• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| The Dark Souls of Persona

Alucrid

Banned
After a little over halfway, experience starts to get handed out like candy. No need for grinding.

All of my first buys were skill slots, stock slots, and demolingual. Everything else was just icing.

Especially that 50% off the compendium. I didn't even attempt to buy anything before that.

There is an area that opens up with 70-80 demons. And in the final dungeon they were giving away exp like candy.

Fantastic, thanks. Might not spend app pts in any exp stuff and just put it into summoning cost reduction.

Sera O

Banned
Damn you random nekomata!

I just got taken for 62k macca and then muscle memory made me save instead of loading
D:

So much worse than death omg

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Damn you random nekomata!

I just got taken for 62k macca and then muscle memory made me save instead of loading
D:

So much worse than death omg

Yeeeeeep. Last time I had one ambush me and then use that spell immediately. I cried.

To give a better answer now that I'm not on my phone:

Megidoloan or whatever is Heavy Almighty damage. Second best damage dealing spell in the game. Holy Wrath deals the most damage against chaotic demons, but will deal out less on non chaos aligned targets.

Just picked this game up along with the extra credit bonus.

First time playing an SMT game, so I'm optimistic. But still;

3t5lJ.jpg

Sallokin

Is there any point in dumping skill points into skills after they turn blue? I finally got my Dx to 200, but it's allowing me to continue putting more into it.

Sera O

Banned
Yeeeeeep. Last time I had one ambush me and then use that spell immediately. I cried.

My face the moment I realized I had saved instead of loaded. . . yeah. Macca isn't as hard to come by now, but the shock was extreme.

Where the hell are the Gold and Platinum cards?

In the big cross-shaped plaza in Ginza, bribe the dude at the west end to get access past him. IIRC you need to go down into the poison tunnel area to buy the gold card off a guy. I'm not sure about platinum though.

Got finished under Midtown.
I had seen the "kidnapping" hint, but didn't quite predict the full extent of what the Ashura-kai were up to. I feel sick.

Reverse Hills was a pretty cool setting though. I'm fond of upside-down buildings.

Extremely late game question:
Is it ever revealed who the young girl is who asks you to revive her at the start of the game? She and Stephen just kinda... vanished. I assume they come back in neutral route.

Watashiwa

Uh now that I am on google translate it seems... wrong?

It says killing of Dullahan is chaotic, -1

How? I thought killing it was lawful.

Some of them dont even have point values.

That's lawful because of the expressed intent to go on a killing spree. You're preserving law and order.

Also, what are the challenge quests that open up on a NG+? I've got a Nue hunting competition in Naraku that I don't remember from my first run, and a handful of other challenge quests that I've never seen before.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
That's lawful because of the expressed intent to go on a killing spree. You're preserving law and order.

Also, what are the challenge quests that open up on a NG+? I've got a Nue hunting competition in Naraku that I don't remember from my first run, and a handful of other challenge quests that I've never seen before.

According to this list there are 12 new ones: http://gamers-high.com/megami4/chart/challenge-quest.html

Plus one new each for Chaos and Law. Oh, and one you can get from a demon on Chaos or Neutral.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any point in dumping skill points into skills after they turn blue? I finally got my Dx to 200, but it's allowing me to continue putting more into it.
Yes, it'll still have effect

Shibuya is unbelievable. Just when I thought the game couldn't get any more impressive. It's massive.
This game definitely has way more 3d modeling and content than I would expect out of a handheld title, game could've been right at home on a PS2.

Question; semi-late in the Neutral path, but I've hit a "wall"
specifically Seraph's Light Wall. Ha ha, see what I did there?
Anyway, any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks!

When I realized that gear in this game shows on your character model, I was psyched.

Then I realized gear isn't really that fleshed out in this game and went through most of it wearing stuff I got from the beginning of the game.

THEN I started getting stuff that made my character look patently ridiculous, and I was psyched again :p

Ties

Banned
Neutral path spoilers:

Uhm okay I did all the quests from the JP wiki that would skyrocket me to number one, including the photography quests, but I'm only rank 2. What's the deal?

Lissar

Reluctant Member

I seem to recall I just slammed him with Almighty spells. Not sure if that's a help or not.

I seem to recall I just slammed him with Almighty spells. Not sure if that's a help or not.

It's a step in the right direction, problem is at a certain point he reciprocates and after two times of that my party is usually wiped. Ah well, if at first you don't succeed and all that. Thanks for your input!

Dresden

Fought it in another route, but it should still hold: look for the
color when he casts it. Yellow means you need to hit it with a lightning spell to break, and so on and so forth.

Vamphuntr

Pretty crazy how quickly you can beat the game in NG+. I'm almost at the fork already. Holding X and using estoma sword do wonders.

Fought it in another route, but it should still hold: look for the
color when he casts it. Yellow means you need to hit it with a lightning spell to break, and so on and so forth.

Thanks, I sort of thought that's what that meant only I tried to do the opposite as in thinking it was wanting me to exploit a weakness, silly me :/

cj_iwakura

Sheesh. Bosses are falling apart like paper everywhere I go.

I may have broken the game just a little. (My main has Bufula/Maragion/Fire Breath/Zanma/Shock/Mediarama/War Cry.)

I killed Shibuya's boss in two turns.

Watashiwa

According to this list there are 12 new ones: http://gamers-high.com/megami4/chart/challenge-quest.html

Plus one new each for Chaos and Law. Oh, and one you can get from a demon on Chaos or Neutral.

My moonrune is insufficient to translate anything other than the "Kuesuto" on top of those categories, but am I right in seeing that NG+ quests don't affect alignment?

Gosh dern it! Why does this have to be on the 3DS?

Because Atlus always follows its audience, and a Japanese gamer is more likely to own a 3DS than a PS3.

Sheesh. Bosses are falling apart like paper everywhere I go.

I may have broken the game just a little. (My main has Bufula/Maragion/Fire Breath/Zanma/Shock/Mediarama/War Cry.)

I killed Shibuya's boss in two turns.
Throw Concentrate on your character as soon as you can. It'll be even more ridiculous

Watashiwa

I'm guessing that the Panic charge skill without the handicap. I almost took that, but I figured panicing the main would be amount to suicide.

Nope. Concentrate is Mind Charge--2.5 damage on your next magic attack. Panic Charge is like casting multiple magic-specific Tarukajas on the caster.

Young Magus

You are correct!

YAY!!!

My first save I was neutral to the point where at the white area I was either law or chaos depending on the answer. I reloaded the save before I went to the camp and choose a different answer on the question RIGHT BEFORE I went to the camp. They were not kidding when they say it was a thin line to neutral.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Ugh, not sure what to do about getting on Neutral route.

I'm following a guide, but where the guide writer says they are currently Neutral at the point where I am now, I'm being told I'm Chaos. I don't want to do this all over again... and the next several decisions (according to the guide writer) is just more Chaos. I REALLY don't want to go through all of this just to get on Chaos again.

Caladrius

Ugh, I got stuck on Law. Quick question: Are the quests for the superbosses NG+ only? That's basically the only thing I would want on this path.

Top Bottom