• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinji Mikami's THE EVIL WITHIN |OT| Where's everyone going? Tango?

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
All this talk about Austria and Germany reminds me of Damnation

Resident+Evil+Damnation+Leon+Alexander+Buddy+Fight+(16).png

It was fictional, but a perfect setting for the movie.

Then why even take the time to record shit for games? seriously nobody wants to hear something half assed.

I would also think a big part of it is the voice director, they just have better directors for movies or so, i don't know.

I ask that myself all the time, if they do not want to make a German voice acting for games,
then why do they still do this and just translate the game and the subtitles, and make English the main voice for games.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
You keep asking this.

So both of ya'll went with the PC version anyway?

Yup, I do think my PC can handle it and I'm less adamant about the 60 FPS issue as some are. It can be unlocked to 60fps, but not officially supported. That will upset some. For me if it runs a steady 30 fps, then it matches the console performance in that regard. Also the gameplay I've seen of the PC version makes the graphics look much, much crisper than the console version footage. And the lighting on PC and shadows look amazing.

Not to mention with debug commands available and modding there should be some fun stuff with the version of the game.

Bl@de

@Krusenstern
The voice actor of Bruce Willis is really decent, I like him, but Bethesda went the cheap way to get German voice actors it seems.

Yap. He's among the best. We have a lot of great voice actors actually ... but in movies ... not games.

But cheer up guys. I'm from Poland. Our voice overs are handled by a single person for the last 50 years. He does it all. Man, woman, cat, dog, alien ... a fucking genius. He is so good, he doesn't need emotion or mute the original voice.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I ask that myself all the time, if they do not want to make a German voice acting for games,
then why do they still do this and just translate the game and the subtitles, and make English the main voice for games.

I remember the german voice acting for MGS1.

Still have nightmares.

kodecraft

Yup, I do think my PC can handle it and I'm less adamant about the 60 FPS issue as some are. It can be unlocked to 60fps, but not officially supported. That will upset some. For me if it runs a steady 30 fps, then it matches the console performance in that regard. Also the gameplay I've seen of the PC version makes the graphics look much, much crisper than the console version footage. And the lighting on PC and shadows look amazing.

Not to mention with debug commands available and modding there should be some fun stuff with the version of the game.

1) I'm excited
2)PC version will be better even with a frame cap, if it's not unlockable.

Cool, I did also. Just sitting around waiting on STEAM to open up the pre-loading.

Yap. He's among the best. We have a lot of great voice actors actually ... but in movies ... not games.

But cheer up guys. I'm from Poland. Our voice overs are handled by a single person for the last 50 years. He does it all. Man, woman, cat, dog, alien ... a fucking genius. He is so good, he doesn't need emotion or mute the original voice.

Oh wow, I thought German voice acting was fucked, but it seems Poland has even more shit going on. 1 Person for different kind of things.
Yeah Movies seem to be more welcome in Germany than Games all around...still a fucking shame.

Still have nightmares.

Oh shit, do not remember of that.

Michael Hulsmann as Liquid, the fucking voice actor of Neo Cortex from Crash, this shit was so hilarious.

"Wie gefallen dir meine Gläser, Bruuuuder?"

@Bl@de
Holy crap, he is the handmaid for everything, this is crazy.

Still have nightmares.

I loved it in a weird way. It was so bad sometimes but I love how Liquid sounded in that. The most cheesy voice I've ever heard. And it weirdly fit to him, like a 80s movie.

Still can't get over lines like "Meryl ist nicht sich selbst!"
Unforgettable. lol

Everyone else implies that... well, everyone else is annoyed about the camera change.

That's not true.

Yea, I really don't get why some people are so upset about the camera change, OR the inclusion of auto-aim in easy mode, lol. That one I just find funny. PLAY IT ON NORMAL, ha.

I really don't have anything to complain about with the game......namely because I haven't played it yet :)

Sanctuary

Now you owe EviLore $5 or something

I can add the site as an exception, it just slipped my mind. I have it primarily so I do not have to watch 60s, unskippable adds on Youtube every single time I want to check something out.

I think I've heard "Great", "As good as RE4", and "Better than RE4", so far. But not from GAFfers.

Anyway, I still have my expectations in check.

It's totally unpossible to be as good as Wolfenstein!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Has anyone beat it here on Gaf?(or anywhere else for that matter?)What were their closing thoughts/impressions?

The PS3 player beat the game last night, posting fully impressions a bit later today, he posted a lot of screens of the post-game content stuff I will not discuss here because spoilers. And two others.

Nothing in-depth, I wonder if the game has the effect where you want to beat it again once you've completed it.

Sanctuary

Nothing in-depth, I wonder if the game has the effect where you want to beat it again once you've completed it.

Unless it's truly awful, it will for challenge hounds.

Also caught a picture of the ad, had it pop up again after my last post.

Your background must be blinding.

Hmm

I wonder if they just bought into their own hype and are prisoners of the moment because it's the new game. Those are some pretty bold statements considering the love and praise people hold for RE4. RE4 is a great game. It's easily a 9 in my book. I just don't think I'd put it in my top 5 or even my top 10. Hell, it probably wouldn't make my top 20 or 30.

Hmm indeed.

I think I've heard "Great", "As good as RE4", and "Better than RE4", so far. But not from GAFfers.

Anyway, I still have my expectations in check.

Hmm

I wonder if they just bought into their own hype and are prisoners of the moment because it's the new game. Those are some pretty bold statements considering the love and praise people hold for RE4. RE4 is a great game. It's easily a 9 in my book. I just don't think I'd put it in my top 5 or even my top 10. Hell, it probably wouldn't make my top 20 or 30.

antitrop

Hmm

I think after replaying the HD version a few weeks ago, RE4 now sits at my #5 exactly. The first 4 are JRPGs, funny enough.

Top Bottom