• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sherlock Series 3 |OT| - THE Source for Fiction’s Cheekbone Fetish

Am I the only person that actually liked The Blind Banker? Sure, it was the weakest of series 1, but it was still a lot of fun and damn good.

Best episode ever is still Scandal in Belgravia.

Qvoth

devastating?
guess they're going to kill martin freeman

edit: too drastic, i think it's going to be the landlord lady

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Those that know the canon already suspect someone will die.

Which means they'll change it up and somehow make it even worse.

oCf0HX0.png

mclem

Oh right, the Emmys. Already know the outcome (since it was announced a few weeks ago) but still congrats to the team for the win.

The ones a few weeks ago were the technical ones. These awards are the more conventional Emmys.

Given Moffat was in London on Saturday for a live streamed Doctor Who Q&A, and that was pretty much straight after the whistle-stop world tour... to have then had to cart off to LA to give a speech there... poor guy must be knackered!

I bet dollars to donuts that this has something to do with Watson's wife and his unborn child. Either it will be a miscarriage or a death. This will lead to a very dark Watson and it's going to be Sherlock who has to be his morality chain which would be an inversion from the previous 3 seasons.

I bet dollars to donuts that this has something to do with Watson's wife and his unborn child. Either it will be a miscarriage or a death. This will lead to a very dark Watson and it's going to be Sherlock who has to be his morality chain which would be an inversion from the previous 3 seasons.

Precisely. Oh man, it's gonna be amazing.

It might be two things:

1) Emmy voters finally rewarded the show for how awesome it has been from the start.

2) The first two episodes of series 3 were weaker compared to series 2, but episode 3 was so awesome it skewed their perspective.

I'm not fond of S1 & S2 Ep 2's,but I liked S3's so I Iike it more as a whole, while I feel the previous series Ep1 & 3 were much stronger.

The ones a few weeks ago were the technical ones. These awards are the more conventional Emmys.

As I said, I already knew of the technical award outcome so even hearing of the other wins yesterday, particularly for Ben and Martin, was nice, I still tip my hat to the team as a whole for all the wins. The Sherlock team itself is a fine example of when everything clicks together.

That said, I was more impressed with the technical side and music of S3 as a whole compared to the previous series so it was nice to see them being rewarded. Acting-wise, there were moments in HLV that I thought Martin hammed up a few scenes but was quite strong as a whole in the episode. Ben was really uneven for me in the episode until the moment Sherlock was shot and then he was absolutely on point after that.

Those that know the canon already suspect someone will die.

Which means they'll change it up and somehow make it even worse.

True, but that doesn't make anything better.

Still, spare Lestrade and Molly Mofftiss, I beg you please.

Series 3 special edition DVD/Blu-Ray to be released in November, featuring series 2 and 3 outtakes, commentaries, deleted scene and more.

http://www.cultbox.co.uk/news/headlines/sherlock-series-3-special-edition-dvd-details-announced

I absolutely hate the fact that I will probably bend over and buy this... I really want the commentaries as those were the best parts from S1 & S2 but the outtakes will be gold.

Oh and actually owning MHP is nice too.

/sigh

Edit:

For all of us with NA DVD players or are in Region A for blu-ray, here's the ultimate collector's set off BBC America's store.

At this time, I probably won't get it but for the ultimate fan, it'll probably make a nice Christmas present.

I definitely want the Blu-ray, but not that expensive gift set.

Funny enough, I keep trying to find out if the NA set is getting Many Happy Returns but I can't find anything in the PR about it... Kinda odd really.

Friend has the UK version of the special edition on order for me (along with her copy of the dvd as well).

I just want outtakes and commentary really, MHR is the bonus for me.

Had a bit of fun contacting BBC America regarding if Many Happy Returns will be in the US set and yeah, they said it will be there.

So while I won't buy the LE (the busts are kinda creepy tbh), I just want a regular release of the S3 bd.

And please, I know they have the blooper of Ben tripping over the bedsheet and falling, but I need the one of Rupert tripping over the bucket as well - both of those were mentioned in the commentary for ASiB.

So I just finished watching The Empty Hearse. Overall this has been a pretty underwhelming series. Middle episode of the first two seasons are just complete trash and there's so much wrong in the good episodes that it has affected my enjoyment of what's done right.

