• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinji Mikami's THE EVIL WITHIN |OT| Where's everyone going? Tango?

THIS SAB IS ON FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRE

ibtQMiyig1Ei5P.jpg

Loving it so far.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
3 more hours. It's like that ride that never picked you up. It feels like we're RLTTP, when the party doesn't start for another 3 hours.

Snickers_wrapped.jpg

MattyG

Banned
How are you guys deciding which bodies to burn and which to leave?

Also, I'M FUCKING IN LOVE WITH THIS GAME. Only on the second chapter and I love it.

Aaaaaaaand we have our first crash.

TheRed

Go to steam folder and manually make a shortcut for the EXE. Run it and paste the command at the end of the target line.

Well that worked to get to launch options in steam but the 60 fps command still didn't work. I gotta get work done anyway. Thanks though!

Shauni

Super jealous of you folks who are getting to play it now. I won't be able to pick up my copy until tomorrow after work (almost asked off, but decided not to).

Facism

Super jealous of you folks who are getting to play it now. I won't be able to pick up my copy until tomorrow after work (almost asked off, but decided not to).

i'm sitting here trying not to watch the bro play the game on my ps4. He's been hyped for the game for so long and he paid for the game so i thought "let him play it tonight :)."

Xpliskin

This game is BRUTAL.

died in the first chapter, this is a very good sign.

Those death sequences, PEGI 18 is bare minimum.

Can confirm load times on death are near-instant on my side.

Facism

This game is BRUTAL.

died in the first chapter, this is a very good sign.

Those death sequences, PEGI 18 is bare minimum.

Can confirm load times on death are near-instant on my side.

did you try to stealth-kill the butcher?
Proper nasty lol

Xpliskin

did you try to stealth-kill the butcher?
Proper nasty lol

Actually I had tutorials turned off so I was figuring out which button to hit to pick open the door. he slaughtered me.

By the way, it's 30 FPS lccked tight.

No texture pop-ins, no glitches, super smooth suave.

Graphics are very nice.

Don't know about console, but this game on PC is a very fine experience.

The red screen when you die is still in 2.5 aspect ratio as I see. I know it because I died a lot.

Also, the lighting in this game is simply gorgeous.

Grief.exe

Actually I had tutorials turned off so I was figuring out which button to hit to pick open the door. he slaughtered me.

By the way, it's 30 FPS locked tight.

Graphics are very nice.

I wouldn't go that far. There are some good things, but a lot of bad things that come along with this port.

It's also locked tight at 60 by the way.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Not sure if this has been posted, but those wanting to grab the game cheap on GMG they have a 25% code going atm: P65PW6-F9B91D-TW2AG2. Goes down to $45 which is nice and cheap for me.

By the way, it's 30 FPS lccked tight.

Graphics are very nice.

Also, 60 fps runs great so far me.

Xpliskin

I wouldn't go that far. There are some good things, but a lot of bad things that come along with this port.

It's also locked tight at 60 by the way.

The bars are abyssimal I agree.

But this is very far from a bad port.

We've got people with lower-end I5's and 2GB cards running it smooth like butter.

On my end I haven't had any graphical glitches or texture pop-ins yet as in wolfenstein or rage.

Tirod

Parsed through the OP since I've been on media blackout for this game (love Mikami).

On PS4 does the preload unlock at 9PM or Midnight?

If the former I'll totally buy this digital and play a bit tonight, if the latter I'll just pick up physical after work.

Thanks; apologies in advance if this has been asked a million times.

I realize there is an embargo until the 14th, but what time is it up exactly? Can we expect reviews up tonight? (US)

I'm looking to pick this or mordor up to keep me busy while Driveclub is in beta.

This game is fucking awesome. It reminds me a LOT of Siren Blood Curse too. But it's everything I wanted it to be, hopefully it can keep this atmosphere going

Top Bottom