• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| The Dark Souls of Persona

hawk2025

Is there any way to check my current alignment while (70-80%)
in the super-sandy world? I only arrived here a couple of hours ago, but in my attempt to change back from Law I've sided with Lilith, and pressed the button. Now I see that I can either go to Shibuya and help the "hoarse" family get vengeance (which from the looks of it is the Law thing to do), or go kill Pluto. Trouble is that there is no person to check my alignment in the Hunter Area of Sandy Shinjutku...

I'm kind of scared of having pushed way past neutral :(

Lissar

Reluctant Member
in the super-sandy world? I only arrived here a couple of hours ago, but in my attempt to change back from Law I've sided with Lilith, and pressed the button. Now I see that I can either go to Shibuya and help the "hoarse" family get vengeance (which from the looks of it is the Law thing to do), or go kill Pluto. Trouble is that there is no person to check my alignment in the Hunter Area of Sandy Shinjutku...

Nope, from that point on you just have to wing it and hope for the best. (You can keep a extra save too I suppose).

I've dedicated to choosing the Law path for my first playthrough, but so many of the choices are making me feel like an asshole. I have such a natural affinity for Chaos in these games. Probably due to the fact that Chaos is generally presented in a more sympathetic light in SMT. Devil Survivor is the only SMT game I've played where Law hasn't been totally fascistic.

Keep two saves at this point. Make sure you can return back to the start of all those events in one of the saves.

hawk2025

Keep two saves at this point. Make sure you can return back to the start of all those events in one of the saves.

I currently have a save right before the two choices I mentioned on the spoilers there. Should I instead keep a new save **now**? It seems reasonable that only those two choices could not have pushed me completely into Chaos with no chance of coming back, right?

Thanks!

I'm far in and I didn't know there was no way to check after the event.

luckily i just noticed I have a save right before sandy world, can't believe i didn't save over that spot yet

I currently have a save right before the two choices I mentioned on the spoilers there. Should I instead keep a new save **now**? It seems reasonable that only those two choices could not have pushed me completely into Chaos with no chance of coming back, right?

Thanks!

Honestly once you clear those areas you'll know exactly where to go so a repeat wouldn't take too long. I'd be super cautious if you have no idea where you stand in terms of alignment.

The thing you have to worry about
isnt only getting pushed too far into chaos or law, but also being neutral in a way that the last question of the game pushes you too far into law or chaos. You can be able to go law or chaos, but never neutral in certain circumstances.

hawk2025

Honestly once you clear those areas you'll know exactly where to go so a repeat wouldn't take too long. I'd be super cautious if you have no idea where you stand in terms of alignment.

The thing you have to worry about
isnt only getting pushed too far into chaos or law, but also being neutral in a way that the last question of the game pushes you too far into law or chaos. You can be able to go law or chaos, but never neutral in certain circumstances.

I see, thanks. Seems like I kind of blew it, so I'll probably just push through without worrying too much. Whatever happens, happens :)

LProtag

Just finished the Law ending.

Thanks a lot Merkabah.

So... New Game+ with keeping your stats is probably boring, right?

Ahh after a long journey with Angel, and the many evolutions that came with it, I finally have Cherub in my party. It's quite funny having a demon 10 levels higher than I am and the fact that most mobs are done for after a 1-2 hit of Megidola.

Mozendo

So I got a 3DS and clocked in about 12 hours.
Only negative I can say about the game is Yuri
Lowenthal
I hate his voice, god damn why is he in so many games?
Can't stand his voice anymore.

Plot twist early on was great by the way.

I think I heard you had to do a bunch of side quests to progress further in the neutral story, is this true? I am currently doing the quest where yo end up fighting
Beelzebub
and there is not much I can do about him. He always makes the first strike and wipes out a few members of my team. I can only get up to the part where he starts spamming Megidolaon, which finishes off my main character. My party lacks a lot of critical skills like Debilitate and Salvation.

The current demons I have in my posession are Dullahan, Ananta, Ym, Maya, Fafnir, Heimdall, Cherub, and Niddhoggr. I am level 75. I feel like it is going to take hours to make competent demons to defeat him.

Just finished the Law ending.

Thanks a lot Merkabah.

So... New Game+ with keeping your stats is probably boring, right?