Anyway that's not really why I'm here. There's is something that puzzles me in
the Reichenbach/Hearse storyline. Am I the only one who doesn't understand, not how (the multiple solutions were a great way to handle the "how" by the way) but WHY did Sherlock fake his death?

I. Just. Don't. Get. It.

At all. What was the point? Will it made it clear further down the 3rd season (a simple yes will suffice in that case). If not what am I missing? Is that supposed to be obvious? Because it sure doesn't make any sense whatsoever to me.

I'm strangely attracted to Molly.

Amzin

So I just finished watching The Empty Hearse. Overall this has been a pretty underwhelming series. Middle episode of the first two seasons are just complete trash and there's so much wrong in the good episodes that it has affected my enjoyment of what's done right.

Anyway that's not really why I'm here. There's is something that puzzles me in
the Reichenbach/Hearse storyline. Am I the only one who doesn't understand, not how (the multiple solutions were a great way to handle the "how" by the way) but WHY did Sherlock fake his death?

I. Just. Don't. Get. It.

At all. What was the point? Will it made it clear further down the 3rd season (a simple yes will suffice in that case). If not what am I missing? Is that supposed to be obvious? Because it sure doesn't make any sense whatsoever to me.

I'm strangely attracted to Molly.

I don't frequent this thread so maybe I'm actually wrong, but seemed obvious to me:
Moriarty said Watson and others Sherlock knows will be killed unless Sherlock kills himself. So there's two possibilities: He fakes his death firstly to take the heat off his friends until the hit can be removed/assassins apprehended, OR the hits/assassins were already under control so he fakes it for the very reason that he said, so that he can work as an unknown to dismantle Moriarty's network.

The second reason is actually the reason given in the original novels, for what it's worth

Jarmel

Banned
I guess it comes from the same kind of people who thought the finale to True Dick S1 should've been Rust and Marty driving to Innsmouth to stop the summoning of Cthulhu by Louisianian Pedophiles.

Not going to lie, that sounds more interesting than what we got.

I would be down for that. It would tie in really well to that previous scene in the drug house.

I don't frequent this thread so maybe I'm actually wrong, but seemed obvious to me:
Moriarty said Watson and others Sherlock knows will be killed unless Sherlock kills himself. So there's two possibilities: He fakes his death firstly to take the heat off his friends until the hit can be removed/assassins apprehended, OR the hits/assassins were already under control so he fakes it for the very reason that he said, so that he can work as an unknown to dismantle Moriarty's network.

The second reason is actually the reason given in the original novels, for what it's worth

That's what I thought I was meant to understand alright but:

1) Wasn't the sniper aiming at Watson already taken care of by Mycroft's own sniper anyway?

If Moriarty's people were supposed to witness Sherlock's death in order for the hits on his friends to be called off then they were right there when he fell. Therefore they necessarily saw that he faked his death since - whatever the scenario - the fake death had to be staged in plain sight except to Watson's eyes...

2) And if so...

- the sheer number of people who participated or witnessed the event would ensure that Moriarty's people would necessarily know that Holmes wasn't dead.

- why exactly was such an elaborate scheme set up only for Watson's benefit? Am I supposed to believe that if Watson thought Holmes were dead then it would somehow make it believable for everyone else despite the dozens of people who know it isn't so, including the very person (Moriartys') who were supposed to check this very fact?

Season 3 redeemed the series! All solid episodes from S2e3 until the end of the third season.

Well save from the fact that
Sherlock faking his death still makes zero sense.

And hardly enough Molly. Lars Mikkelsen was a nice surprise.

Season 3 redeemed the series! All solid episodes from S2e3 until the end of the third season.

Well save from the fact that
Sherlock faking his death still makes zero sense.

And hardly enough Molly. Lars Mikkelsen was a nice surprise.

Series 3 definitely seems to be quite divisive but glad you enjoyed it.

Molly will always the the bestie that you never knew you wanted but always needed by your side. Glad Sherlock realized that in the end, as she was a part of his mind palace in HLV.

Lars Mikkelsen was perfect for CAM, though I wish he was utilized more despite the fact he did feature in every episode.

