• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| The Dark Souls of Persona

Just went through the temple in Ginza.
Some pretty interesting plot stuff here. I figured the Black Samurai was connected to the Ring of Gaea somehow, but I was still surprised that she wound up being Yuriko. Walter and Jonathan are really starting to drift down their respective paths now. I enjoyed the intensity of their first major confrontation. I'm interested in finding out what this thing Yuriko wants me to see is.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Some pictures I hope you all enjoy.

6XhKGmN.png

Wut

I don't even

Best Friends Forever
jmhi0GY.jpg

As a bonus here have some Fuwawawa~

Should I expand my skill slots or my demon's skill slots first? Or is it more beneficial to wait for MP/HP regen?

Trying to decide what to do with my few app points is so painful! >_<

Should I expand my skill slots or my demon's skill slots first? Or is it more beneficial to wait for MP/HP regen?

Trying to decide what to do with my few app points is so painful! >_<

I alternated between my slots and my demons (eg, I took the first one for MC, then the first demon one, etc). I think expanding skill slots earlier on is more important. I just recently got MP regen, and it's very nice, but getting to 8 skill slots is a lot more important.

-->Minotaur's aim decreases because he is disturbed,
-->I deal major blows to him
-->Jonathan says: "We will strike you down with the utmost respect!
-->Minotaur wipes out entire team

Lexxism

How do I know what my alignment is? I checked on shinjuku and the cynical man said that I'm a "polite guy". I guess I'm lawful? What does he say for neutral and chaos?

I alternated between my slots and my demons (eg, I took the first one for MC, then the first demon one, etc). I think expanding skill slots earlier on is more important. I just recently got MP regen, and it's very nice, but getting to 8 skill slots is a lot more important.
Excellent. That's what I've been doing so far, I was just wondering if it were time to change. Plus some of the other apps have been looking very enticing recently...

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
The bad ending is so abrupt.

I mean, "What, huh, who are you? What? Huhhh?"

Then it ends.

...Playing Pokemon Demon up till 2 AM last night and now I am a bit sleepy at work >___>

Oh, and the new purchasable costume from the store is rather cool looking, and it's fit for gun-using characters too... But the stat for the Cowboy Hat still better than the head armor provided in this set :(

Wait so whats kinds of things do you need to do to get the different endings?

Which ending is the "best" ending to aim for if I don't want to do multiple playthroughs at the moment?

Wait so whats kinds of things do you need to do to get the different endings?

Which ending is the "best" ending to aim for if I don't want to do multiple playthroughs at the moment?

There's choices to make during the game. Each choice can be neutral. chaotic, or lawful. Neutral ending is the best ending. At the least, it gives the happiest ending by far.

PK Gaming

Well shit, I've been doing that trying to get the Law ending. Is Law the "bad" ending?

So you can't get locked into the bad ending like the others?

Trust me, you'll know when it's coming. (and you can't be locked into it)

So I, uh, got bored this weekend and made a piano arrangement for the Toyko Map theme. It's a probably my favorite music so far from the game.

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2jiIG_90Go

That was awesome.

EDIT: Awesome doesn't do it justice, I can honestly say that I really, really enjoyed that arrangement.

Daingurse

Just beat the Medusa, who was absolutely whooping my ass! Good lord, fuck that bitch. I like where this story is going, very interesting. This is my face while playing this game . . .

iNR6ajXeCK2T7.gif

Fucking fun as shit.
When I'm not raging, lmao.

Lexxism

I'm current doing the quest on
killing yuriko

There were 3 options when I met the guard. One was saying I'm after Yuriko's life and the other one was to join them as member of Gaia.

Does choosing any of these options can affect my alignment? Which one is for law and one for chaos?

Does anyone know what the exact quote is Jonathan uses early on in the game? Something like "we must protect the peace we know today, for the children of tomorrow."

Yuterald

Wow, I have no idea where to go. 15 hours in and I just beat a LV75 Domain boss at LV27 (God, SMT battles are the best, the shit you can pull with the press turn system). Actually, I feel like I've defeated all available Domains and I'm still wondering aimlessly. My main mission is still to search for the Black Samurai, but I feel like I've covered all available areas. For exact location I've just found the
Counter Demon Force Base
. I guess I'll figure it out. =/

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Here's a good example of what pisses me off about this game: As I was heading back to heal from a boss, I ran into a horde that I couldn't escape from. First move they cast is Mabafu, which one member is weak to. On their second move they cast it again, killing two demons and my character. The boss was a cakewalk compared to this.

Haven't played an RPG in years this poorly balanced.

cj_iwakura

Here's a good example of what pisses me off about this game: As I was heading back to heal from a boss, I ran into a horde that I couldn't escape from. First move they cast is Mabafu, which one member is weak to. On their second move they cast it again, killing two demons and my character. The boss was a cakewalk compared to this.

Haven't played an RPG in years this poorly balanced.

Welcome to SMT! Here's your pass. Ask for Charon.

cj_iwakura

Strange Journey was not this way the 40 hours I played of it. Can't remember about Nocturne as it was ages ago I played it.

Happened to me all the time in both games. This game's much easier to break as far as bosses go since most of them have weaknesses, and you can customize demons & the MC to your liking.

Voror

Is it probably best to get the Bad ending first in order to pursue a new game plus for the other endings with the various demons unlocked and such?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Is it probably best to get the Bad ending first in order to pursue a new game plus for the other endings with the various demons unlocked and such?

But the Bad Ending can be viewed before you go headlong into the path of your locked alignment. Much wiser to just view it, then immediately reload and head into whatever the path you are locked into during that playthrough.

So super-late-game post-alignment-lock spoilers for neutral(?) I guess. I did not know that you can
revisit the alternate Tokyo's
after you beat
Lucifer.
This changes everything!

Happened to me all the time in both games. This game's much easier to break as far as bosses go since most of them have weaknesses, and you can customize demons & the MC to your liking.

I've played both of those too and SMT4 is by far the worst when it comes to getting wiped by an unlucky random encounter and the best at cheesing bosses to death.

cj_iwakura

I've played both of those too and SMT4 is by far the worst when it comes to getting wiped by an unlucky random encounter and the best at cheesing bosses to death.

You can save anywhere, so at least it's less oh god to hell with this game and more well that was silly.

ohlawd

Help!

I can't remember where to turn in the challenge quest "Ikebukuro Free District". I have the photos taken. Anyone remember where the guy is?

Teleport to Shinjuku, take the northwest staircase. You'll land in Shinjuku Station - West Entrance and you'll be right infront of the quest giver's room.

Top Bottom