• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shirtless FF League |S2| Revenge is a dish best served Shirtless

tumblr_mbia5oYZ8c1rstfoqo1_500.gif

LevelNth

Banned
Is there a general fantasy football thread to ask others opinions, or can we do that here or what not? I've always wondered if there was a general thread, especially with how big FF is now.

Is there a general fantasy football thread to ask others opinions, or can we do that here or what not? I've always wondered if there was a general thread, especially with how big FF is now.

You're free to ask everything in here, but take our advice at your own risk ;)! But I do think there is a real FF thread, it's just not active atm.

Shit I hope there's a mobile app for this draft or I might be SOL suddenly. :(

Furk

LevelNth

Banned
You're free to ask everything in here, but take our advice at your own risk ;)! But I do think there is a real FF thread, it's just not active atm.
Alright, I'll fire away. Sorry for how long this might be.

I'm in a 10 team keeper league, 4 keepers with no special rules against who to keep. The draft functions like the NFL; spots based on previous season. Essentially it's just a regular, non-snake draft with 40 guys off the board to start.

Anyways, I traded away my 1st and 2nd round picks last year in a big deal that netted me AP and Julio Jones early in the season, and it was worth it cause I won the championship. I was able to retrieve a 2nd rounder in a different trade too.

And I just traded Julio and that 2nd rounder for Forte and that owner's 1st round pick, which happens to be 1st overall. He REALLY wanted Julio (and I didn't really want to trade him since this is a keeper league), but I still feel I got a good deal.

So as it stands, I have AP, Megatron, Randall Cobb, Forte, Gronk and David Wilson as possible keepers, with AP, Megatron and Forte pretty much locked already.

Who do you guys recommend keeping as my 4th, with the understanding that the other two may be able to be dealt for another pick. I'm leaning to keeping Cobb and dealing Gronk and Wilson right now...

Shit I hope there's a mobile app for this draft or I might be SOL suddenly. :(

Might be a little short notice to change the draft date, since this seemed like the best date available.

Offline draft was easier. In some ways.

RBDWdh7.png

Is this the right draft order? Garden of Weeden is Kave?

UberTag

Offline drafts are a lot of fun.
I actually prefer them even though it's a much more protracted process.
Allows more time for trash talk and pick-by-pick analysis.

My draft format preference in order...

6) Auto-draft - BOO!

5) Live snake draft w/ minimal time between picks (especially awful if it's a small 8-10 team league and you're drafting in the middle of the pack)

4) Live snake draft w/ comfortable breaks between picks (90-120 seconds - although this goes away if people bail and go into auto-draft mode - which I'll never understand - drafting smart is the difference between winning and losing most leagues - I'm going to be drafting live until my very last pick on Sunday despite being awake 30+ hours - it's not hard)

3) Auction draft (so much fun - love nominating hotly contested players to bleed people's auction dollars away when they don't know how to budget)

2) Offline draft

1) And the best draft format at all... live, in person, with a big ass draft board, beer, lots of food and nobody wearing shirts!

Godslay

Banned
Changed my name to Behold a Pale Horse in reference to Peyton Manning.

This team will retain the world championship won under the retired name of Jerry's Glory Holes.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Might be a little short notice to change the draft date, since this seemed like the best date available.

RBDWdh7.png

Is this the right draft order? Garden of Weeden is Kave?

Yup Garden of Weeden is me.

But seriously don't bother changing the draft date if I'm the only one who might not be able to make it.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

Yup Garden of Weeden is me.

But seriously don't bother changing the draft date if I'm the only one who might not be able to make it.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

I believe Chan has to work as well, but if it's only you 2 we might just do it this Sunday, since everybody else is good to go. You can set up your pre-draft rankings really well at NFL.com which it will follow automatically for you during the draft if you're not there.

Didn't the offline draft take us about 5 weeks to do though?

It also cost me a year of my life with manually adding the players, keeping the lists updated with the players drafted and the manual reset and being forced to fill it all in again.

I'll be on vacation at the beach this coming Sunday when the draft hits. You might think that makes it more difficult for me to take part but on the contrary, it only makes it easier for me to be shirtless!

Wes

venison crêpe
Isn't it possible for Kave to set up a shortlist of his preferred draft order, so he doesn't end up drafting completely randomly? I'm sure I've seen that system in a FF game somewhere.

I'll be on vacation at the beach this coming Sunday when the draft hits. You might think that makes it more difficult for me to take part but on the contrary, it only makes it easier for me to be shirtless!

Awesome.

Isn't it possible for Kave to set up a shortlist of his preferred draft order, so he doesn't end up drafting completely randomly? I'm sure I've seen that system in a FF game somewhere.

Yeah, those are the pre-draft rankings I was talking about.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Yeah I'll figure something out don't worry. Worst case lots of trades!

Or I may be able to do some of it through my phone. It is a Note 2 so it might be able to do the draft, we'll see.

If not...TRENT TRUCK ERR DAY!

Wes

venison crêpe
Yeah I'll figure something out don't worry. Worst case lots of trades!

Or I may be able to do some of it through my phone. It is a Note 2 so it might be able to do the draft, we'll see.

If not...TRENT TRUCK ERR DAY!

Kave if you let me draft Trent Truck I can give him back to you at a later date.

UberTag

Kave's pre-draft rankings should be as follows:

1) Trent Truck
2) RBs that are actually good that he could trade for Trent Truck
3) Gronk
4) Kickers
5) The Toronto Maple Leafs
6) Aaron Hernandez
7) Everyone Else

I doubt I'll make it. 11AM on Sunday I have an obligation with God.

Note: I have set my pre-rankings and will auto-pick my way to a championship.

Fucking hell, why not tell me this shit earlier!

If Milchjon and Wes don't mind (And everybody else, but mostly them because of the time difference), we can push it back an hour or two if that's better for 'you people'.

If Milchjon and Wes don't mind (And everybody else, but mostly them because of the time difference), we can push it back an hour or two if that's better for 'you people'.

Last time I checked, the draft was at 1PM. Didn't know draft changed until today.

Milchjon

I think I'll be able to do whatever time.

Although I got a nagging feeling that auto-draft would actually be better for my chances.

Wes

venison crêpe

As long as someone spams me in PM on IRC when we start I can make later. I can stay up later if essential.

UberTag

Been awake for 29 straight hours or so.
Still holding strong.
May make a run to get a power shot before the draft kicks off.

Top Bottom