• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Cagey

Banned
SunnyMac, my similarly named spouse unprovokedly commented that Dana Brooke looks like she loves Thanksgiving. 😕
How was Raw?

Did Seth have to do anything besides whine to get yet another title shot?

That plus beat Jericho
Seth gets some scarf wearing Bon Jovi adjace dude to earn a title shot. Meanwhile we got to beat the champ to get into a triple threat. Ain't that some shit.
what a shocker
Beef has Shootember MVP in his crosshairs.

From the sounds of this thread, it seems like WWE knows they're losing viewers to MNF anyway, so why even bother putting on a quality show. This way they can throw shit at a wall and use whatever sticks.

Why bother putting quality up against the presidential and VP debates too. Or baseball. Or basketball. Or hockey. Or soccer. Or Olympics. Or cable. Or not enough Network subs. Etc. etc. etc.

If you always have an excuse for why you're losing viewers, here's an idea: maybe it's because you're bad! If you blame everyone and everything for why your company is sucking, and then it's all out of the equation, and then you're still sucking, whose fault can it be beside your own?

SunnyMac, my similarly named spouse unprovokedly commented that Dana Brooke looks like she loves Thanksgiving. 😕

Seth gets some scarf wearing Bon Jovi adjace dude to earn a title shot. Meanwhile we got to beat the champ to get into a triple threat. Ain't that some shit.
BTeVDcM.png

I don't appreciate this JeriGOAT slander, but yeah, I see what you're saying...that is some bullshit.

Beef has Shootember MVP in his crosshairs.

smh I was going to get you a copy of Bon's next album when it drops along with my preorder but not anymore!

Cagey

Banned
BTeVDcM.png

I don't appreciate this JeriGOAT slander, but yeah, I see what you're saying...that is some bullshit.
Ha right there with with you. I had to momentarily tear him down to make my point, which was, shockingly, to defend Roman Reigns and disparage Seth Rollins.

The main event makes sense on the immediate wrassler level (Seth: I was screwed! Roman: I was screwed before be was!) but I wonder how long it takes for them to have any sort of story with Hunter Hearst Helmsley.

Fantomex

Everyone pipe down with your CM PUNK chants, I have an announcement to make. Based on the recent RAW bookings, I have decided that the next WWE event me and my son will be attending will be the NXT Los Angeles event. This was a difficult decision knowing how much I like Sethkun and Sashakun, but I couldn't resist this man and his awesomeness.

4351ac21294812fb63d3e793d10fe1dc477471e8_hq.gif

Thank You.

The RAW Counterweight stuff has me thinking.... The current way WWE introduces / moves up talent to the main roster is kind of a mess.

You got people being called up way too early. (Apollo Crews, Dana Brooke, Carmella, Vaudvillians)
You got people being called up years after they should have. (Finn Balor, Bayley)
And now you got a bunch of random flippy indie guys just walking through the door and going straight to RAW.

There is no real logic to it. There probably should be. The path from NXT to WWE should make more sense then a dice roll.

Aside from how terrible Raw is as a whole. It's awful watching in one night, how they suck the steam out of some of the hottest NXT feuds.

Instead of having matches like Bayley/Charlotte & Kevin/Sami, being kept apart and teased for months with build, like the simple storytelling NXT had, they're repeatedly thrown away in the middle of Raw with no buildup or stakes.

I look forward to them calling up Samoa/Nak and doing the same thing. It's remarkable that people want callups so bad when the entertainment surrounding most guys takes a complete nosedive.

Aside from how terrible Raw is as a whole. It's awful watching in one night, how they suck the steam out of some of the hottest NXT feuds.

Instead of having matches like Bayley/Charlotte & Kevin/Sami, being kept apart and teased for months with build, like the simple storytelling NXT had, they're repeatedly thrown away in the middle of Raw with no buildup or stakes.

I look forward to them calling up Samoa/Nak and doing the same thing. It's remarkable that people want callups so bad when the entertainment surrounding most guys takes a complete nosedive.

Every time the mentality is "THIS ONE WILL BE DIFFERENT"

Couldn't even begin to count how much times I saw that just for Finn this year alone. You had people in January saying "there's no way that'll go wrong".

(To be fair, even those of us who thought "of course it would" didn't expect what transpired. Getting the only thing people might like about you given away for free the Raw before the PPV, and then getting injured/out for the year at the PPV, is new. Changes the game up for those two.)

Every time the mentality is "THIS ONE WILL BE DIFFERENT"

Couldn't even begin to count how much times I saw that just for Finn this year alone. You had people in January saying "there's no way that'll go wrong".

(To be fair, even those of us who thought "of course it would" didn't expect what transpired. Getting the only thing people might like about you given away for free the Raw before the PPV, and then getting injured/out for the year at the PPV, is new. Changes the game up for those two.)

Yeah, the odds are really stacked against NXT alumni.

Owens & Enzo are clearly flourishing. But Neville, Sami, Tyler, Vaudevillains, Sasha, Emma and others were over as fuck and have been either completely mishandled since their debuts or got their character assassinated.

Pikma

Banned
Wait I just saw the latest Cruiserweight Division teaser, Will Metalik, Gallagher and Tozawa really be part of it?

Holy fucking shit if so

Owens & Enzo are clearly flourishing. But Neville, Sami, Tyler, Vaudevillains, Sasha, Emma and others were over as fuck and have been either completely mishandled since their debuts or got their character assassinated.

Breeze never stood a chance. It's sad to say but that was probably the likeliest dud there was on that roster. Neville might thrive in the Cruiserweight division, which is kinda sad because you don't want to say anybody needed this shit brand split, but that was the only chance he had of being salvaged.

Toki767

Wait I just saw the latest Cruiserweight Division teaser, Will Metalik, Gallagher and Tozawa really be part of it?

Holy fucking shit if so

Metalik for some reason I thought was confirmed a while ago.

I actually expect him to win the CWC if it isn't Ibushi.

Wagram

Sasha is fine really. She had to deal with crappy content for awhile, but so did Owens. Remember that trash with Ryback and also repeatedly losing to Cena/Ambrose? She has the audience's support and she'll have her long run with the title soon enough.

If anything feel bad for Becky.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Sasha shouldn't be on that list. She's perfectly well over, had some good matches, and is still an inconsistent talker. So exactly the same as before.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

I look forward to the Big Show knocking out Shinsuke Nakamura on a random Raw next June for no reason.

Sasha is fine really. She had to deal with crappy content for awhile, but so did Owens. Remember that trash with Ryback and also repeatedly losing to Cena/Ambrose? She has the audience's support and she'll have her long run with the title soon enough.

If anything feel bad for Becky.

Owens stepped on Cena's US Title and beat him clean at a PPV, sure he lost at the end of his feud with Cena, but he really wasn't going trough a bad run there.

Holy fucking shit if so

Metalik was I think signed to an NXT contract.

Metalik for some reason I thought was confirmed a while ago.

I actually expect him to win the CWC
if it isn't Ibushi.

Well, he is the best wrestler in the CWC so it shouldn't come as a surprise.

If Kota or Zabre Jr win I will fucking riot.

Top Bottom