• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| The Dark Souls of Persona

Watashiwa

How long do they take to transform? I am level 13 or 12 right now I think. I don't want to overlevel.

Uh... Well, I think Gremlin transforms pretty quickly after learning all his skills. It might be a level or two after?

And believe me, overleveling will be the least of your problems once you get out of the tower.

Haha, one of the last bosses in Soul Hackers is just a regular enemy here.

I saw him in some promo materials, so I wasn't very surprised, except at how early you got him. No, what made me choke was
freaking Beldr as a normal fusion
. His gun weakness cracked me right up.

Uh... Well, I think Gremlin transforms pretty quickly after learning all his skills. It might be a level or two after?

And believe me, overleveling will be the least of your problems once you get out of the tower.

Ok. I shall try to catch me a Gremlin. You said it is the floor right above the boss? I'll also see if I can get some appropriate resisting armor.

Vamphuntr

I didn't progress much in the plot today. I spent most of the time farming relics for the 170 000 Macca required to open all the doors/get all the cards in
Ginza
. It's worth it since the areas unlocked mostly give 4-5 stars relic and you can make 50k easily each time the relics respawn in the area.

Seems like the damage cap is 999. As I've got that number twice when attacking a boss. Maybe there is a skill to go over it.

Anyone know of any Force demons around level 14? Trying to prepare for
Medusa
, and all I've got is a level 14 Bifrons with Zan. I could fuse Naga and Tam Lin to get a Shiisaa, but Shiisaa has Mazan and he only has enough MP to use it for like four turns.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Mild Early Spoilers?

Did anyone actually name the transport station different than the default "Mikado". I was thinking about calling it "Home", but I might just keep it Mikado.

Also why does it look like The Cerebro Room?
KuGsj.gif

Anyone know of any Force demons around level 14? Trying to prepare for
Medusa
, and all I've got is a level 14 Bifrons with Zan. I could fuse Naga and Tam Lin to get a Shiisaa, but Shiisaa has Mazan and he only has enough MP to use it for like four turns.

Four turns is pretty damn decent especially if you have another Zan user.

Roubjon

So there is no point in ever putting points in STR if you want to do a physical build? Just shove them all into the DEX stat, right?

brinstar

Mild Early Spoilers

Did anyone actually name the transport station different than the default "Mikado". I was thinking about calling it "Home", but I might just keep it Mikado.

Also why does it look like The Cerebro Room?
KuGsj.gif

I called it Nocturne :p

Four turns is pretty damn decent especially if you have another Zan user.

Sorry, I mean four times. I believe he has 45 MP and Mazan is 10 MP? And knowing the kind of stuff
Medusa
does, at least one of my Zan users will probably get knocked out from the first enemy turn.

Goby

Banned
They can stay on portables but I still hope the next one gets a real budget.

Lack of 3D models is disappointing but it's most notable in the Strange Journey style town conversation sprites and lack of animations in the cutscenes which are also compressed to hell and back.

To me it feels almost cheaper than Strange Journey because of the mix of 3D and 2D.

Wow stay wrong son.

SJ was good man that game was low budget.

Cutscenes could be better. Fire Emblem Awakening style cutscenes would be awesome.

domain demon question

How did you guys tackle deemon-ho? strange journey jack frost? Given one failed attempt, I see tactics of lowering his aim, upping our agi and blasting him with mag will be the trick. I don't think he has elemental weaknesses. I know he has resistance to phys & fire.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Early Spoilers

In the rest of the SMT universe has there ever been a case of
humans turning into demons? Demi-Fiend doesn't count since he technically merged with a magatama, retaining his human side in a demon powered body.

Eusis

In the rest of the SMT universe has there ever been a case of humans turning into demons? Demi-Fiend doesn't count since he technically merged with a magatama, retaining his human side in a demon powered body.
Edited that just in case, but
in SMT1 the chaos hero fused himself with a demon, and when you think about it that same stuff happened with most of the other humans who survived in SMT:N.

Almost 35 hours in, more spoilers below.
Locked onto Neutral barely; I reloaded the save just before out of curiosity, and telling the White I wanted to preserve order put me into Law, upending the status quo into Neutral. I'm hovering around rank 4-5 on the leaderboard, but not having discovered areas like Tennozu, Toyosu, etc. and running around talking to everybody is definitely slowing me down. Alongside that and the leveling grinding to a complete halt, this transition into the lategame is just as strange as the midgame was.

In the rest of the SMT universe has there ever been a case of humans turning into demons? Demi-Fiend doesn't count since he technically merged with a magatama, retaining his human side in a demon powered body.

Edited that just in case, but
in SMT1 the chaos hero fused himself with a demon, and when you think about it that same stuff happened with most of the other humans who survived in SMT:N.

