• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shirtless FF League |S2| Revenge is a dish best served Shirtless

ChanHuk

Banned
I may be Asian and I also may have pinkeye, but I'm not blind Dutch Mongrel.

Only a degenerate fool like yourself would think Emma Stone is hotter, fuckin fake German.

Milchjon

Jane Levy is the new hotness

tumblr_mbrw8vRONs1rgtu9ho2_r1_500.gif

ChanHuk

Banned
I'm sure you Germans are blinded by the curb stomping us Americans gave to you Germans in WWII and in the Olympics.

UberTag

Can't wait to destroy you in Week 1.
Can't wait to see how many of your 3 tight ends you field in your lineup.
The real shame is that you have the same number of running backs on your roster and two of them split carries.

On the bright side this will be one of the handful of weeks you'll get something out of Amendola because you just know he'll wind up with some season-ending injury sometime in October.

Fox318

'Huge stretch' Gronk will be ready

It is "not realistic" to expect New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski, who underwent offseason back and forearm surgery, to be ready to play in the team's regular-season opener against the Bills in Buffalo, sources familiar with the situation said Monday.

"It's a huge stretch to think he could play against the Bills," the source said.

Despite that, another source said Gronkowski "looks great, is doing great" during his workouts at the Patriots' training facility, where he has been running and lifting.

Progress is being made, but not enough for there to be much confidence Gronkowski will be ready for the start of this season. Before then, one of the biggest roster decisions New England will have to make is whether to carry Gronkowski on the 53-man roster or place him on the physically unable to perform list, which would automatically sideline him for at least the first six games.

What the Patriots do with Gronkowski also could impact quarterback Tim Tebow, who is on the roster bubble in New England. Should New England place Gronkowski on the PUP list, it would give the Patriots additional roster flexibility that could mean carrying a third quarterback.

But if Gronkowski is not placed on PUP and stays on the roster, that will be one fewer spot available on the Patriots' roster.

UberTag

DAMMIT UBERTAG! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE A NICE GUY!
I took my shirt off while drafting my team. I thought that was awfully considerate of me.

I would also deem it nice that I'm pointing out the flaws in my opponent's lineup weeks before facing him.
A mean individual wouldn't bother doing that. He'd embarrass his opponent, gloat and then point out the holes in his lineup while rubbing his face in it.

UberTag

Greg's team is the best one posted so far

actually i like fox's a lot as well
I agree wholeheartedly with you on both points.
Greg has the best team on paper when it comes to proven fantasy performers.
My own team is vulnerable in light of the fact that it's heavily comprised of guys who had a great 2012 but haven't shown they can follow up a good season.
Greg's guys have a proven track record whereas I can guarantee you someone I picked up will flame out as a one-year wonder.

Fox has a nice squad but is light on RB depth.
Frankman noted its most glaring deficiency - Run DMC can't be depended upon.

Fox318

I agree wholeheartedly with you on both points.
Greg has the best team on paper when it comes to proven fantasy performers.
My own team is vulnerable in light of the fact that it's heavily comprised of guys who had a great 2012 but haven't shown they can follow up a good season.
Greg's guys have a proven track record whereas I can guarantee you someone I picked up will flame out as a one-year wonder.

Fox has a nice squad but is light on RB depth.
Frankman noted its most glaring deficiency - Run DMC can't be depended upon.

Everytime I was gonna get a rb you or greg picked him up.

UberTag

Also, I like how you can easily discern the owners who will have losing records this season by the volume of celebrity chick pics they post in this thread.

Godslay

Banned
Godslay, what do you want for Tebow? I need some divine intervention.

Tebow will come to you when the time is right. Von Miller told me he saw Tebow in a peyote induced vision running Shirtless and free with Gronk, holding hands in the wheat, singing songs of yesteryear.

ChanHuk

Banned
iQsXJK9RtpK7d.gif

OT delivering Anna Kendrick is smoking put her and Kate Mara together and BOOM.

McFadden might have a good season being that its a contract year. Too bad our O-line sucks.

