• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shirtless FF League |S2| Revenge is a dish best served Shirtless

Godslay

Banned
Do5NOQT.png

Not bad, have fun rooting for the Broncos D though. Some badass WRs you got there.

Trindon Holliday though.

Greg

I'm waiting for UberTag's post where he breaks down all of our teams.

And Larry is still sitting at his computer telling us to hurry up.

Godslay

Banned
My horrible team

C.J. Spiller
Jimmy Graham
Andrew Luck
Tony Gonzalez
Rashard Mendenhall
Mike Williams
Golden Tate
Andre Brown
Carson Palmer
Ryan Broyles
Alshon Jeffery
Marcel Reece
Kansas City Chiefs
Lance Dunbar
Mason Crosby

UberTag

I'm waiting for UberTag's post where he breaks down all of our teams.

And Larry is still sitting at his computer telling us to hurry up.
Dude, I've been awake for over 33 consecutive hours.
I'm afraid a multi-team breakdown isn't coming any time soon.

Relatively happy with my team despite only doing minimal pre-draft prep this year...

ShirtlessRoster2013_zpsdc4ec4a1.png

Was very happy to see the Muscle Hamster fall to 5th. I selected the #5 slot because I wanted to assure myself landing one of ADP, Martin, Foster, Charles or Spiller. I think it's crazy that Charles hung around until the 11th pick.

Wanted to nab one of Bush or Miller as my RB2 on the rebound and got my top choice there as well. I had to grab Kaep early in the 3rd knowing that QBs would go quickly in the deep format. Wanted to choose one with a solid OT and good prospects for the season... couldn't count on Ryan hanging around until my pick in the 4th despite NFL.com ranking him low.

Receiver was obligatory in Round 4 to fill a void and I took the best #1 receiver available with no injury question marks (like Nicks or Nelson). Locked down my 3rd RB in Round 5 with D-Rich... locking down 3 non-committee RBs was my primary objective given the RB flex spot and the depth at receiver.

To breakdown the rest of my team, I grabbed Leshoure as insurance due to Lions starting RBs invariably getting hurt.
I love my young receiver corps... the only WR I'm not entirely thrilled by is Blackmon but he'll essentially serve as a pseudo-cuff for Shorts in case he regresses or gets hurt. Will only be fielding two receivers most weeks anyhow.

Vincent Brown and Christine Michael are my lottery tickets. Love Vincent if he can stay healthy with Danario hurt again and Christine will have starting RB upside with that offensive line should Lynch get hurt or his back flairs up again.

Happy to backup Kaep with Bradford. Will be interesting to see if he can put a solid fantasy season together for once with new toys in Austin and Cook and a year of developing chemistry with Givens under his belt. Owning 3 Rams isn't ideal but at least I'm not in a position where I have to start all of them on a given week (i.e. those 4 unpleasant matchups vs. the 49ers/Seachickens D).

Owen Daniels isn't a flashy pick but I didn't want to reach on Tight End and invariably anyone I liked better kept getting snapped up. I have no earthly clue why ANYONE would want more than one Tight End on their roster unless they owned Gronk after last season's inconsistent numbers. And yet I see many teams with two or three of them. I waited until the only choices left from my hitlist were Daniels, Fred Davis and Pettigrew and grabbed the one I liked the best.

Also waited on Defense and my Kicker - was perfectly content to let people reach on others they liked more. Replacement kickers always emerge due to injury and defenses are largely guesswork at this point in the fantasy season.

Sanjuro

...my autopilot team doesn't look that bad, no? Except for being home to filthy fucking Cowboys.

I've been burning the candle at both ends lately, bros.

I really like this team. Explosive with some real nice talent all around. Only thing is you're missing a really good 3rd RB for when McFadden gets hurt and misses 8 games
dreamteam2.png

I have a fantasy team with Christian Ponder. Hmm.
Not digging your bench at all. Drafting 2 Defenses? Also Lamar Miller better break out, GM wants Daniel Thomas involved in the O.
9SiGpGY.png

forgot to include

GREEN BAY ADVERSITY DEFENSE
Another solid team. You have WR depth and TE depth in case Nelson misses regular season time, and depth in case you need to make a trade to a team that didn't draft well. I'm sure Ubertag will recount The Law of 0-4 in here at some point.

Not digging your bench at all. Drafting 2 Defenses? Also Lamar Miller better break out, GM wants Daniel Thomas involved in the O.
My depth is garbage, but in a 16 team league does it really matter? If someone key goes down you're pretty much screwed regardless. My RB situation isn't great though, and I'm definitely taking a big risk on Miller. I drafted the Dolphins D at the end because more Dolphins = more awesome.

My depth is garbage, but in a 16 team league does it really matter? If someone key goes down you're pretty much screwed regardless. My RB situation isn't great though, and I'm definitely taking a big risk on Miller. I drafted the Dolphins D at the end because more Dolphins = more awesome.
... if you get depth you're then not screwed as much when you have injuries. Someone is going to draft kickers/D way too early, and that's when you stockpile potential trade assets. Also it's not that I dislike Miller, he should be the bell cow in that O. It's that the idiot GM drafted Thomas and doesn't want people to see he's a moron. Trying to force a RBBC on the coach.

... if you get depth you're then not screwed as much when you have injuries. Someone is going to draft kickers/D way too early, and that's when you stockpile potential trade assets. Also it's not that I dislike Miller, he should be the bell cow in that O. It's that the idiot GM drafted Thomas and doesn't want people to see he's a moron. Trying to force a RBBC on the coach.
My point is it's hard to get quality depth in a league this big. The chances of someone absorbing a majory injury and still competing are slim. I'm not saying depth is meaningless, but once you get to the last round or two I don't think it's going to matter too much if you take another TE or a D. But even relative to this league my depth is bad, I won't deny it.

Thomas has looked pretty solid in preseason, I have no problem with him being on the roster and getting some carries (as a Dolphins fan, not as a fantasy owner, haha). He just needs to hold onto the ball.

...my autopilot team doesn't look that bad, no? Except for being home to filthy fucking Cowboys.

I've been burning the candle at both ends lately, bros.

I actually kinda like your team. I should totally let the computer draft for me next year, to have at winning some games.

UberTag

I actually kinda like your team. I should totally let the computer draft for me next year, to have at winning some games.
Normally, I would discourage someone from letting the computer auto-draft their team.
But in your case I definitely think that's good advice to follow. ^^;

Normally, I would discourage someone from letting the computer auto-draft their team.
But in your case I definitely think that's good advice to follow. ^^;

Leave me alone, I
don't
know what I'm doing!

I just got too excited and it kinda went wrong from the start. Still, in my fantasy career, I've never missed the playoffs and I ain't starting now. Just gotta do what I do with the waiver wire and all that.

And if it all fails, I just burn down the league and take all you with me in a raging fine party.

You fucking fucks, my roster sucks. I blame snes.

Don't go out to have lunch then, you donkey.

ChanHuk

Banned
Fuck Dutch, Fuck Milch, fuck snes, fuck everyone.

I will decimate you all with the inebriated Chan train.

PS Dutch Mongrel, Alison Brie is indefinitely hotter than Emma Stone

Last year I only won a single game. This year? Going for two.

2 games seems realistic for me as well.

Fuck Dutch, Fuck Milch, fuck snes, fuck everyone.

I will decimate you all with the inebriated Chan train.

PS Dutch Mongrel, Alison Brie is indefinitely hotter than Emma Stone

You're obviously blind.

:snes

Also, Gronk probably won't be back for week 1. GG Dutch.

Shut up, why you think I drafted Sudfeld? I'm well prepared, biiiiiiiitch

Top Bottom