• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| The Dark Souls of Persona

Cocaloch

I feel bad about resorting to this, but I got tired of walking all over Tokyo pretty quickly. So could someone tell me where the 4 devas are?

jorgeton

I reloaded my save right before the big alignment choice, and this time took the Law path (3 endings on one play through, hurray!)

Late game Law spoilers:
I'm having a hard time playing this route! The angels are dicks. And it's tough to follow their orders because I'm so against their whole point of view. Ah well, I'll suck it up just to see what madness awaits me at the end. But I'm glad I went with the Neutral ending first. That one was very satisfying. This one though.. ehhh.. i feel a little dirty being the angel's errand boy.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Chaos route late spoilers

Demon form Lucifer looks like a doofus |`Д´|

Also noooooooooooooo, Isabeau... I should've tried to go neutral つД`)・゚・。・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*・゚

I've made what I assume is the final decision for the alignment lock:

Pressing the button or maintaining status quo in the room at the bottom of the JDSF building

How do I know what path I'm on? I'm going through
the blasted lands that follow (I chose to press the button) but if I need to change my previous decision to get Neutral I don't want to continue playing through this section.

BlackJace

I've beaten the game's Neutral path. Level 76 MC, level 69-74 party. Fantastic game, I can't remember the last JRPG I've enjoyed this much.

Well done Atlus, well fucking done.
Here's hoping for MegaTen V in 2023!

macklelol

The demons you can fuse from the new story DLC has some interesting skills.

Spoilers just in case
Uriel gets a 1-15 hit physical attack, a skill that breaks tetrakarn, and an all-enemy pierce lightning attack.

Raphael gets an all-enemy energy drain, an physical attack that causes brand (?), and an all-enemy pierce force attack.

You can't whisper/fuse off the elemental pierce attacks, the 15 multi-hit attack, or the multi-energy drain. Anything else can be, though.

Uthred

Still in the early game, is there any point keeping a demon once he's "whispered" or should you fuse him on out and pick up another in order to level up your MC's skills? Enjoying the game so far but some of the in-battle art looks a bit ropey

Caladrius

Still in the early game, is there any point keeping a demon once he's "whispered" or should you fuse him on out and pick up another in order to level up your MC's skills? Enjoying the game so far but some of the in-battle art looks a bit ropey

If they're still useful in battle or you're saving them for a fusion, yes.

The demons you can fuse from the new story DLC has some interesting skills.

Spoilers just in case
Uriel gets a 1-15 hit physical attack, a skill that breaks tetrakarn, and an all-enemy pierce lightning attack.

Raphael gets an all-enemy energy drain, an physical attack that causes brand (?), and an all-enemy pierce force attack.

You can't whisper/fuse off the elemental pierce attacks, the 15 multi-hit attack, or the multi-energy drain. Anything else can be, though.
Brand causes any healing of health/magic on the afflicted member to be reduced to 1.

Also, I'm not sure about this, but apparently the unique skills are the same as Desperate Hit, in that they can only be fused through Lite Fusion mid-battle. Still need to check it out, though.

vall03

Chaos path spoiler:
How do you get the national defense divinities for fusion?

Go back to where you fought them, they should still be
in rock form
A minor scene will occur and you can fuse them afterwards. For
Yaso Magatsuhi
You need to go back to Reverse Hills, I think it was 51F and talk to one dude there and he'll ask you you to kill it.

Caladrius

Go back to where you fought them, they should still be
in rock form
A minor scene will occur and you can fuse them afterwards. For
Yaso Magatsuhi
You need to go back to Reverse Hills, I think it was 51F and talk to one dude there and he'll ask you you to kill it.

Excellent. Thanks.

macklelol

Brand causes any healing of health/magic on the afflicted member to be reduced to 1.

Also, I'm not sure about this, but apparently the unique skills are the same as Desperate Hit, in that they can only be fused through Lite Fusion mid-battle. Still need to check it out, though.

Hmm, that seems to be the case, I fused my Uriel and Demonee-Ho mid battle and got Lightning of God, Desperate Hit, and Kannuki-Throw on a Cherub.

vall03

Excellent. Thanks.

Totally forgot, you need to go back to Roppongi Hills first. Remember the Samurai caught by the Ashura-kai? iirc he will give you the Access Cards 2,3,4 first. And the next time you visit, he will give all the mediums required to fuse the demons.

So one my demons just learned this skill called doping, how much does it raise HP by?

Should i put it on my MC?

I remember a similar sounding skill in Soul Hackers and that thing was strong as hell.

Caladrius

So one my demons just learned this skill called doping, how much does it raise HP by?

I remember a similar sounding skill in Soul Hackers and that thing was strong as hell.

Considering the strongest optional bosses throw Antichthons at you multiple times per turn I would say yes.

SteeloDMZ

Banned

From what I remember, when I had that ability it only raised like 10hp more for everyone in the party.

NeonZ

The law route is kind of weird because you can still go against the angels in several challenge quests, but follow them around without question in the main story.

coopolon

Where is (Ueno challenge quest)
Asura
? She told me she's north, but I can't find her.

edit: nevermind, found a youtube video showing it!

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Btw, fucking lol at this:

u81axTH.jpg

Dresden

My skills are

Bufudyne
Trisagion
Zandyne
Ziodyne
Medidola
Die For Me
Judgement Light
Debilitate

Damn I don't want to get rid of any of them.

Those elemental spells are going to be less and less useful, may as well dump Zandyne. You really need Concentrate as well for max spell damage.

mhs004

Just finished the game. Was the most fun I've ever had with a JRPG was well worth the $50.

End game for me
I chose to destroy the universe with a black hole hahaha best ending ever.

Really well I am going to play it again later on so that gives me something to be exited about. I'll go a completely different route next time.

Also, you don't get the complete story in one route, to learn everything, you gotta take every route. Agree with this game being amazing btw. I am just taking it slow, but im locked in Neutral, good times are going to be had.

Top Bottom