• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

ReiGun

Nothing about the main event story makes sense. Seth is mad KO was handed the Championship even though he's spent the last year or so being handed things by Steph and Trips. KO is mad the fans for...supporting him. Roman has to earn title shots even though Mick and Steph have no problem handing them to Seth, despite both men being screwed by Hunter.

Everyone's motivations and actions are all over the place.

Yeah, this is really not a good look.

From the sounds of this thread, it seems like WWE knows they're losing viewers to MNF anyway, so why even bother putting on a quality show. This way they can throw shit at a wall and use whatever sticks.

UberTag

Hmm Raw's in Baltimore next week.

Might try to see if I can get some nose bleed seats.
WrassleGAF tonight... "This RAW was an abomination."
Random poster thinks to himself... "Hmmm... show's hitting my town next week. I should give WWE some of my money."

Alucard

Banned
Nothing about the main event story makes sense. Seth is mad KO was handed the Championship even though he's spent the last year or so being handed things by Steph and Trips. KO is mad the fans for...supporting him. Roman has to earn title shots even though Mick and Steph have no problem handing them to Seth, despite both men being screwed by Hunter.

Everyone's motivations and actions are all over the place.

Yeah, this is really not a good look.

Gotta get those subs somehow. Russo's just milking the past to make some cash. Can't hate on him as a business man trying to make some money.

Fantomex

In the end they're protecting Seth from horrible ratings. Kevin and Dean are gonna be the fall guys.

I wish the merch wasn't such a driving force so we could go back to the TV14 era at least

nah dude, these guys can't comprehend Hockey... I mean we're talking about a crowd of people who need 3 min of replays, analysis and ads between every 15 seconds of action to understand how the ball went from point A to point B

True.

SHOOTEMBER.

I agree with you 100%. Football is an awful sport, and even worse live. Hockey 4 life.

Go Pens.

Congrats on the cup friend. Nick Bonino the god.

ReiGun

Random poster thinks to himself... "Hmmm... show's hitting my town next week. I should give WWE some of my money."

I'm aware of the contradiction. lol

I mean, why even pretend I don't care on some level? I still show up to watch this shit every week. Attending it live might be fun.

Though ideally, it would be Smackdown :(

RBH

I don't think we have Bojangles in Oklahoma. Maybe I'd get some if RBH would ever invite me over to his trailer.
ddplol.gif

I'll take a million Kane vs Milkman matches over half the shit that happened tonight on Raw.

But Stone Cold Alicia Fox is A+. Now we just need Summer Bae focus.

Alucard

Banned

I went to one Raw over a year ago just to see Bret Hart and Chris Jericho in person. Otherwise...it was an AWFUL FOUR-HOUR EXPERIENCE. Never going to a live Raw ever again unless the quality of the show suddenly changes. Doubt it based on how things have been going for years now.

Thanks, man. Hoping for a repeat this season with so much of the team still staying together. Hope they can all stay healthy again. That made a huge difference in the playoffs.

Unless the Canadiens win the cup by firing our coach halfway through the season like you guys did. I don't care who wins the cup really except if it's Boston or Tampa Bay.

Fuck them

Fox318

is Jericho booked for Clash yet? Maybe he can interfere, cost Roman his match next week, and Roman/Jericho work a program for the next few weeks.

probably the plan.

They don't save big matches anymore and they have too much TV to fill.

Sting for example didn't wrestle in 1997 yet they made bank. Now the model is flood the network with content and meet USA's stupid demands with 5+ hours a week.

Right now what are the big matches for a mania?

Every single one people will name will feature part timers that don't wrestle every day or Talent that aren't on the roster.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
probably the plan.

They don't save big matches anymore and they have too much TV to fill.

Sting for example didn't wrestle in 1997 yet they made bank. Now the model is flood the network with content and meet USA's stupid demands with 5+ hours a week.

Right now what are the big matches for a mania?

Every single one people will name will feature part timers that don't wrestle every day or Talent that aren't on the roster.

I've been watching the Monday Night War era and they were actually much worse at giving big matches each and every week. Hell when Smackdown shows up in 1999 even with WCW in the toilet they end up giving out two PPV level title matches a week and plenty of title changes and big gimmick matches.

The thing with Sting in 1997 was an exception.

Fox318

I've been watching the Monday Night War era and they were actually much worse at giving big matches each and every week. Hell when Smackdown shows up in 1999 even with WCW in the toilet they end up giving out two PPV level title matches a week and plenty of title changes and big gimmick matches.

The thing with Sting in 1997 was an exception.

except they were trying to get eyeballs on the product and pop ratings by doing the craziest shit every week to follow a story.

Now they have so many masters to listen to its a mess.

tri_willy

Wait... no Triple H explanation as to why he did what he did???

Or is this a...

Steph: It was me Seff!!! It was me all along Seff!!!

Finally caught up, mailed in garbage show this week. I am so tired of forced, slow, boring in ring promos. More vignettes and backstage segments if you are going to devote so much time to talking. Writing and delivery is awful.

Top Bottom