• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Raw64life

Looking forward to the world title match. And I'm mildly interested in seeing who will become the first women's champion, although I think the match will be a clusterfuck. The rest of the card though.........yea.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well I kind of both agree and disagree with you

-their indy matches were fantastic, though a little too kick-out-of-10000-finishers for my liking
-it's a great story imo, and the wwf handled it well in the lead up to battleground, and in NXT
but
-they should have slept on it till they're ready for the feud to involve the title. They're not ready now and it was a laziness/panic mix brought on by balor's injury.
I guess my big problem is they aren't saving anything. Which is fine if you have better plans in place, lots of them. It just feels so goddamn premature.

Recall

So do brand split PPVs have to be 3 hours now? It seems like they can be done in 2 like the In Your House shows were and save the megathons for the big 4.

Summerslam was insane in length so I too would love this to be a 2 hour or 2 and a half hour show.

Give the time to the main event it needs and then whatever you want to the others. It's a network era so the shows can be any length though I guess you don't want to piss off the ticket buying audience.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Looking forward to the world title match. And I'm mildly interested in seeing who will become the first women's champion, although I think the match will be a clusterfuck. The rest of the card though.........yea.
I have faith it'll be Nikki. Return of the Mack. At the same time, Baggy Lunch is over as hell despite being a perennial loser. This could be her moment...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Punk has really been ruffling some feathers with MMA fans by throwing his money in people's faces lately. Gall gonna take 20% of his fat ass' purse and then choke him out.

Kaladin

Tempted as fuck to order UFC 203 for CM Punk, but I think if I'm gonna spend $60 on a fight, I'm gonna buy the BOLA blu-ray set.

Recall

With the story they've been having of Becky always losing/being turned on I hope she picks up the win and and another elimination with a shock inside cradle.

Then maybe she can earn her wins back from all those losses?

BVZb.png

CVZb.png

klonere

Banned
These international tours are saving live attendance btw, they did 8,000 for Raw and a record low 3,000 for Smackdown while they drew 11,000 for this house show in London.

Reigns pinned Jericho.

Jericho was cheered wildly so he cut a promo about how bad England is and how London is the anus of England. Reigns came out and was booed heavily. Jericho then grabbed the mic and started berating the crowd again. But they still booed Reigns.

When Jericho got Reigns in the Walls of Jericho, the place was chanting “tap, tap, tap.” Reigns speared him and the finish got loud boos except for some kids cheering.

JoJo plugged that Reigns merchandise was on sale and the place started booing heavily. She was trying not to laugh about the reaction

I know I'm a hypocrite but reading through the Observer this just stuck out to me [/quote]

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
With the story they've been having of Becky always losing/being turned on I hope she picks up the win and and another elimination with a shock inside cradle.

Then maybe she can earn her wins back from all those losses?
Becky being...turned on? I've missed some of her matches, that sounds really weird for them to try that

klonere

Banned
Hey Gedo I saw you are starting to fix the tag division what is your big plan for the Tag League? -

Billy Gun says
Cr13DtvWcAUYpSI.jpg:large

Gedo? GEDO??????

Becky is gonna eliminate someone with the Scorpion Death Drop and win with the Lock before Sting does a run down to the ring to reveal he's been secretly training her this whole time.

Then we move to the Wrestlemania 33 Charlotte w/ Flair vs Becky w/ Sting champion vs champion angle.

And before someone defends either of those images with "oh it's gotta be from the last gen"

No

that was from the fucking actual official gameplay trailer

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
30 pounds in 7 days?! Damn, The article says it's doable but unhealthy... VERY unhealthy and I question how doable it is. Not looking good.
He's going to lose that 20%, no doubt. Whoever is managing his dieting currently needs to take a hike, because he could have made this a LOT easier for himself.

klonere

Banned
I haven't slept at all in the last three days and while I don't get as much work done the work I do is better because in my near zombie state I am more relaxed and have greater ability to focus on tasks, which is totally backwards.

Wait. So in the entirety of Punk's two year journey to becoming an MMA fighter the guy not once practiced a weight cut? Is he like, legit trying to have this fight tossed out.

bjork

So the last UFC I watched was UFC 6, which means I know nothing about it. If he doesn't lose the weight, if the fight off?

I haven't slept at all in the last three days and while I don't get as much work done the work I do is better because in my near zombie state I am more relaxed and have greater ability to focus on tasks, which is totally backwards.

As someone who's had super bad issues with sleep for about a decade: try and correct this as soon as possible. If it goes for an extended amount of time, your life won't be the same.

He's going to lose that 20%, no doubt. Whoever is managing his dieting currently needs to take a hike, because he could have made this a LOT easier for himself.

MUCH easier. How would you even do that? Sweating, liquid diet...that lemon juice/cayenne pepper body shock stuff.... I just don't see how he could do it without crapping out his intestinal lining (which is a thing)

Wait. So in the entirety of Punk's two year journey to becoming an MMA fighter the guy not once practiced a weight cut? Is he like, legit trying to have this fight tossed out.
It's a classic case of someone thinking they can just do something and not realizing everything that goes into it.

klonere

Banned
Yeeesss, Tony! Yeeesss!

This is a great sentence. Maybe the greatest in the history of our sport?

So the last UFC I watched was UFC 6, which means I know nothing about it. If he doesn't lose the weight, if the fight off?

As someone who's had super bad issues with sleep for about a decade: try and correct this as soon as possible. If it goes for an extended amount of time, your life won't be the same.

Thanks for the advice. My dad has struggled with sleep and lack of it for a long time as well and while his health hasn't suffered greatly for it (yet) it's not something I want to deal with. Especially since I've always been a deep sleeper.

If Punk has to lose 30 pounds a few days out from the fight he is being completely mismanaged by his camp. Its gonna be hard enough for him as it is. He must be bulls hitting.

Recall

If Punk has to lose 30 pounds a few days out from the fight he is being completely mismanaged by his camp. Its gonna be hard enough for him as it is. He must be bulls hitting.

I know nothing about MMA. Wouldn't lose so much, so quickly really fuck up from a fatigue point of view? In my head rapid weight loss seems like it would really fuck with ya stamina but I don't know much about it to be honest.

I know nothing about MMA. Wouldn't lose so much, so quickly really fuck up from a fatigue point of view? In my head rapid weight loss seems like it would really fuck with ya stamina but I don't know much about it to be honest.

Yeah pretty much. I'm no expert myself but basically they dehydrate to get their last bit of weight down, and 30 pounds is a crazy amount.

Edit. For example the British Olympic boxers don't go more than about 5% over their fighting weight near a competition.

Top Bottom