• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinji Mikami's THE EVIL WITHIN |OT| Where's everyone going? Tango?

I enjoyed playing through Chrono Trigger for the first time more than losing my virginity.

I recall my brother saying those exact same words.

Is it strange that I consider RE2 my favorite, yet have purchased RE4 three times so far and have finished it twice as much?

Not at at all. Hell, half the time I enjoy REmake more. It's been a long while since I've played the rest. I just feel that, despite the departure in tone and gameplay and some minor grievances, RE4 is a damn near perfect game between its pacing, polish, and overall execution.

Drewfonse

jRbsGWhSnw42P.jpg
jHpmzrZGRFXCm.jpg

iHznhE59ND8tI.gif

Spoiler free impressions incoming in 3...2...1...

In the middle of replaying RE4 and I thought people who can no longer play the game because reasons would appreciate this (50MB with sound). Ending's cut off but blergh, too lazy to re-encode.
The village and shortly after this was just amazing for a first playthrough.

This is amazing. I can't believe the amount of variety the encounters can happen in such a small space. I just finished Bio6 and nothing in the entire game remotely compares to this.

edit:

Yup!

Mine was weird, it said they were both starter packs but worked after adding them anyway :S

This is what happened to me, see:

I'm confused about the GMG code.

The DLC one said it will work when you have the full game.

What I think is teh full game code says the game is still locked. What gives? Shouldn't I be able to pre load? Shouldn't it appear in my library?

edit2: I'm really blind, I see it in my library now.

Sanctuary

This is what happened to me, see:

I'm confused about the GMG code.

The DLC one said it will work when you have the full game.

What I think is teh full game code says the game is still locked. What gives? Shouldn't I be able to pre load? Shouldn't it appear in my library?

Steam hasn't actually started the pre-load yet. It should appear in your library though. I had a messed up message when entering the keys myself. The first said that I had to activate the main game first, so I just thought that was the preorder bonus key, so when I tried the second key, it said that I was installing the Fighting Chance pack or whatever, but the game showed up in my library.

Yea, plus it puts it at the E's and not with the T's even though they have "The" in there.

That's not an abnormal way to sort at all. Though typically when they are going to do it like that, you would see it as Evil Within, The.

Akronis

Anyone know if this unlocks at midnight for Steam? Right now it look like 12:00pm on Tuesday and that would really suck :(

Edited because I'm a moron: Looks like I can't math and yea, it unlocks at midnight :S

vg260

Hm, got an email code for 25% off from GMG, and the game + season pass is only $6 more than the game alone. Have the PS4 version queued up from Gamefly. Temped to jump on the PC version. I have a 2GB GTX770 which I hope could run this at 60fps, but it's not clear yet...decisions...

I hope some reviews pop up shortly.

Hm, got an email code for 25% off from GMG, and the game + season pass is only $6 more than the game alone. Have the PS4 version queued up from Gamefly. Temped to jump on the PC version. I have a 2GB GTX770 which I hope could run this at 60fps, but it's not clear yet...decisions...

I hope some reviews pop up shortly.

I have the same card. I think it should be fine. Pretty good deal for $49 you get the game + dlc. I just hope the dlc is worth it...

Are there any video comparisons of last/current gen versions?

I'm debating picking up a PS4 because of this. RE4 is in my top five games of all time, and if they were successful with this it's kinda tough to swallow the idea of playing it on a 360...

Ahh, I'm so jealous of everyone who has the game already! Lucky bastards. I'm just going to sitting near my door all Tuesday afternoon after I get back from class, waiting for the UPS guy to deliver it :/

Skyzard

Banned
Try to restart Steam.
Btw my DL speed it really fluctuating, man guess my internet connection doesn't cut it anymore, 50 MB/s just not enough for those huge games anymore.

It's fluctuating a lot for me too.

Though I assume I'll get it done way before the 3 and a half days before it unlocks :p

It's fluctuating a lot for me too.

Though I assume I'll get it done way before the 3 and a half days before it unlocks :p

Guess everyone is pre-loading atm, and I guess so too, that it will be done before the 14th :p
Weird that we can pre load so early than PS4 and Xbox One owners.

AsfaeksBR

Who's doing the Spoiler thread?
Me and a lot of other people are getting our games later, and I don't want the OT to be filled with spoilers.

Top Bottom