• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sherlock Series 3 |OT| - THE Source for Fiction’s Cheekbone Fetish

nomis

Should be this:

Will steal.

CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!

7CxvnO4.gif

I don't like or use ties but I want one of those...

I'm not usually a tie person but I try to find excuses to wear mine (even at work it's a bit of a struggle since we have a casual dress code).

There's a red one I've had my eye on since Christmas that I do want next, though a new wallet will take precedence.

Edit: This tie

46311177DC_11_f.jpg

Oh right, so if people are trawling through tumblr tags for Sherlock info, proceed with caution.

There are a few users who are spoiling HLV via tags so again, be aware of whatever the hell you're clicking/searching on.

Random scarf thread? I approve.

Somewhat actually since Sherlock uses a navy Paul Smith scarf in S1. He uses a Hugo Boss one in S2 and waiting for S3 to finish airing so that the fansites can go digging for more wardrobe stuff.

They switched to Hugo Boss one for S2 because the Paul Smith one was pretty old and the only one they had so they couldn't replace it if it got damaged.

My excuse to post said scarf that I own? I can say I own a scarf like Sherlock's. :p

It's spreading.

I don't know where I can hang that's safe anymore.

Looks like I am going to have to totally banish myself.

So sorry you got spoiled. I am so tempted to ask but I won't. Tell me after.

Probably safe here as we're warning each other but yeah, they are out in the wild for sure.

So practice safe internet searching everyone.

I doubt that this is what the Guardian wrote about, without having looked. This is a massive development, presumably from towards the end of the episode, just posted willy-nilly.

GUH. :(

I doubt that this is what the Guardian wrote about, without having looked. This is a massive development, presumably from towards the end of the episode, just posted willy-nilly.

GUH. :(

The Guardian straight up spoiled HLV, as did the Mirror while there are people on twitter/tumblr/FB who are spoiling. So those could've been mentioned.

I'm pretty much avoiding FB and searching through tumblr tags right now personally.

Toa TAK

Banned
Same. Then I'm gonna just sit back and chill while watching on PBS.

Mostly waiting to preorder off iTunes so I can have the episodes on my phone and it can join S1&2.

I'm going to try and wait for the inevitable complete Blu-Ray edition with all seasons! It has to happen.

How about the long and painful wait for next season? XD

It's worth it. For me at least. Each episode is almost as long as a movie in theaters. Plus, (so far) this season has been great. I'm happy with the release schedule being like it is. You get just enough time to digest and rave over the latest episode before going into the next one. Awesome.

I'm going to try and wait for the inevitable complete Blu-Ray edition with all seasons! It has to happen.

Got the S3 bd preordered off amazon so I'm good there. I'd have gotten the CE version off the UK BBC Shop but they don't ship to the US and is exclusive to just their store. Otherwise, I'd have ordered off the American shop.

Also waiting for the S3 to be available on iTunes... Dull.

Toa TAK

Banned
Got the S3 bd preordered off amazon so I'm good there. I'd have gotten the CE version off the UK BBC Shop but they don't ship to the US and is exclusive to just their store. Otherwise, I'd have ordered off the American shop.

Also waiting for the S3 to be available on iTunes... Dull.

Wouldn't the iTunes release be after the American show airs, or is it based on the UK iTunes schedule?

Wouldn't the iTunes release be after the American show airs, or is it based on the UK iTunes schedule?

I know that the US release date for the S3 bd is February 11 (God I have so much stuff to buy that day...), so I will guess that it'll be on iTunes around that time or shortly after PBS airs HLV (which is Super Bowl Sunday lol).

The soundtrack, I believe comes out on the 27th or 28th in the UK while they get the BD/DVDs on the 20th (I think).

Just finished watching the second episode of Season 3. I was expecting the typical middle episode slump, but it turns out this was my favorite episode of the series so far. I really enjoyed the writers tackling tricky life changes between Sherlock and Watson. The writing was impeccably funny and the physical comedy by Cumberpatch was great. I'm glad this season is about the progressing relationship between Sherlock and Watson, as well as seeing some growth from Sherlock.

They really stepped up the production values compared to the previous seasons. The mystery element is driven by the character relationships this season and I'm a big fan of it. I think I prefer it to getting caught in a mystery middle episodes of the previous two seasons.

Holy moly, it's a minefield out there. I just searched for Sherlock to brush up on my wiki and top of the results was a fucking huge picture of a character and spoilerish looking headline. I looked away before I could read the text but I saw the source. FUCK YOU, DAILY MAIL! Why the hell?

Have successfully avoided anything and everything this week. No google searches or anything. Nothing on Facebook.
I work until late tomorrow, so I wont be watching until hours after it airs, so it will be easy to stay in the dark while at work.

See you all on the other side.

Have successfully avoided anything and everything this week. No google searches or anything. Nothing on Facebook.
I work until late tomorrow, so I wont be watching until hours after it airs, so it will be easy to stay in the dark while at work.

Same, I have successfully made it this far without anything hitting me. I'll be banishing myself completely from the internet sometime in the morning until I watch it sometime late tomorrow night.

DJMicLuv

Not sure if it's been mentioned in the thread yet but according to the Mirror a couple of days back shooting for season 4 will start in the summer. So we probably won't have a huge wait for new Sherlock like last time.
And with that I'm off to continue avoiding spoilers for tomorrow's show.
Tatty bye!

After everyone complaining about last week's amazing episode, they'll all see it in a different light after this week's episode. I can't wait.

Been trying to avoid being on the internet today but kinda hard so I've mostly spent today just talking with my Sherlock-obsessed friend.

Still, just one more day and then the cycle will repeat starting on the 19th on PBS.

Akahige

Just watched the 2nd episode, extremely disjointed episode. It's so disappointing to see such a great show go completely go downhill this season, I mean wtf happened did the success go the creators heads?

It's up it's own ass and it's turned into a parody.

Daft_Cat

Don't understand reactions like that at all. The second episode was funny, emotional, and fresh in all the right ways. Structurally, it was pretty ambitious, and I think it mostly pulled it off.

Just watched the 2nd episode, extremely disjointed episode. It's so disappointing to see such a great show go completely go downhill this season, I mean wtf happened did the success go the creators heads?

It got better, that's what happened. I thought - structurally and tonally - it was an absolutely wonderful ep.

Fireblend

Banned

It's up it's own ass and it's turned into a parody.
If you browse through the last couple of pages you'll see most people disagree with you. I think it was easily the best second episode of all three seasons. So yeah.. Dunno what to tell ya :/

lt519

If you browse through the last couple of pages you'll see most people disagree with you. I think it was easily the best second episode of all three seasons. So yeah.. Dunno what to tell ya :/

Yeah just finished it and enjoyed it thoroughly. Great mix of humor and character development. The mystery tied up well in the end but the ride was the enjoyable part.

Akahige

Yeah I see that, not surprised. Still have high exceptions that Moffat can put a compelling script together this week.

Demon Ice

Banned
I don't even know how to live with myself right now. New Sherlock ep later today followed by the start of Archer on Monday. The only way I could be happier is if Game of Thrones and Hannibal both randomly decide to start next week too.

I was expecting to really dislike Sign Of Three, based on reactions and the fact that E2 has been the weakest in the first 2 series, but I really, really liked it. A few scenes were a little overlong, but that's to be expected from a 90-minute show :p

I was expecting to really dislike Sign Of Three, based on reactions and the fact that E2 has been the weakest in the first 2 series, but I really, really liked it. A few scenes were a little overlong, but that's to be expected from a 90-minute show :p

Yeah, I preferred it a lot over the first episode.

Top Bottom