• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| The Dark Souls of Persona

Jessicat

What does the sick ailment even do? Pandemic Bomb. Are you worth it?
I *think* it lowers your attack and speed? and gratually spreads to your entire party. Treat it early if you have it, not sure how helpful it is on it's own, you're better off with a demon that knows Tetnus Slash or something, it at least does damage to an enemy too XD

brinstar

Is it easier to get macca when you're farther into the game? I'm just past the part where (Early Spoilers involving MC)
MC's home town got burned down
and I'm constantly broke. Party because I suck at negotiating and usually when I give a demon macca I get called a sucker and they split.

Yeah, I have like 20k right now and I barely use the fundraiser ability. You start finding relics that sell for a lot and quests will start paying handsomely.

Samyy

Hmmm anyone know any good Demons with Bufu?
I have Bufu +2 on MC and Naga with Bufu right now but its seemingly not enough for the boss im stuck at

GeekyDad

I'm right there with you!!! Burroughs why you so seductive?

She also seems to mock you pretty hard. I made literally about six unsuccessful attempts to recruit another Napaea (to do a special fusion), and after each failed attempt (which included me giving away tons of shit), Burroughs said something to the effect of "your collect-a-thon seems to be going great, master." Fucking bitch.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Hmmm anyone know any good Demons with Bufu?
I have Bufu +2 on MC and Naga with Bufu right now but its seemingly not enough for the boss im stuck at

I had Naga, Jack Frost and some Dragon race thingy that looks like a weird deer...Erm...When you see it, you'll now. Just run a search with Ice as a requirement.

Not to alarm you, but there's a boss right afterwards that's like twice as hard haha.

LProtag

She also seems to mock you pretty hard. I made literally about six unsuccessful attempts to recruit another Napaea (to do a special fusion), and after each failed attempt (which included me giving away tons of shit), Burroughs said something to the effect of "your collect-a-thon seems to be going great, master." Fucking bitch.

She's just talking about one of the challenge quests.

LProtag

I had Naga, Jack Frost and some Dragon race thingy that looks like a weird deer...Erm...When you see it, you'll now. Just run a search with Ice as a requirement.

Not to alarm you, but there's a boss right afterwards that's like twice as hard haha.

Did I miss out on fusing Jack Frost? What'd you use?

Soulhouf

I wouldn't purchase the digital version if I knew I would get it this fast:

BPZF4IyCIAATDvH.jpg

Got it in perfect condition. eStarland rox, really.

Weiss

Banned
Finally had a chance to sink my teeth into this game, and it's as good as I had hoped. The lack of 3D models isn't as big a deal as I was expecting.

My Mokoi gave me a skill that lets me automatically summon the highest level demons from my COMP.

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but it looks like talking to demons can give you quests too. I just tried to negotiate with a Knocker and he just gave me a quest to do.

pahamrick

Have you been taking challenge quests? I'm at the same part you are and I have ~6,500 macca.

Yeah, I've done all the challenge quests available up to this point. i've spent a bit of macca getting some stuff in the shops, but right now I'm at around ~1,600.

Yeah, I have like 20k right now and I barely use the fundraiser ability. You start finding relics that sell for a lot and quests will start paying handsomely.

Awesome, good to know.

Thanks to both of you!

Just got the game and, wow, Amazon did right by me this time. Got here in one day and in perfect condition despite FSSS and a bubble mailer! Starting now.

demonkaze

Something to note for you guys, make sure you always talk to every enemy as some of them can give you challenge quests, I just got one from an Agathion.

inner-G

Banned
Played a bit last night, awesome so far.

Got SMTd on some dumb shit a few times, I was slightly inebriated and kept accidentally fighting instead of scouting, lol.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Encountered my 1st roadblock, and my God it is so much pain in the ass.

First, it's because goddamn Yuri Lowenthal. Fuck dude WHY ARE YOU EVERYWHERE.

Second of all, it's a fight
right after passing a poisonous area. 3rd: it's a fucking two round successive fights and the 2nd fight is against a company of demons.

Yey, my 1st FUCK-THIS-SHIT moment, hahahaha....... :mad:

Encountered my 1st roadblock, and my God it is so much pain in the ass.

First, it's because goddamn Yuri Lowenthal. Fuck dude WHY ARE YOU EVERYWHERE.

Second of all, it's a fight
right after passing a poisonous area. 3rd: it's a fucking two round successive fights and the 2nd fight is against a company of demons.

Yey, my 1st FUCK-THIS-SHIT moment, hahahaha....... :mad:

Yeah, I walked into that fight by accident and got owned. Lost half an hour of progress because I already had a debt to Charon.

Redid the whole dungeon up to that point...and walked right into the exact same battle again by mistake. I almost threw my 3DS out the window.

LProtag

I think for skills my MC will probably have each single target spell, a heal spell, and then perhaps buff skills. Not sure if I'd rather have hama/mudo or the buffs... probably the buffs.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Yeah, I walked into that fight by accident and got owned. Lost half an hour of progress because I already had a debt to Charon.

Redid the whole dungeon up to that point...and walked right into the exact same battle again by mistake. I almost threw my 3DS out the window.

Shit's seem so unfair, hahaha.

Ah well, got myself a shiny new spear after hightailing it back to the homebase after my team got trashed.

BTW I've met with Charon 2 times already but I always refuse to pay that fucker. I'd rather say hello to the game over screen!

Shit's seem so unfair, hahaha.

Ah well, got myself a shiny new spear after hightailing it back to the homebase after my team got trashed.

BTW I've met with Charon 2 times already but I always refuse to pay that fucker. I'd rather say hello to the game over screen!

I keep saying that Charon should give me a discount, because my family name is literally a bastardized version of his. Jerk's got no respect for his distant, mortal cousins.

CSX

Needed to recruit a napea to fuse fortuana and she gave a quest to kill wu Kong? Anyone did that? Doable? I was to beat the Long sidequest

Needed to recruit a napea to fuse fortuana and she gave a quest to kill wu Kong? Anyone did that? Doable? I was to beat the Long sidequest

I beat Wu Kong last night. He's not easy to kill, since you have to fight him three times and he gets slightly stronger each time. Bring demons with buffs.

KLonso

Well I've picked up my pre-order, but I just can't play it yet.

Gotta get through P3: FES first, but I feel like playing this game before getting into P4: Golden would be a way to not burn out on Persona and see what mainline SMT games are like

Samyy

Wat
Come on
Really
:(

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
This boss is kicking my ass
Medusa

I had an extremely tough time with her, until I remember that had a Gu Huo Niao from a fusion accident. The boss ended up killing herself with her own Gun attacks being reflected over and over. That Pokemon was literally the only one left standing

Top Bottom