• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sherlock Series 3 |OT| - THE Source for Fiction’s Cheekbone Fetish

mclem

Watched most of tonight's Death in Paradise with a nagging feeling that I recognised one of the cast but couldn't quite place them. Right near the end, I got it: Sgt Donovan! She had a Carribean accent in DiP which is why I was struggling to identify her until quite late.

Posted this in the mobile home screen thread, but here's my current wallpaper. I'll probably change it to something else eventually...

VJo7S9M.jpg

Most of my other apps are on the second page.

royalan

So, I just finished watching all the episodes thus far and...

OMG THIS SHOW IS SO GREAT AND BENEDICT IS A FANTASTIC SHERLOCK AND HANDSOME TOO AND WATSON IS SO ADORABLE AND THIS SHOW IS SO SMART AND I AM NOW OBSESSED AND POINT ME TO ALL THE SLASH. SOMEONE PLEASE POINT ME IN THE DIRECTION OF ALL THE SLASH.

...Thank you.

So, I just finished watching all the episodes thus far and...

OMG THIS SHOW IS SO GREAT AND BENEDICT IS A FANTASTIC SHERLOCK AND HANDSOME TOO AND WATSON IS SO ADORABLE AND THIS SHOW IS SO SMART AND I AM NOW OBSESSED AND POINT ME TO ALL THE SLASH. SOMEONE PLEASE POINT ME IN THE DIRECTION OF ALL THE SLASH.

...Thank you.

I know exactly how you feel.

Also,dig in and enjoy.

As with any other archive, there is going to be bad stuff, just hunt around, there's a better ratio of good to bad on AO3

VeeP

So I just finished Season 3. I'll spoiler tag this just in case:

What did Mycroft mean when he was talking about Sherlock's fate at the end of episode 3? "You know what happened to the other one" or something similar to that was said.

Is there another Holmes brother? Anyone think he is behind Moriarty's "reappearance"?

gabbo

What did Mycroft mean when he was talking about Sherlock's fate at the end of episode 3? "You know what happened to the other one" or something similar to that was said.

Is there another Holmes brother? Anyone think he is behind Moriarty's "reappearance"?

Isn't he talking about another undercover agent sent to Eastern Europe?

Isn't he talking about another undercover agent sent to Eastern Europe?

I hadn't considered that, but there were much clearer ways to say this. As it is, it sounded like he was rebutting accusations of preferential sibling treatment by referring to another sibling.

There have been lots of arguments that there would have to be a third Holmes Holmes brother, since convention at the time had the eldest son staying in the family home, which neither Sherlock nor Mycroft did. I just see the statement as a clever nod to the canon.

Well, I've done my part and told everyone to turn on PBS. :-/ Hopefully that horrendous game ends up getting more people to watch tonight.

Heh, my friends and I quit the game pretty much into the first quarter. Our "game food" was much more interesting (and delicious). Didn't have a dog in this fight anyways so I'm just killing time till PBS starts here in California.

I'll go listen to the S3 OST now for the time being.

Well, that was neat. Too bad I couldn't go anywhere on the internet without people not-so-coyly saying "
He's back!
" before the last show aired on PBS. Doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure out who you're referring to.

Locked-Shower Mystery

Unlock the front door to your mind palace, fake your death in numerous ways, and draw on a fake mustache! Season 3 of "Sherlock" is on our agenda, and we discuss all three episodes in turn. How does the introduction of Mary improve the cast dynamic? Does the middle episode sag as in past seasons, or prove to be a highlight? The game is on, Watson.

Not sure if any of you guys listen to the Incomparable, but they've done reviews of the past Sherlock series along with other stuff like Game of Thrones and Dr. Who. I'm about half way through this episode and I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

There have been lots of arguments that there would have to be a third Holmes Holmes brother, since convention at the time had the eldest son staying in the family home, which neither Sherlock nor Mycroft did. I just see the statement as a clever nod to the canon.

The original Arthur Conan Doyle stories
don't feature any third brother, though there is the thing you mentioned, the concept of one brother staying on the Holmes estate. However, Sherrinford Holmes - the name taken from unpublished, non-canon notes by Conan Doyle - has been inducted into varying levels of Holmes canon in various retellings. Given the attitude this canon takes to the lore, I wouldn't be surprised to see Sherrinford become a thing. Sherrinford was also a major part of a Doctor Who/Sherlock crossover novel written during the years Who was off the air, as part of the New Adventures line of novels both Gatiss & Moffat wrote for.