UberTag

McFadden might have a good season being that its a contract year. Too bad our O-line sucks.
Run DMC could put up pitiful Shonn Greene-esque numbers and average less than 3 yards per rush and it would be considered a positive season for him if he just manages to play a full 16 games without getting hurt.

I know, I'm just reading this thread and the absolute ethering Ubertag is doing on y'all.

Some of you guys' only hope is to hire me as a Fantasy Guru/Consultant.

Show us your team!

I completely underestimated the difference between a 12/14 team draft and a 16 team draft.

Super Gronk Bros.
1. (3) Marshawn Lynch (Sea - RB)
2. (22) Reggie Bush (Det - RB)
3. (27) Julio Jones (Atl - WR)
4. (46) Marques Colston (NO - WR)
5. (51) Wes Welker (Den - WR)
6. (70) Giovani Bernard (Cin - RB)
7. (75) Daryl Richardson (StL - RB)
8. (94) Fred Davis (Was - TE)
9. (99) Kenbrell Thompkins (NE - WR)
10. (118) Joe Flacco (Bal - QB)
11. (123) DeAndre Hopkins (Hou - WR)
12. (142) Andy Dalton (Cin - QB)
13. (147) Baltimore (Bal - DEF)
14. (166) Robbie Gould (Chi - K)

Normal scoring. Some reaches here and there. I missed out on the QBs I wanted so I waited as long as possible really. Probably drafted Thompkins a little too high, but the draft was full of locals.

Shirtless bros, I need help in another league I'm in. Here's my team (12 team league):

QB - Andrew Luck
RB - Arian Foster
RB - Frank Gore
WR - Demaryius Thomas
WR - Mike Wallace
TE - Owen Daniels
Flex - David Wilson
D/ST - Pats (yuck)
K - Randy Bullock

Bench:
Montee Ball, Antonio Brown, DeAngelo Williams, Mike Williams, Eli Manning, Kenbrell Thompkins, Josh Gordon, Brian Hartline.

Okay, so I really want Trent Truck and told the guy who had him I'd like to trade. Here's what he offered me:

Send:

D. Thomas
Montee Ball
Antonio Brown

Receive:

Trent Truck
Hakeem Nicks
Cecil Shorts

What do you guys think? Decent trade or not?

Okay, so I really want Trent Truck and told the guy who had him I'd like to trade. Here's what he offered me:

Send:

D. Thomas
Montee Ball
Antonio Brown

Receive:

Trent Truck
Hakeem Nicks
Cecil Shorts

What do you guys think? Decent trade or not?

If it were me I think I would bite. WR2 might be a little weaker, but your RB depth would be nuts.

Godslay

Banned
If it were me I think I would bite. WR2 might be a little weaker, but your RB depth would be nuts.

I agree. Especially since he has a flex spot. Foster, Gore, and Trent is a three-headed monster. As long as they are healthy that's a damn good RB squad. Losing DT to the other guys is a step down, but I still think this offsets it. Could be wrong though, but I can't imagine DT picking up significantly more TDs now that Welker is there. I also think Montee will be the goalline back, potentially the featureback, but not in the same realm as Trent imo.

I agree. Especially since he has a flex spot. Foster, Gore, and Trent is a three-headed monster. As long as they are healthy that's a damn good RB squad. Losing DT to the other guys is a step down, but I still think this offsets it. Could be wrong though, but I can't imagine DT picking up significantly more TDs now that Welker is there. I also think Montee will be the goalline back, potentially the featureback, but not in the same realm as Trent imo.
Thanks, guys. I'm doing it! The big reservation I had that I forgot to mention is that this guy is a Broncos fan and the guy who runs the league is also a Broncos fan. Losing Ball and Thomas means I lose two of my biggest pieces of trade material but I think this trade is probably worth it.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
BG tell me how it feels when Trent Truck alone outscores your entire fantasy team in week 1!!

D'angelo.jpg

UberTag

Props to Godslay for scooping up Joique Bell while I'm preoccupied with conventions, film festivals and other leagues now that Mikel Leshoure has been rendered useless.

He's going to win the league once again from you guys if you're not careful.

Top Bottom