• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| The Dark Souls of Persona

Fireblend

Banned
Since I have no experience with the series, I resorted to an anagram generator for possible OT titles using Shin Megami Tensei, which resulted in some interesting results:

Meanie Mightiness
Meanie Theism Sign
Meanies Ingest Him
Seamen Ignites Him
Geisha Mime Tennis
Imagine Them Sines
Aegis She Imminent

All of those would fool people into believing this is a Square-Enix game though.

CronoShot

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| The Last Samurai
Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| I challenge you to a duel
Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| No it isn't like Persona stop asking
Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| Seriously, get Fire Emblem too

Soulhouf

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| Charon *laughs*
Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| Archangel Henshin
Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| Kaneko defeated

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| Samurai Jack

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| Alignment Change

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| Topic Summoning Program

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| Demons are tools not friends

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| No Woman's Land

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| Luxuror's are Jerks

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| Lawful good is Awful Good

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| Become a Sah-moo-rye

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| The Gauntlet

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| Change the World

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| Bushido Blade

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| Just a Everyday RPG

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| Not a Persona Game

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| No 3D battles

These all suck

So I just listened to some of the audio tracks from this game... and woah. Amazing stuff. Just bought Fire Emblem to prepare for this as well. I want my $30 credit. I'm so hyped now.

Varshes

WfVwXUll.jpg

Lookin' good!

Hmm I think this game in combination with the fire emblem deal will accelerate me buying a 3ds.... My original "deadline" was "before pokemon" but "by the end of august" would speed it up a month or so.

aravuus

Thanks for the very useful region lock Nintendo, I could be playing this in a week :(

Goddamn it, is there a reason we still don't know the EU release date? I haven't been following the news much but I really want some new JRPGs to play.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I fully expect this game to get terrible reviews. It seems from the previews I've seen, that most reviewers can't take the challenge haha. I also fully expect this to be my GOTY.

Scrawnton

I just succumbed to the $30 deal... I downloaded fire emblem at launch and heard about the deal and looked in to SMT4... I played persona 4 golden and LOVED IT! I also played SMT Nocturne on ps2 in highschool back in 2004 and had a blast with it. I decided this would be a great summer game for 3ds.... I also realized its not like i WASNT gonna spend $30 on my 3ds again soon anyway. Now I will get Mario and Luigi Dream Team in august when its released in america....

I am looking forward to this game and how everything plays out. I just hope the spell names are the same as they were in P4G, I do not want to relearn the SMT magic names again...

oh, and here is my submission for the OT name

SMTIV |OT| Not a High School Sim

Goby

Banned
Also many reviewers are complaining about difficulty but I thought people said that this game was absurdly easy for SMT.

Cactus

Banned
Also many reviewers are complaining about difficulty but I thought people said that this game was absurdly easy for SMT.

People like to exaggerate. Based on the impressions I've read, series veterans will probably find it easier than Nocturne, but the game will still crush everybody else until they familiarize themselves with the systems.

Despera

Banned
Apparently IGN is going to give it a terrible score

But still game reviews are fun lol
Their preview back in May was pretty damn positive...

On many levels, SMT4 brings MegaTen business as usual to the 3DS. Yet between its intriguingly mysterious storyline, its striking visuals, and a portable-friendly, mission-driven structure, it also promises to push the series forward without compromising its essential excellence. Unusually for an Atlus-developed title, SMT4 will be arriving in the U.S. quite quickly after its Japanese release. The Western version, complete with localized text and fully-voiced story sequences, is barely more than two months away: July 16. The 3DS has come into its own as an RPG powerhouse this year, and SMT4 should continue that streak.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Their preview back in May was pretty damn positive...

Except Parish ain't at IGN anymore. I fully expect someone to eventually tear the game apart in review while saying something like: "It lacks the soul of Persona 4 LOL!" and I expect that person to work at IGN haha

nron10

Neo Member
I know I can vouch for the NWR review by saying that our reviewer was a relative MegaTen newcomer. The easy mode's perfect for folks who aren't that experienced with MegaTen games, and the normal mode, as near as I can tell, is a pretty good and fair challenge for people who want something harder or have MegaTen experience.

Really looking forward to this game. Been waiting for a main SMT entry for quite a while (they skipped a whole gen!). Pre ordered and ready to rock it out next week. Great OT.

Goby

Banned
https://twitter.com/MitchyD/status/354998610577985536

"I love Persona (the only SMT games I've ever played, for reference) but felt like SMT4 missed everything I loved about those"

Guy reviewing it apparently for IGN

lol

Another tweet said he only played 2 hours. Is that all you need for a review?

I mean I just look at reviews as fun anyway becasue I never trust game site reviews especially with all the shadyness and their more casual palate but still that's pretty bad.

Frost_Ace

https://twitter.com/MitchyD/status/354998610577985536

"I love Persona (the only SMT games I've ever played, for reference) but felt like SMT4 missed everything I loved about those"

Guy reviewing it apparently for IGN

lol

Another tweet said he only played 2 hours. Is that all you need for a review?

I mean I just look at reviews as fun anyway becasue I never trust game site reviews especially with all the shadyness and their more casual palate but still that's pretty bad.

Oh God the response of that tweet...SMH.

Goby

Banned
Oh God the response of that tweet...SMH.

Yeah it's pretty depressing

I just don't get how a "serious" review site can only play a RPG for 2 hours and base it off that. I mean RPG's especially always take time to start.

I mean if you didn't like it fine but holy hell 2 hours is not long enough to review any game.

Top Bottom