• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| The Dark Souls of Persona

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
The new paid DLC are for macca and app points, similar to the experience DLC that was available last week. The experience DLC has enemies that drop those grimoires that give EXP when you use them, the macca one gives items to sell, and the app point one gives those 10-point cards I think.

Woah for the macca one. Tempting, since how I love to play cosplays with my MC.

They also have exclusive demons attached right? I bought the Afterlife DLC mainly for that (other than my must-have-all OCD tendency) but even right now at level 33 I still have no idea how to get/unlock the fusion for her, hahaha.

If I end up with a crappy ending/alignment and decide to go for a second, smarter, and time efficient run, I might bite that App Point DLC.

But isn't new game+ you still keep your apps from previous play...? Can we redistribute the points in new game+...?

Ok, so I just got to
Tokyo (Ueno Underground)
and I can't figure out where to go next. I've looked at the overworld map and everything appears to be blocked off. Do I need to complete every challenge quest first or something before I can proceed?

If you mean after
you find the Counter-Demon Force's base and are told to go back to K's Tavern to get quests
, you need to go find the guy who was offering to smuggle you across the river. I don't remember the exact location but before that point he should have said he was too busy but now he'll do it for 500 Macca.

He needs to talk to the rightmost guy in the bar to open up a quest that will then open up the southern bridge.

Bigdrbingo

Neo Member
If you mean after
you find the Counter-Demon Force's base and are told to go back to K's Tavern to get quests
, you need to go find the guy who was offering to smuggle you across the river. I don't remember the exact location but before that point he should have said he was too busy but now he'll do it for 500 Macca.
Almost, I'm actually
looking for the base.
I swear I've looked all over, but I just can't seem to find it. I did find the
guy by the river and he's saying that he's too busy at the moment.

C-Jo

Anyone know where I'm supposed to deliver
Baldur
to? The quest details say
Ikebukuro Firmament Viewers
, but I've been wandering around and can't seem to find it.

KarmaCow

Almost, I'm actually
looking for the base.
guy by the river and he's syaing that he's too busy at the moment.

Ah whoops sorry, then
you can find some ghost horse things down by a broken bridge in the overworld who will give you a quest to kill someone. You might need to go to the bar in Ueno Underground and talk to someone there to get the quest but I'm not sure if it's an alternative or if it's neccessary.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Almost, I'm actually
looking for the base.
guy by the river and he's saying that he's too busy at the moment.

Talk to the rightmost dude at the bar to proceed.

I was stumped too and I discovered this by accident, hahaha.

Bigdrbingo

Neo Member
Ah whoops sorry, then
you can find some ghost horse things down by a broken bridge in the overworld who will give you a quest to kill someone. You might need to go to the bar in Ueno Underground and talk to someone there to get the quest but I'm not sure if it's an alternative or if it's neccessary.

Talk to the rightmost dude at the bar to proceed.

I was stumped too and I discovered this by accident, hahaha.

Yeah that's the part I was missing. I
saw the ghost dog things
but figured it would be something I just end up coming back to later in the game. Now that I have the quest I should be good for now. Thanks!

PK Gaming

Nah, it's not too bad to do it the old fashioned way. Relics from certain places are actually worth quite a lot. Waiting for the respawn is the part that stinks.

I managed to do it by selling all of my outdated weapons / chakra items / attack items.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Yeah that's the part I was missing. I
saw the ghost dog things
but figured it would be something I just end up coming back to later in the game. Now that I have the quest I should be good for now. Thanks!

Ahh just so you also know the location for the target for that quest is not marked so you need to be careful as you can stumble on it lest you expect it :)

Here is the first dlc demon, Fairy Oread.

Initial Loadout:

Wm2HuFw.jpg

Full skillset

HScHHFz.jpg

She learns Force Pieroma

She is a good demon, strong for her initial level, but not broken.

Then we got Asterius over here...

Initial Loadout:

ZlodR8p.jpg

Full skillset:

9MADbli.jpg

He learns Charge, Life Aid, Phys Resist. Yep. Those resistances.

I'll see what I can do about the 3rd dlc demon, haven't tried to get it yet.

Artemisia

Banned
What's better Dekaja or Dekunda?

I guess what I'm really asking is what happens more often: enemies buffing themselves, or debuffing my party? I'm not too sure on which of the two I've encountered more often.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Here is the first dlc demon, Fairy Oread.

Initial Loadout:

Wm2HuFw.jpg

Full skillset

HScHHFz.jpg

She learns Force Pieroma

She is a good demon, strong for her initial level, but not broken.

What is the ingredients for her? Like I said I bought the Afterlife DLC but I can't seem to find her ingredients.

Well, I am level 33 now so she will be super obsolete but I want to have her for completion sake.

I guess what I'm asking is what happens more often: enemies buffing themselves, or debuffing my party? I'm not too sure on which of the two I've encountered more often.

Personally I'd rather go with Dekunda, since there are ways bosses buffing themselves that Dekaja cannot counteract, such as with Charging.

What is the ingredients for her? Like I said I bought the Afterlife DLC but I can't seem to find her ingredients.

Well, I am level 33 now so she will be super obsolete but I want to have her for completion sake.

did you talk to the demon salesman in the door in the back? You need to trade 10 of the light grimores for the right to fuse her.

The ingredients for her are Fairy Napaea, Lady Pele and Element Aeros.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
did you talk to the demon salesman in the door in the back? You need to trade 10 of the light grimores for the right to fuse her.

The ingredients for her are Fairy Napaea, Lady Pele and Element Aeros.

What?

The demon salesmen? You mean those two folks that greeted you when you enter the area that stand at the exit?

I guess what I'm really asking is what happens more often: enemies buffing themselves, or debuffing my party? I'm not too sure on which of the two I've encountered more often.

