• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei Community Thread: Be Your True Demon

Teknoman

Isnt there an SMT 2 iOS release as well? Surprised that hasnt been localized yet.

On that note, I still have so much SMT universe stuff to finish...

Shun

The Dark Souls of Fire Emblem.

I've been going on a media blackout on the game, was it stated by the development blog that it will be unforgiving? Sorry I don't really understand the joke.

Both Shin Megami Tensei and Fire Emblem have been known for their higher difficulty.

Trying to find something funny but won't turn people off from the game.

I tried asking for Fire Emblem if suggestions and I didn't get any help at all so... hoping SMT community can help for #FE!

spiritfox

I've been going on a media blackout on the game, was it stated by the development blog that it will be unforgiving? Sorry I don't really understand the joke.

Both Shin Megami Tensei and Fire Emblem have been known for their higher difficulty.

I tried asking for Fire Emblem if suggestions and I didn't get any help at all so... hoping SMT community can help for #FE!

Sorry, it's an SMTIV joke.

I haven't been following #FE that much so I can't really tell you anything other than it has idols and Performas.

Shun

Sorry, it's an SMTIV joke.

I haven't been following #FE that much so I can't really tell you anything other than it has idols and Performas.

Sorry I didn't follow this message board when SMTIV came out.

It wasn't that hard tho, just a minor spike during the first boss or two.

Also is the PokeLeague dead? I kinda wish it was still going.

randomkid

#fe is not a shin megami tensei game, please stay on topic

:(

Seda

Did you try asking the Fire Emblem Community Thread? Pretty sure some people in there are keeping tabs on #FE.

#fe is not a shin megami tensei game, please stay on topic

:(

lol

spiritfox

Sorry I didn't follow this message board when SMTIV came out.

It wasn't that hard tho, just a minor spike during the first boss or two.

Also is the PokeLeague dead? I kinda wish it was still going.

There was a review calling SMTIV "The Dark Souls of Persona", which then became the subtitle for the OT. It just became sort of an in joke I guess. For #FE I think mentioning it was SMTxFE might be good.

Nobody was interested in reviving it when ORAS came out, so i guess so. It's kinda tough when most people play Pokemon only when a game comes out anyway.

randomkid

Isnt there an SMT 2 iOS release as well? Surprised that hasnt been localized yet.

On that note, I still have so much SMT universe stuff to finish...

smt2 mobile USA is "at the bottom of the priority list" because we failed the test, please look forward to dungeon travelers 3 tho probably!

http://www.godisageek.com/2015/08/atlus-usa-interview/

(please note as the one superfan of legend of legacy i'm not actually as bitter as these posts make me sound, keep on doing your thing atlus usa)

Teknoman

There was a review calling SMTIV "The Dark Souls of Persona", which then became the subtitle for the OT. It just became sort of an in joke I guess. For #FE I think mentioning it was SMTxFE might be good.

Nobody was interested in reviving it when ORAS came out, so i guess so. It's kinda tough when most people play Pokemon only when a game comes out anyway.

Honestly after spending so much time in X/Y, ORAS just had me on burn out mode. But that always happens to me with a region remake or third version. Except HG/SS heh.

That and I didnt have as much time to actually train / no more time for local battles at the time.

smt2 mobile USA is "at the bottom of the priority list" because we failed the test, please look forward to dungeon travelers 3 tho probably!

http://www.godisageek.com/2015/08/atlus-usa-interview/

(please note as the one superfan of legend of legacy i'm not actually as bitter as these posts make me sound, keep on doing your thing atlus usa)

lol well yeah at least Legacy made it over in that case.

Hylian7

https://twitter.com/famitsu/status/666541932382846976

CUAIWxzUwAEdN6G.jpg:large

Isabeau confirmed.

Hylian7

hTBSwDe.jpg

What looks like another new charecter in this screen too.
The one on the far right? We have seen her before.

I can't find the picture at the moment, but (SMT4 spoilers):
There were pictures of each companion in a background relevant to them, purple mask girl was shown in Tsukiji Hwongji, the Ring of Gaea headquarters. White robe priest guy was in the Samurai Station in Mikade. Young yellow robe guy was at the base of the tower into the firmament.

Long story short purple mask girl is probably affiliated with the Ring of Gaea.

