• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sherlock Series 3 |OT| - THE Source for Fiction’s Cheekbone Fetish

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I made a LTTP: Sherlock thread a few weeks ago. I finished the first two seasons and it was great.

I just finished the third season. While the first two episodes dealt more with Sherlock and Watson's relationship, which I'm sure dissapointed some people, I enjoyed it.

The third episode however was like fanfiction drivel. The episode was all over the place, scenes were nonsensical, and the writing was terrible.

Moriarty is back. I thought they did kill him off too early, but I at least would have hoped even in that tense situation that Sherlock checked to make sure he was still alive or not.

UrbanRats

I made a LTTP: Sherlock thread a few weeks ago. I finished the first two seasons and it was great.

I just finished the third season. While the first two episodes dealt more with Sherlock and Watson's relationship, which I'm sure dissapointed some people, I enjoyed it.

The third episode however was like fanfiction drivel. The episode was all over the place, scenes were nonsensical, and the writing was terrible.

Moriarty is back. I thought they did kill him off too early, but I at least would have hoped even in that tense situation that Sherlock checked to make sure he was still alive or not.

Moriarty doesn't have to be alive for that video to make sense:

Copycat.
Post death activated masterplan.
Moriarty's father/family member..
Mycroft or Sherlock plan to stay in the country

Etc..

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior

Moriarty doesn't have to be alive for that video to make sense:

Copycat.
Post death activated masterplan.
Moriarty's father/family member..
Mycroft or Sherlock plan to stay in the country

Etc..
If
Moriarty really is back, I look forward to all the speculation of how he pulled it off. Seeing as someone would have gotten the body off the rooftop and someone would have checked to make sure he was dead. Unlike Sherlock's situation where he supposedly had people in on the plan. Though I guess Moriarty could have pulled off the same plan, but since he was a bad guy I'm sure the actual police would have made damn sure he was dead. Else we'd have heard of his body missing.

Copycat sounds more fun. But I liked the guy who played Moriarty as much as I loved John Simm as The Master. (I miss that character and actor. I hope 12 gets to meet him again. And don't change the actor please.)

Hopefully we'll find out this year and not in two.

If
Moriarty really is back, I look forward to all the speculation of how he pulled it off. Seeing as someone would have gotten the body off the rooftop and someone would have checked to make sure he was dead. Unlike Sherlock's situation where he supposedly had people in on the plan. Though I guess Moriarty could have pulled off the same plan, but since he was a bad guy I'm sure the actual police would have made damn sure he was dead. Else we'd have heard of his body missing.

Copycat sounds more fun. But I liked the guy who played Moriarty as much as I loved John Simm as The Master. (I miss that character and actor. I hope 12 gets to meet him again. And don't change the actor please.)

Hopefully we'll find out this year and not in two.

After re-watching the scene on the roof, the part where Sherlock tells Moriarty that he needs some time, and he turns his back to him is the best opportunity Moriarty has to do something without Sherlock seeing.

Mdot

Maybe I'm an idiot, but I'm having trouble finding what channel this is on tonight in my area. Anybody in north Jersey with Comcast know? I searched in the app for the show but nothing is listed for tonight.

Chris R

Not really feeling episode one, but maybe it will grow on me when I watch it again sometime this week to prep for episode two.

Thanks PBS!

In addition to Unlocking Sherlock, it looks like iTunes also added a 30 minute special called Sherlock Uncovered: The Return.
I guess there are more specials like that to come, which would account for the big price increase over previous seasons.

In addition to Unlocking Sherlock, it looks like iTunes also added a 30 minute special called Sherlock Uncovered: The Return.
I guess there are more specials like that to come, which would account for the big price increase over previous seasons.

Sounds similar to what they did for Day of the Doctor on iTunes. I've also seen bts footage on tumblr that's from the DVD/BDs so that's probably going to be released too.

Scarecrow

On the third episode:
So, Magnus is paranoid enough to pat down the two at the start of the episode, but doesn't when inviting them to his place? Which is then his downfall as he gets shot with the gun they sneak in. Where's the logic in that?

Now to debate about just buying individual episodes, or hold off until a crazy sale on the whole package.

Totally up to you and the wallet at this point I suppose.

I decided to buy as fuck waiting until February 11th for the BD release lol. At least I can confirm that nothing's been cut for TEH as the cock line is in the iTunes version (which is obviously the DVD/BD version and not PBS' cut).

Showaddy

On the third episode:
So, Magnus is paranoid enough to pat down the two at the start of the episode, but doesn't when inviting them to his place? Which is then his downfall as he gets shot with the gun they sneak in. Where's the logic in that?

There is no logic to it, it's a pretty shoddy moment in an otherwise great episode.
By letting people know that all the info is only in his head he paints a massive target on himself, he should have at least pretended he's got a backup somewhere which would discourage people from putting a bullet through his 'mind palace'. No bothering to have John patted down is just poor writing.

Prompto

Banned
5CxNWmo.jpg

Poor Jonny Lee Miller

Memles

Is there any way to watch that TCA panel? Is it available online, even?

It is not—no TCA events are recorded. It seems weird in an age where most "panels" being livetweeted and reported on are streamed or at least recorded for posterity, but TCA is a weird, antiquated event on so many levels, such that some members of the organization would rather they not be livetweeted at all.

But if you have any questions I might be able to answer, let me know.

M.Bluth

It is not—no TCA events are recorded. It seems weird in an age where most "panels" being livetweeted and reported on are streamed or at least recorded for posterity, but TCA is a weird, antiquated event on so many levels, such that some members of the organization would rather they not be livetweeted at all.

But if you have any questions I might be able to answer, let me know.

That is really weird :/

I just enjoy watching panels for shows I like, especially when the crew is as funny. But thank you.

Symphonia

Banned
What if the new big bad is Moran using the guise of his master, Moriaty, out to scare the public and get revenge on Sherlock for the death of Moriaty? Could this be a possibility?

A lot of people really like it, though I can't say I've ever seen an episode. The Onion A|V Club put up a discussion of Elementary vs Sherlock yesterday.

Meh. My friend, after whining for months about how shows like Sherlock and Doctor Who are "tumblr bait", leads me to this article, praising a show where
Moriarty fucks Sherlock. Fuck that.

On Elementary, Holmes is engaged in the slow, painful process of accepting that those “idiots” might have something to teach him.

They literally described Season 3 of BBCLock. Idiots.

Top Bottom