I used Dekaja twice and Dekunda once so far (lv50 atm) Rocks are good enough and not worth a skill slot imo.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
no there is a demon trader guy in a small room with a door in the back

Huhhhhh.

Damn, no wonder I couldn't fuse her. I thought it's an automatic unlock since I bought it and all that, hahaha.

Ah well, time to start collecting grimoires then.

I find Dekaja more helpful for boss demons.

I used Dekaja twice and Dekunda once so far (lv50 atm) Rocks are good enough and not worth a skill slot imo.

I am alone in team Dekunda :(

Though I have them both in my MC, just in case.

Artemisia

Banned
Ended up picking Dekunda because Dekaja was too much of a hassle to get.

BP1uQSjCUAAfaeg.jpg

Whatever, this should be enough to kill [Ikebukuro Spoiler]
Xi Wangmu

Canon

Banned
Oh wow, two-shotted in the first 10 minutes of a dungeon. I am not good at this game. I do think it's kind of annoying how it seems to be random if demons your trying to recruit run away or turn on you.

Also how do you know what attacks demons are weak against?

God damn. I finally beat
Medusa, the boss right before you finally enter Tokyo,
and man she was hard. I mean she kept getting criticals on me with her three attacks every turn BS. I only won by accident as enough times restarting the game I managed to get lucky. I don't get it. I did everything right. I has three demons with Zan. My character was at level 11. Etc. How was I suppose to beat her?

Forkball

Oh wow, two-shotted in the first 10 minutes of a dungeon. I am not good at this game. I do think it's kind of annoying how it seems to be random if demons your trying to recruit run away or turn on you.

Also how do you know what attacks demons are weak against?

Naruku is super hard in the beginning. It somehow gets more manageable.

Yeah, those demons are tricky bastards. However, if they take an item from you, and back out of the negotiations, you get your items back if you defeat them. Also, you can get an App that allows you to get an item when you recruit a demon, which is a good way for getting back those life stones.

You have to more or less guess the first time. It saves the information the next time you fight them though.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Not sure if I missed the answer, but could anyone give me a general idea for where the Terminal is in Shinjuku?

It's pretty easy to find: if you enter from the South (I am not even sure there is even any other entry the first time) then it's on the right side of the T junction, the first junction at your left when you enter IIRC.

Ended up picking Dekunda because Dekaja was too much of a hassle to get.

BP1uQSjCUAAfaeg.jpg

Whatever, this should be enough to kill [Ikebukuro Spoiler]
Xi Wangmu

Whut, how come you have a Dyne level spell already. I am still at tier 2 spells :(

God damn. I finally beat
Medusa, the boss right before you finally enter Tokyo,
and man she was hard. I mean she kept getting criticals on me with her three attacks every turn BS. I only won by accident as enough times restarting the game I managed to get lucky. I don't get it. I did everything right. I has three demons with Zan. My character was at level 11. Etc. How was I suppose to beat her?

No matter how prepared you are battles in this game do often relies on luck. Sometimes you get a smirk when you hit a weakness, sometimes you don't. If you don't, things can get pretty nasty indeed.

Raise your Luck to increase the chances of getting a Smirk when you heat foes' weaknesses.

The thing is that I did get a fair share of smirks. Its just that she always managed to kill my party with her 3 attack combo.

I'm just wondering what everyone else did.

Jessicat

I think there's a skill you can get that does both at once? I dunno if the name of the skill is even the same in English, I was just surfing that SMTIV site everyone's been posting and yea ^^;

Pay2win DLC.... Atlus... :(

It is rather a shame man. I bought these for the demons, and I didn't expect them to be so broken. The first one, while strong for its level, was rather modest. the 2nd one is resistant towards almost everything, and the 3rd one has TWO unique attacks both of which sound way too strong for their level.

duckroll

It is rather a shame man. I bought these for the demons, and I didn't expect them to be so broken. The first one, while strong for its level, was rather modest. the 2nd one is resistant towards almost everything, and the 3rd one has TWO unique attacks both of which sound way too strong for their level.

It's really disappointing. :(

Is the later DLC actually substantial or is it all stuff like this?

the later ones are super bosses that you can fuse once you beat them. They are unique in design, and not color swaps like the ones I have been posting.

BUT, in a scummy move, the final one is short of impossible without buying the previous boss ones.

duckroll

Is the later DLC actually substantial or is it all stuff like this?

Dresden tells me there's a DLC demon later on which has a physical attack which hits 15 times. :(

The rest of the DLC are boss challenge quests, so basically it's like the Dragon of the Lake type quest where you take it up, there's a short conversation, you fight a tough boss, and then you unlock that demon for fusing. "Substantial" and "meaningful". Right. Thanks Atlus. :(

At least the game itself is great. The DLC seems so awful.

Dresden tells me there's a DLC demon later on which has a physical attack which hits 15 times. :(

The rest of the DLC are boss challenge quests, so basically it's like the Dragon of the Lake type quest where you take it up, there's a short conversation, you fight a tough boss, and then you unlock that demon for fusing. "Substantial" and "meaningful". Right. Thanks Atlus. :(

At least the game itself is great. The DLC seems so awful.

The Saints Row The Third of Persona

Whoops. May have proceeded too far on accident and will probably need to backtrack a little.

Basically, I ended up in the area where the domain is ruled by
Grendel.
I entered this area at level 21, and am now level 24 after less than an hour. My demons are strong enough to kill most of these demons in a single round, which means I'm getting 1500-2500 xp per battle, so long as it's filled with high-level demons. The domain leader's way too strong for me, though, so I'll probably have to hold off on doing this for a little while.

I'm tempted to stick around and keep reaping the benefits, though...

Top Bottom