I'm glad Isabeau is in, I really like her.
I remember discussing the way both stories are connected at lenght a while back but now I'm fuzzy on the details.
The game follows the neutral path up until the point before you fight Lucifer and Merkabah which is when Krishna intervenes and the story diverges right?

http://gematsu.com/2015/11/shin-megami-tensei-iv-final-adds-shin-megami-tensei-iv-cast

Walter and Jonathan are back too.

I'm glad Isabeau is in, I really like her.
I remember discussing the way both stories are connected at lenght a while back but now I'm fuzzy on the details.
The game follows the neutral path up until the point before you fight Lucifer and Merkabah which is when Krishna intervenes and the story diverges right?

We don't know exactly which path it diverges from, just that the war between Lucifer and Merkabah is interrupted by Krishna.

Battlechili

Banned
I'm so looking forward to SMT IV: Final. I'm just a little concerned...Will I need to have played the first SMT IV in order to understand and enjoy it? Or do we not know yet. Admittedly I haven't played IV yet, but now Final is looking good and honestly interests me more than the first IV.

I'm so looking forward to SMT IV: Final. I'm just a little concerned...Will I need to have played the first SMT IV in order to understand and enjoy it? Or do we not know yet. Admittedly I haven't played IV yet, but now Final is looking good and honestly interests me more than the first IV.

You definitely should play IV first, yeah.

Tizoc

Anyone got that fan comic of SMT4 Jonathan casting Bufu only to Smirk the enemy demon?

BTW is Smirking back in SMT4F?
Cuz I need an excuse ot have the subtitle be 'I clinch my buttocks whenever a demon smirks'

http://gematsu.com/2015/11/shin-megami-tensei-iv-final-adds-shin-megami-tensei-iv-cast

Walter and Jonathan are back too.

We don't know exactly which path it diverges from, just that the war between Lucifer and Merkabah is interrupted by Krishna.

If Isabeau is alive and trying to save Flinn then the neutral path makes sense, though it depends on the point of the story. I know we have people ressurecting in this game but I really hope they don't do that with Isabeau.

Shun

幻影異聞録#FE/ Genei Ibunroku #FE Import | SMT + Fire Emblem's new spinoff Performa

Tsucchan and Shicchan Aims To Be #1 Idol!

This title okay? Or you got another suggestion?

Got back to SMT IV after a year and a half or so hiatus. My first SMT game, by the way. I left it when I was at around 9 hours, right now I have about 20 hours clocked into it, and I think I have moved the story forward significantly. I am a bit lost, however. The only place I can go in that I haven't cleared is a demon domain with a nasty-ass Lv 70something that wipes my party with an extravaganza of Maziodynes. I keep stumbling between different demon parties without really knowing what to look in them except the immediate objective of surviving the next fight. Same goes for demon fusing, demon whispering and stat points when leveling up.

The game is still amazing and fun, though. It's just that even though I have played through a big chunk of it, I still don't feel like I am in control, nor I feel like I really know what I am doing with my playthrough. I feel like I will eventually corner myself into a demon party or stat distribution that will utterly screw me up when the game gets into its final battles.

NeonZ

Got back to SMT IV after a year and a half or so hiatus. My first SMT game, by the way. I left it when I was at around 9 hours, right now I have about 20 hours clocked into it, and I think I have moved the story forward significantly. I am a bit lost, however. The only place I can go in that I haven't cleared is a demon domain with a nasty-ass Lv 70something that wipes my party with an extravaganza of Maziodynes.

What's your current main story quest and what's the last city you got to?

What's your current main story quest and what's the last city you got to?
I am at the
Shinjuku
region, my main quest is still to
capture the black samurai
and the last burroughs note says I need to do something about
the thing with the corpses.

I have the feeling I am about to discover I haven't progressed jack shit or something like that. As my 60 hour, still-at-Novigrad Witcher 3 romp shows, I am not exactly a speedrunner.

I am at the
Shinjuku
region, my main quest is still to
capture the black samurai
and the last burroughs note says I need to do something about
the thing with the corpses.

I have the feeling I am about to discover I haven't progressed jack shit or something like that. As my 60 hour, still-at-Novigrad Witcher 3 romp shows, I am not exactly a speedrunner.

I think the
corpse quest
was in an aboveground area of Shinjuku that wasn't the world map. Different set of stairs than you come into Shinjuku's underground on. Did you find that area? You should be able to accept the quest and then go there and hunt down the red demons.

