'd rather not, you can purchase said beakers as well.

So hey, if you want to recreate some fun clueing for looks, at least you can drink properly.

I'm personally patiently awaiting January 27th when the soundtrack comes out so I can listen to the full version of The Game Is On: Dubstep.

Speaking of Wear Sherlock...

I wanted to get Moriarty's skull tie (from Series 1).

tumblr_lqvqpdgBpb1r2aigko1_r1_500.png

These are Alexander McQueen ties. $150 a pop. Jesus. I found a knockoff online that pretty much rips the design off. Ordered it (from London)... so, hopefully, it looks decent when it gets here. Got violet skulls instead of white.

Speaking of Wear Sherlock...

I wanted to get Moriarty's skull tie (from Series 1).

tumblr_lqvqpdgBpb1r2aigko1_r1_500.png

These are Alexander McQueen ties. $150 a pop. Jesus. I found a knockoff online that pretty much rips the design off. Ordered it (from London)... so, hopefully, it looks decent when it gets here. Got violet skulls instead of white.

I have two McQueen ties actually...

This:

And this one my friend gave me, aside from the PS socks (BC was wearing it during STID promo stuff, it's navy/silver):

And not the exact one, but I also own a PS navy scarf:

EvaristeG

Banned
As much as I enjoyed both episodes they were the weakest of the whole series in my opinion. Still good, solid entertainment. Hope the final one is on par with Reichenbach Falls at least.

Tugatrix

I have two McQueen ties actually...

This:

And this one my friend gave me, aside from the PS socks (BC was wearing it during STID promo stuff, it's navy/silver):

And not the exact one, but I also own a PS navy scarf:

I don't like or use ties but I want one of those...

Top Bottom