I've read the wiki here and there and throughout the games there are cases where foes do willingly fuse or become demons/gods of some sort. Safe to say it's a series staple.

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
I'm still in Mikado and I love this part of the game. I don't know why people complain about it. I find it good how they devote time to get you to know the characters and see their relationships with each other. It's going to make them turning to hardcore alignments more sad.

I just go to the part with Isabeau reading and I have a crush on her lol. She is so cute.

Early Spoilers

In the rest of the SMT universe has there ever been a case of
humans turning into demons? Demi-Fiend doesn't count since he technically merged with a magatama, retaining his human side in a demon powered body.

Chiaki and Isamu became demons in SMTIII, and Jimenez can become one in Strange Journey. As did several characters in SMT 1 and SMT2. Hell, the main character's DOG in SMT2 becomes Cerberus.

So I'm in Ginza right now, how far off am I?

Did you just make it there? Here's the progression:

Ginza -> Midtown -> Reverse Hills -> Mikado, alignment split (not lock) -> Ichigaya (for Walter, believe it's Jonathan too) -> Blasted Tokyo -> Infernal Tokyo -> Alignment lock. You've got about 4-6 hours

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Found this out in the battle with
Asura

If your entire Team Smirks, they "regain their composure" and everyone is restored a bit of HP and MP. Very, very helpful.

vall03

Fuuuuuuu A Nekomata just used a skill on me that halved my Macca! Dammit! Guess I'll reload, it was only for a few minutes... *sigh*

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
The *new* elemental bullets in Shinjuku costs around more than 28.000 Gold >________________>

....It is so expensive to become a great gunslinger in this game X___________X

Also, one of the worst world map ever, I mean seriously.

Any tips for the challenge quest to defeat calamity hordes in naraku 3rd stratum?

Well, depends on your loadout. Are you physical or magical?

Anyways, always reload if they have first strike, or if they use Blight, which is gonna hurt like crap.

Also, prepare demons with electric magic. If you don't, you're in for a nasty surprise after winning the 5th fight.

I personally skipped this mission until after I can get guns and elemental bullets since it is such a pain in the ass.

The *new* elemental bullets in Shinjuku costs around more than 28.000 Gold >________________>

....It is so expensive to become a great gunslinger in this game X___________X

Also, one of the worst world map ever, I mean seriously.

Well, depends on your loadout. Are you physical or magical?

Anyways, always reload if they have first strike, or if they use Blight, which is gonna hurt like crap.

Also, prepare demons with electric magic. If you don't, you're in for a nasty surprise after winning the 5th fight.

I personally skipped this mission until after I can get guns and elemental bullets since it is such a pain in the ass.

Physical, only realized they are weak to bullets after my whole party was dead, lol. I've got one electric spell. I think I fused some demons and lost a bunch of electric spells, dammit.

Really digging the music so far and I want to go look up the soundtrack but I'm afraid the tracklisting will contain spoilers.

Anyone who has it or has seen it know if it does or not?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Physical, only realized they are weak to bullets after my whole party was dead, lol. I've got one electric spell. I think I fused some demons and lost a bunch of electric spells, dammit.

Yeah, if I were you I would personally skip this mission until after the MC get his hands on a gun plus electric bullets, and you come back with more demons with electric skills.

It is going to be annoying as hell otherwise.

Really digging the music so far and I want to go look up the soundtrack but I'm afraid the tracklisting will contain spoilers.

Speaking of soundtrack, the CD music sucks :\

The official soundtrack isn't up yet, so everything on Youtube or elsewhere is fan-named (and will likely contain spoilers). I know of a few exceptions, but I can't guarantee a safe Related Videos section.

Yeah, if I were you I would personally skip this mission until after the MC get his hands on a gun plus electric bullets, and you come back with more demons with electric skills.

It is going to be annoying as hell otherwise.

The CD music sucks :\

Challenge accepted. (I already have the gun, just no electric bullets).

What is an electric bullet made out of anyways? Batteries?

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Level 30ish, where am I supposed to go after killing
Xi Wangmu
?

Also, a magic focused MC is stupidly powerful. My demons died immediately in that boss fight and my MC solo-ed the entire fight.

Xi Wangmu
?

Also, a magic focused MC is stupidly powerful. My demons died immediately in that boss fight and my MC solo-ed the entire fight.

Go back into
Ikebukuro Station and go through the staircase that was previously blocked off by flames.
You'll find your next plot event there.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Xi Wangmu
?

You need to (location spoiler)
go to the Ikebukuro Station. Exit the map from the exit opposite Xi Wangmu's domain and go northwest. There's a terminal in there too.

Top Bottom