I think the
corpse quest
was in an aboveground area of Shinjuku that wasn't the world map. Different set of stairs than you come into Shinjuku's underground on. Did you find that area? You should be able to accept the quest and then go there and hunt down the red demons.
Whoa. I don't think I have found that area yet. I'll check it out tonight. I did a challenge mission that apparently allowed me to craft a new demon, I didn't know there could be rewards like that. I wonder how much I missed by stumbling around in the dark up until now.

Whoa. I don't think I have found that area yet. I'll check it out tonight. I did a challenge mission that apparently allowed me to craft a new demon, I didn't know there could be rewards like that. I wonder how much I missed by stumbling around in the dark up until now.

Aboveground Shinjuku is accessed from the Shinjuku underground. I just feel like my post didn't make that clear, so I wanted to clarify.

Fevaweva

So I have some how lucked my way into doing the
Neutral Path

I am regretting it immensely. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy playing the game still...it is just the fact that you have to finish
every single side quest
that is fucking me up.

There is one in particular where you have to kill the demon
Beelzebub
and it is the hardest boss I have faced so far. He gives all your party sickness so they miss more, he Megodilians (or whatever it is called) repeatedly when he gets low, or if you cast that reflect physical damage spell, and then to top it all off, when he is about to die he casts Death's Door which reduces ALL of your party's health to 1hp and then casts some Megodillian bullshit that kills everyone and there is NOTHING you can do about it.

I have read that the spell Salvation, which heals and cures all ailments, is almost essential. But as far as I can work out, I have no means of getting it. Fucking hell.

So I have some how lucked my way into doing the
Neutral Path

I am regretting it immensely. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy playing the game still...it is just the fact that you have to finish
every single side quest
that is fucking me up.

There is one in particular where you have to kill the demon
Beelzebub
and it is the hardest boss I have faced so far. He gives all your party sickness so they miss more, he Megodilians (or whatever it is called) repeatedly when he gets low, or if you cast that reflect physical damage spell, and then to top it all off, when he is about to die he casts Death's Door which reduces ALL of your party's health to 1hp and then casts some Megodillian bullshit that kills everyone and there is NOTHING you can do about it.

I have read that the spell Salvation, which heals and cures all ailments, is almost essential. But as far as I can work out, I have no means of getting it. Fucking hell.

Beelzebub
in Nocturne is even worse.

Can you not fuse Mahamayuri? Easiest Salvation access.

NeonZ

Waaaaaaaiiiit a minute. I don't? I thought I had to do all the side quests? At least that it is what I heard.

No, it's only some quests, not all of them.

apparently this is the list

Eggs for One Hundred
I Want to Make the City Bright
Deliver the Film
Samurai and Hunters United
Hunter Tournament Prelims
Phantom of Madness
Shelter Inspection
Ikebukuro Free District
Demon Guarding the Shrine
Hunter Tournament Finals
Serial Kidnapping + Arson
I Will Give You My Black Card
The Great Drunkenness
Take A Picture of Ginza for Me
Rebirth of the Lady
Multi-Demon Fusion
Mysterious Story of Tennozu
Tokyo Cosmos

Fevaweva

No, it's only some quests, not all of them.

apparently this is the list

Unless they are ones that can be cancelled by not doing them when you leave the
alternate Tokyos
the only quest(s) I have left to do is the training missions and the one where you have to find the
two smart phones
. And I still am not
Number One

What the hell is going on?!

EDIT: Oh thanks for the advice about getting that demon with Salvation. I did that shit in one go once I got her. It was amazing!

NeonZ

Unless they are ones that can be cancelled by not doing them when you leave the
alternate Tokyos
the only quest(s) I have left to do is the training missions and the one where you have to find the
two smart phones
. And I still am not
Number One

What the hell is going on?!

Did you get and finish all 3 camera quests? You get the later two from talking with npcs, not from the hunter association.

Teknoman

I like dungeon crawlers, SMT, and by extension Persona...but Persona Q is wearing thin on me now. Maybe its because I know i've got other 3DS games waiting on me or its because I havent played another 3DS game since Persona Q hit...but after 70+ hours, Im just ready for something else.

I guess the fact that the story isnt that interesting is part of the problem. This Inaba Pride dungeon has some pretty cool music though.

Top Bottom