• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Just like the significant third hour drop for Raw this week. Only two possible reasons: fans knew it was Owens on last, or they knew it was Zayn/Owens again, this time on last. Both are unbelievably damning

For me, it had nothing to do with Owens/Zayn, I'll watch that match over and over again. It was Gallows/Anderson. That segment just made me not want to watch Raw anymore.

Caderfix

For me, it had nothing to do with Owens/Zayn, I'll watch that match over and over again. It was Gallows/Anderson. That segment just made me not want to watch Raw anymore.

I've skipped that part based in my opinion about both the New Day and Gallows/Anderson. Now, after reading how much people hated it, I kind of want to watch it to see what is that all about haha

Cr0jhUFWEAAqlOd.jpg:small

Char_Aznable_-_MSG3.jpg

What a mark
Holy shit

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
As fans we shouldn't care about ratings because there's far more context there that we are not privy to

Kurita

I've skipped that part based in my opinion about both the New Day and Gallows/Anderson. Now, after reading how much people hated it, I kind of want to watch it to see what is that all about haha
It was just boring and slow as fuck, and I like both teams

klonere

Banned
Decided I'm going to ICW's big show at Glasgow in November. This is along with the big Progress show in Brixton next month. Figured I might as well take the short trips over for Britain's biggest two shows of the year since they're just a hop, skip and a jump away from Ireland. Also never been to Scotland before so that's another new thing to do.

Oh, didn't think you'd spring for the ICW show. Will be great to have someone in the thread going.

See you at Brixton though!

Just like the significant third hour drop for Raw this week. Only two possible reasons: fans knew it was Owens on last, or they knew it was Zayn/Owens again, this time on last. Both are unbelievably damning

I know I would instantly switch off knowing I was getting another Owens/Zayn match with zero consequences, that actively spites the outcome of the previous feud

Even if I was curious to see what that Sasha promo was going to be I probably would have dropped out a few minutes in.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone

Not even close to the worst segment on a wrestling show ever. It just went on for way too long and none of the comedy for it landed.

Caderfix

I like how even Zayn was like "Well shit, I thought they were done with that too.". The match that "ended" the rivalry was ridiculous, simply amazing, then the WWE decided to book another match for no reason, out of the blue and with no consequences.

That was mind-blowing, as if keeping them both in the same brand wasn't stupid enough already.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I like how even Zayn was like "Well shit, I thought they were done with that too.". The match that "ended" the rivalry was ridiculous, simply amazing, then the WWE decided to book another match for no reason, out of the blue and with no consequences.

That was mind-blowing, as if keeping them both in the same brand wasn't stupid enough already.
Yep. They kept listening to the fans who want them to always have matches. WWE should stop listening to the fans and focus on their vision.

Kaladin

Zayn vs Owens will never end as the two will always be linked. I compare it to Triple H vs Mick Foley. They had an on again and off again feud until Trips was finally able to end it all by retiring Mick. That is the only way Zayn vs Owens will end on WWE TV.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone

Its not surprising at all. This is the same company that couldn't hold back demon king Finn for like 3 weeks until the PPV. They run everything into the ground, its just what they do. Same thing with the Gallows/Anderson doctor bits. They were mildly amusing, now lets give them like a 20 minute segment where we run the joke into the ground.

klonere

Banned
Yep. They kept listening to the fans who want them to always have matches. WWE should stop listening to the fans and focus on their vision.

yes, totally the fans fault. I can't believe the fans would book this match. Did the fans not know that would bomb the third hour.

Zayn vs Owens will never end as the two will always be linked. I compare it to Triple H vs Mick Foley. They had an on again and off again feud until Trips was finally able to end it all by retiring Mick. That is the only way Zayn vs Owens will end on WWE TV.
It didn't even end it all! Trips just betrayed Steph and Foley

Lothar

Banned

Fana would probably like to see a world title switch on every show and for heels to get beat by whoever is the fan favorite in every match. Yeah, sometimes it's better not to listen to the fans.

Recall

Is the Backlash card final?

Backlash 2016
Miz vs Ziggler
Orton vs Wyatt
Usos vs Hype Bros
Winner of tag match vs. Slater/Rhyno
Women's 6 Pack Elimination Match
AJ vs Ambrose

Recall

How do you know they listened to anyone?

Maybe it was the only ideas creative had? Or something Zayn and Owens wanted to do? We have no idea.

Assumptions and conjecture rule the wrestling world.

Backlash 2016
Miz vs Ziggler
Orton vs Wyatt
Usos vs Hype Bros
AJ vs Ambrose
They should've had the last two tag matches 3 tag matches on the card imo. An Uso turn on ppv would've been better.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Zayn and Owens being a thing isn't even really valid. Most of the people watching wrestling have zero hint at their past. It's just like us seeing Corbin and Ziggler, they don't come in with that baggage. Just tired of it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They do because there were video packages before battleground.
That's just WWE's footage, there's a lot more there indie dorks eat up and think are a holy grail

Fuck that matchup, and fuck their "history" - it's a blip compared to what they could do with others

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone

Backlash 2016
Miz vs Ziggler
Orton vs Wyatt
Usos vs Hype Bros
AJ vs Ambrose

Man, that is one dire card. I might watch AJ vs Ambrose, but hard pass on the rest. I'll be rooting for Miz though even if I'm not watching.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Damn Meltz shooting on backlash

Not watching it live
How about some context, RSS Bot? Are you not watching it live? Is Dave not? What "shoot" is he "shooting" on? Does he like the PPV setup? Does he hate it? Help

Also I'll be passing on the women's match due to Carmella being in it. She's got go-away heat with me.

bjork

How about some context, RSS Bot? Are you not watching it live? Is Dave not? What "shoot" is he "shooting" on? Does he like the PPV setup? Does he hate it? Help

Also I'll be passing on the women's match due to Carmella being in it. She's got go-away heat with me.

fuck

can't even go find a gif for this

bigkrev

What's he saying? And since when is Backlash in Sept? I thought it was after WM.

Says that he doesn't care about any of the matches, and that while taking Alpha off the show was the right thing- they shouldn't rush the belts on them and they shouldn't loose either- it kinda killed the show. He loves AJ but can't stand watching Ambrose matches ever since the brand split. He plans on watching Night of Champions live because he believes he owes watching 1 PPV a month live.

Backlash hasn't been a PPV in almost 10 years.

That's just WWE's footage, there's a lot more there indie dorks eat up and think are a holy grail

Fuck that matchup, and fuck their "history" - it's a blip compared to what they could do with others

Well I kind of both agree and disagree with you

-their indy matches were fantastic, though a little too kick-out-of-10000-finishers for my liking
-it's a great story imo, and the wwf handled it well in the lead up to battleground, and in NXT
but
-they should have slept on it till they're ready for the feud to involve the title. They're not ready now and it was a laziness/panic mix brought on by balor's injury.

Kaladin

So do brand split PPVs have to be 3 hours now? It seems like they can be done in 2 like the In Your House shows were and save the megathons for the big 4.

Top Bottom