He’s aliiiiiive. I think? Is Moriarty the long game villain for the show?
I can’t really say what we’re doing with that, but there is no last-minute whim in this. We’ve had what we’re going to do with Moriarty in place from before the second season. Exactly what we’re going to do. I remember talking it through with Andrew Scott, who plays Moriarty. Wait and see what’s going to happen.

colbewartwho_moffat_colbert.gif

Have to download the latest Uncovered ep (it just made itself available for dl about 15 min ago.) but here's the US iTunes Season 3 pass if anyone was interested in seeing what's on it thus far:

3CrpinP.png

Chris R

The wait for S4 is going to be a pain! Loved the final episode, made up for the terrible premiere and decent 2nd episode. Didn't see the twist coming at all.

Also pumped that my best buddy will be back :D And maybe S2E3's ending gets a final explanation come S4E1.

I really liked the finale. Threw me for a loop multiple times. Can't wait for the next season.
although they could have ended the whole show on Sherlock flying away and I would have been satisfied

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
That is kinda odd considering there are time limits for the episodes on the BBC iplayer... Is it available for streaming via Amazon UK/Lovefilm?

Because here we have it streaming on both Amazon & Netflix.

Can't see it on LoveFilm. Netflix UK is pretty anemic. I've been browsing US Netflix via MediaHint and the selection is far better.

iTunes has lowered the season pass down to $19.99

Much better for anyone waiting. Still, I'm somewhat amused that the Uncovered specials are part of the pass and are also not on the DVD/BDs - well in Europe in any case.

Wonder if the NA release of S3 will be like the iTunes version or just like the Euro version.

Much better for anyone waiting. Still, I'm somewhat amused that the Uncovered specials are part of the pass and are also not on the DVD/BDs - well in Europe in any case.

Wonder if the NA release of S3 will be like the iTunes version or just like the Euro version.

Extras on the DVD as per the press release:

Bonus features on the Blu-ray and DVD include three exclusive behind-the-scenes featurettes:
"The Fall"
"Fans, Villains & Speculation: The Legacy of Sherlock Holmes"
"Shooting Sherlock"

I might bite on the iTunes purchase now. I was waiting for it to drop from the ludicrous $29 they were charging, and I know getting a sale like the ridiculous $13 for the first two seasons together wont come around again.

Extras on the DVD as per the press release:

I might bite on the iTunes purchase now. I was waiting for it to drop from the ludicrous $29 they were charging, and I know getting a sale like the ridiculous $13 for the first two seasons together wont come around again.

Those are the same extras as the Euro version, they didn't get the Uncovered extras as they're for Masterpiece, thus me wondering if the domestic release would get them.

And as for the iTunes price, go for it. I can safely say I have all of s1-3 on the go now, as well as the bonuses.

Btw, they're currently recording a Q&A session at one of the Apple stores in London with BC, MF, Moffat, Vertue and Amanda Abbington right now. Bloggers are livetweeting.

So some Twitter tidbits from the London Apple store Q&A today (supposedly it's going to be an apple store podcast) from BakerStBabes. Hashtag is #Applelock if searching on twitter:

- A cut scene from the stag do was John & Sherlock visiting a gay bar, with Sherlock wondering just why all the guys at the bar were topless

- BC's favorite scene was John shaving in TEH

- BC had to fight off the case of the giggles when CAM was flicking John in the face because it made a hollow sound every time it was done

- Rupert Graves (DI Greg Lestrade) would play his guitar between takes of the wedding speech

And the big one:

- They're discussing getting Season 4 officially commissioned

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
- A cut scene from the stag do was John & Sherlock visiting a gay bar, with Sherlock wondering just why all the guys at the bar were topless

I hope that's an extra on the Blu-ray.

So the Meet the Filmmaker interview from the London Apple store event is up for download. It's a video but is under podcasts. So either dl from iTunes or if you have an iPhone/iPad/iPod, use the podcast app.

Zeppu

Why are we
spoilering
what essentially are
theories/observations
about
episodes
that have actually already
aired
about
a month ago
?

Alright everyone, here's a bit of fun:

SHERLOCKED: The Official Sherlock Con

This con was just announced and is supposed to take place in both Europe and in the US in 2014. Definitely check out the link provided if interested.

Curious to see which locations they pick (as well as determine if I can feasibly go). Would love to do a meet-up if it's possible as well.

Top Bottom