• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Toki767

HHH wouldn't be stupid enough to do Gran Metalik vs TJ Perkins in the finals just because Ibushi and ZSJ haven't signed right?

Toki767

You kinda want your CWC winner to be one of your Raw guys.

Well yeah. Which is why I think Gran Metalik vs Ibushi with Metalik winning would be the best choice if Ibushi doesn't sign.

But I just hope he doesn't put Perkins over Ibushi because that would be a complete buzzkiller for the crowd.

cordy

Banned
Gran Metalik is a 28 year old Mexican luchador who will be a part of Raw's Cruiserweight Division. Given they're looking for a major Mexican star, he's their best shot right now given Kalisto's a failure. He will probably win this whole thing.

JambiBum

Does anyone else have a problem with Ember Moon's finisher? I like the look of it but the set up for it is garbage. Or at least it was in the match she had on this NXT. It requires her opponent to just stand there in position to take it. At least with most other top rope finishers the opponent is laying down because of a previous move. You could just watch her opponent stand there waiting to take it.

miserable

I'm rewatching WK9 and the presentation from the stage set to the entrances is so much better than WK10. I wonder why didn't they went all out at WK10 given that it was an important milestone event.

3VJSfI5.gif

klonere

Banned
Yaasss Dave is on the Riddle train at last.

CrznsmaWgAAbXdC.jpg:medium

About a match that is going to get a lot of talk

CrzeT28UEAUkvmp.jpg

And on his own celebrity within the context of PWG

CrzfW16UkAE9YNr.jpg

Why/how do they keep booking Kotaro Suzuki?????

Dick Togo vs Haskins and Ultimo Dragon vs Bubblegum for the next show as well - 4FW bring in some random names for what's mostly a family crowd. I'd guess they have contacts with NOAH and M-Pro, from when those promotions toured the UK in the past.

I just found out that Primo and Epico are in 2K17 STILL AS THE MATADORS

THEY WERE ALREADY OFF TV WHEN THE LAST GAME RELEASED, LET ALONE WHEN THEIR DLC WAS OUT

Browny

Banned
The Matador gimmick will never die, brother. I full expect Vince to have a couple of jobbers dress up as them to confront the Shining Stars, in a re-hash of Los Conquistadors.

Actually, I'd watch that.

Also MOTHER FUCKING DICK TOGO

klonere

Banned
Dick Togo vs Haskins and Ultimo Dragon vs Bubblegum for the next show as well - 4FW bring in some random names for what's mostly a family crowd. I'd guess they have contacts with NOAH and M-Pro, from when those promotions toured the UK in the past.

I still need to go back and watch Haskins/Suzuki. Did you ever watch it? Was it any good?

Ultimo Dragon vs Bubblegum is an incredible thing to put on a wrestling card.

I just found out that Primo and Epico are in 2K17 STILL AS THE MATADORS

THEY WERE ALREADY OFF TV WHEN THE LAST GAME RELEASED, LET ALONE WHEN THEIR DLC WAS OUT

lolYukes

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Gran Metalik is a 28 year old Mexican luchador who will be a part of Raw's Cruiserweight Division. Given they're looking for a major Mexican star, he's their best shot right now given Kalisto's a failure. He will probably win this whole thing.
Fine with that if that's how this shakes out. Everyone at this point still in CWC would make a great winner.

Sorry FlammableD, I'll always despise Dar. I hates his SOUL.

Striker

Remember when people were hyping up WWE getting Samuray del Sol?

He's not a failure unless you want to say WWE made him one. He's no speaker but neither was Rey.

The only way the cruiserweight division can succeed in the current form of WWE is if they just let it be it's own thing ala WCW mid-card. Keep the stories simple, don't involve the tag teams or upper tier stars (Styles, Cena, Rollins, Reigns, etc). Just let it be it's own thing and let the wrestling speak for itself.

PWG want's $15-20 per night of BOLA? Yeeeesh

Yeah, that's their standard per show price. Pretty standard indie DVD price, but the market is moving on for better or worse...

I priced out catching up on their 2016, and it was over $200, plus shipping, plus whatever customs hit me with. I may just download the rest and buy BOLA.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Missy Hyatt on today's Steve Austin show. Can't wait.

Recall

Neville was entertaining in NXT. Now he is a jobber.

One style works in one brand, but not the other. In-ring talent means nothing if you don't get those profile matches.

At least I have Styles to cheer for.

In hindsight, perhaps Kalisto would have been better off staying on the indies for a few years. He was just really starting to break out internationally at the time he signed, was on AAA & Dragon Gate's radar, plus Lucha Underground started the year after and you have to think Samuray Del Sol would've been someone they'd definitely look at.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
In hindsight, perhaps Kalisto would have been better off staying on the indies for a few years. He was just really starting to break out internationally at the time he signed, was on AAA & Dragon Gate's radar, plus Lucha Underground started the year after and you have to think Samuray Del Sol would've been someone they'd definitely look at.
I was one of those who was convinced Del Sol was going to be the next big thing. I was completely sold on him at the time and thought he was fully ready. I was wrong!

Heroman

Banned
I dont understand why Kalisto is booked like complete garbage considering that wwe has been trying forever to get the next latino star .

DMczaf

Alvarez just killed me this morning

"WWE can't get Roman Reigns over, but Matt Hardy got his fucking gardener over!!"

Top Bottom