Sherlock faking his death... We can agree to disagree but it makes perfect sense as it pulls from both The Final Problem and The Empty House stories. Not to mention that it's to save the three people he cares about most on a basic level.

CAM creeping people out proper is amazing, though I get why they cut the scene (despite it fitting into the ep would've been awesome).

The bloopers, on the other hand, those are all gold. More amused though that Mark and Martin laughed when Ben fell after tripping on the sheet, the cast and crew were worried about Rupert tripping over the bucket and falling down the stairs.

Looking forward to getting my copy of the Sherlock Chronicles from Amazon UK soon as well.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
They should release deleted footage from all three seasons. That's too much of a tease of the other scenes they've cut.

Okay, they just released a deleted scene from series three and HOLY SHIT I am so glad Sherlock killed CAM.

http://youtu.be/fNpCm1y1xEk

Trigger warning for OMFG CREEPY

sAhoGpE.gif

I just watched this, do we know who "W" is that sent him the single rose? I have some guesses:

Watson - either of them, more likely Mary because John would have sent a whole bouquet
The Woman - Irene Adler's Dominatrix handle. I couldn't quite make out the logo on the card but it seemed her style
My personal favorite: The card is upside down. It's actually M.... for Moriarty.

I just watched this, do we know who "W" is that sent him the single rose? I have some guesses:

Watson - either of them, more likely Mary because John would have sent a whole bouquet
The Woman - Irene Adler's Dominatrix handle. I couldn't quite make out the logo on the card but it seemed her style
My personal favorite: The card is upside down. It's actually M.... for Moriarty.

It was confirmed by Arwel Atm Jones that the rose was from Irene. And if you were wondering who that is, he's the Production Designer for the series.

caesar

Banned
CAM is better than Moriarty in my opinion. Moriarty reminds me of Simm's master in Dr. Who. Just hamming it up why too much and sort of cheapenig the character by randomly shouting. Although then again, could be the fact that Moffat had a hand in writing both.

CAM is better than Moriarty in my opinion. Moriarty reminds me of Simm's master in Dr. Who. Just hamming it up why too much and sort of cheapenig the character by randomly shouting. Although then again, could be the fact that Moffat had a hand in writing both.

Moffat didn't write for Simm's version of The Master. That was all Russell T Davies.

I was looking for reassurance here! Hahaha.

It does seem like the most flimsily sourced story ever, but I could see disagreement on filming schedules being a reason for Marvel taking so long to announce this (supposedly) done deal.

berzeli

Banned
Mark Gatiss on Sherlock series 4: “You can expect tragedy as well as adventure" (note: contains possible spoilers)

Oh, goody.

The article unfortunately doesn't contain any new information with regards to air date. And on a tangential note, BBC three is doing reruns of Sherlock but I don't think that they will attach anything new to it as they did with the rerun of series 1-2 on BBC one. (I could misremember the part of attaching a trailer to a rerun though and I can't find it mentioned online, am I imagining things?)

Mark Gatiss on Sherlock series 4: “You can expect tragedy as well as adventure" (note: contains possible spoilers)

Oh, goody.

The article unfortunately doesn't contain any new information with regards to air date. And on a tangential note, BBC three is doing reruns of Sherlock but I don't think that they will attach anything new to it as they did with the rerun of series 1-2 on BBC one. (I could misremember the part of attaching a trailer to a rerun though and I can't find it mentioned online, am I imagining things?)

Sounds great! I'm still utterly terrified of Doctor Strange screwing everything up.

I never watched this show until about a week ago. I flew through all 3 seasons since then and would consider myelf a huge fan of the series now. I was really dissapointed when I saw the potential release dates for series 4, I don't know how all of you that have stuck with it since 2010 have been able to wait between seasons. So good, I totally understand the obsession now Fiction.

I never watched this show until about a week ago. I flew through all 3 seasons since then and would consider myelf a huge fan of the series now. I was really dissapointed when I saw the potential release dates for series 4, I don't know how all of you that have stuck with it since 2010 have been able to wait between seasons. So good, I totally understand the obsession now Fiction.

I've consoled myself with meeting up with fellow fans and connecting through tumblr strangely. Chatting here too in this thread has been great fun as well.

Top Bottom