Honestly I did NG+ with keeping my stats because I wanted to get to the next route ASAP. I guess it could be boring for some. Though IIRC you inherit your possible fusions either way, and with the app that removes the fusion ceiling you can pretty much break the game even with a low level MC.

Lowenthal

Who does Yuri voice?

PK Gaming

Lowenthal

Ehehehe

So you wanna cross the river?

That'll be 500 yen

Ehehehe

MP Regeneration and Blight on my MC makes most regular battles over real quick at the moment (although I'm aware that could change once I start facing higher leveled demons in regular battles).

After getting fucked up by Blight so much early on, it's nice to be returning the favor to some demons. I was even back in Shinjuku and took out some groups of Macabres with it, which was extra nice.

vall03

I was wondering why I'm not seeing some demons in the Cathedral of Shadows and just realized that Asherah, Ishtar and Mother Harlot are New Game+ demons and only in Chaos route fuuuuu Now I feel bad getting the Chaos ending first *sigh*

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Did we figure out a quick way to force relics to respawn? Unless I'm doing something wrong, I'm stuck doing one of the Neutral side-quests,
waiting for another smartphone to grace me with its presence.

Stoze

So I played for a couple hours today, enjoying it so far. I'm still not sure if I want to level up Mg or Dex though. I've been putting points into Dex and using the gun I got, but I feel like I'm going to end up missing out on awesome spell variety if I stick with it. Gotta decide soon before I'm in too deep.

duckroll

Clipped Wings and the upcoming superboss DLCs have some story content and recruitable demons. The boss DLCs are Ancient of Days, the Chaos King, and the Future of Tokyo.

Lol. Clipped Wings 1 is $2.49, which probably means they're following the JP pricing. Clipped Wings 2 should be $3.49, which makes it a 6 buck DLC for 4 boss fights of demons which are already in the actual game. >_<

The Future of Tokyo DLC will probably be $3.99 if they follow the JP pricing too.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Unless I'm doing something wrong I'm at the mercy of the game's random respawning relics (basically). I've one got one, but I'm waiting for the other. Help?
Did we figure out a quick way to force relics to respawn? Unless I'm doing something wrong, I'm stuck doing one of the Neutral side-quests,
waiting for another smartphone to grace me with its presence.

NeonZ

The red knight/
Baal
/Tannozu quest is sickening. And the
plot twist at the end. What? Red Knight is King Ahazuya?!
actually surprised me.

Anyway, I wish they had made more portraits. King Ahazuya could have appeared on screen a few times and Nozomi not having a portrait is just odd considering how she has more screentime than some other characters who have portraits.

Also, (more spoilers) about the Red Knight quest(don't read if you haven't finished all red knight related missions:
can you really choose to side with Ahazuya? What happens afterwards?

twelver

Where do I head after Shinjuku? Doesn't appear there's anything left for me to do there. I found the cave to the south but guy won't let me in. Thanks.

Late game Neutral path spoiled question;
is the Deva sidequest the best way to become #1 hunter? I need to bring hope to Tokyo and fill a chalice.

Plot got awkward.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Neutral path: I've done every side-quest,
yet I'm still not #1/champion. I've checked Ueno, Shinjuku, Shibuya, and Ginza for new ones but I got nothing. Is there a check list that I can refer to?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Where do I head after Shinjuku? Doesn't appear there's anything left for me to do there. I found the cave to the south but guy won't let me in. Thanks.

Go North and east the way you originally came to Shinjuku. Check the location markers as you go. One is the tunnel to the next location.

Where is this Level 75 Domain Boss I keep hearing about? I'm level 33 and just got to Ikebukuro and still haven't ran into it. Did I miss it somewhere or am I not supposed to have ran into it yet? Also, the last few bosses sure have been a cakewalk, did I end up overleveling at some point or were they supposed to be easy? They were nothing compared to Medusa and David.

Neutral path: I've done every side-quest,
yet I'm still not #1/champion. I've checked Ueno, Shinjuku, Shibuya, and Ginza for new ones but I got nothing. Is there a check list that I can refer to?

Did you do all of the photo sidequests? Including those initiated by an NPC?

Yuterald

Man, I finally figured out where to go. I missed a fucking staircase in Shinjuku, lol! Because of all my wondering around aimlessly I've been completely annihilating main story bosses. Feels good to finally make some progress! =D

Top Bottom