• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinji Mikami's THE EVIL WITHIN |OT| Where's everyone going? Tango?

Taruranto

Went in with low expectations, still vastly disappointed three or four chapters in. Maybe because the first chapter was much better than I expected, since the ,,cinematic'' sequences worked much better than I thought (although probably not on a second playthrough) and escaping an undestroyable enemy is scary in any horror title. But then... it just regresses into RE4. Anyone suggesting that this is like the REmake doesn't know the latter or is a liar. This game has nothing to do with survival horror, because all it is is RE4. Down right to the animations, including dumb doors closing themselves. Generic cabins and ,,eerie'' noises straight out of RE4 instead of unique art direction and great music like in the REmake, Silent Hill 2, etc. Slightly enhanced corridor shooting gameplay with several new killing techniques over exploration. Meh, what a fucking dick move hyping this up as ,,nostalgic horror''. Fuck off, Mikami. And I think in the third chapter, even though it's basically RE4, the level design is just confusing as hell.

Gonna keep playing for the story for now. Some parts give me small Uzumaki vibes.

Yeah, it has shit to do with old-style RE.

I read people thought you burned enemies so they didn't come back to life like Crimson Head in REmake... yeah, it's not like that AT ALL.

Yibby

One point five American Gigabytes of VRAM....

used for wet t-shirt contests

dPPKbXr.jpg

jett

D-Member
What are the story, characters and voice acting like in the retail game? In the E3 demo it was like Resident Evil 1/House of the Dead levels of cheese.

imjust1n

Banned
I got 3.5 hours till unlock and it seems to have only downloaded 5 GBs? I thougth this game was 40 GB Im afraid that the game is gonna be like wait till you can download more?

So did this game unlock early for some or what? I keep getting the error encrypted message on mine. Tried restarting steam and deleted appcache folder but to no avail.

This game is weeeeeeeiiiiird. Also the PC version looks amazing, much better than I expected after seeing some questionable media screenshots

Any 780 impressions yet? I would try myself but I'm stuck underneath the wife and the cat in bed...

I have a 780Ti if that's any help. Game runs locked at 60 for me

Verger

Banned
The game looks great on the PC and yeah the reload times were pretty quick for me after dying. I already died a couple of times and man the death scenes are super graphic.

First tried to attack that butcher guy by stabbing him in the back and lol he retorted by chopping of my arm and then my head. Then he came after me with a chainsaw and took me apart

Liking what I'm playing so far. :)

FYI I am playing with the new GTX 970, though that's offset by my old non-OC i7-2600K. But I haven't had any complaints about the performance so far.

TheRed

Man can't get the 60 fps to work, command prompt does nothing. Game still says preload in my library but launches fine, just no way for me to get to properties. Guess I'll play later.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Man can't get the 60 fps to work, command prompt does nothing. Game still says preload in my library but launches fine, just no way for me to get to properties. Guess I'll play later.

Go to steam folder and manually make a shortcut for the EXE. Run it and paste the command at the end of the target line.

Top Bottom